It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:04

Text Size

February Tournament: Limited Shop

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: February Tournament: Limited Shop (Round1: Feb 1-13)

Postby Salbei » 01 Feb 2011, 14:45

Submitted my results for Group A+B (cheated a little and started earlier).

Oh and i just saw the first report for the Side Event is in (ALEX Ryugami). So how does this "feel" ?

Is it just annoying or at least a bit exciting ?
Last edited by Salbei on 01 Feb 2011, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 01 Feb 2011, 14:47

Well, it's your tournament salbei, so you can do it however you want, but I have no problems letting Aswan Jaguar play a day late.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 01 Feb 2011, 14:55

Guess i should get that stick out of my a** .Fine he can play - there is nothing on the line to play for anyway.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby juzamjedi » 01 Feb 2011, 16:25

I just saw that Aswan Jaguar is in the tournament. I posted my results not including those games. I will go back and play those games soon.

Having played most of the games, I'm the most impressed by 240sxforever's deck. It curves out really well and just keeps pushing pressure on the opponent. Bird tokens + Glorious Anthem + Honor of the Pure is a really strong late game.

Also, I really liked the inclusion of Crystal Ball in a couple of decks. I did not include it and in hindsight I wish I had played one. If games stalled (and Cognis' deck stalled the ground a lot) the Crystal Ball was really good to find relevant cards instead of lands, etc.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Feb 2011, 20:43

Thanks for letting me in,the 3 point penalty seems to be fair to give an advantage to my group opponents.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ALEX Ryugami » 02 Feb 2011, 15:28

Salbei wrote:Submitted my results for Group A+B (cheated a little and started earlier).

Oh and i just saw the first report for the Side Event is in (ALEX Ryugami). So how does this "feel" ?

Is it just annoying or at least a bit exciting ?
I like the side event :D but maybe for each month, you should have some variations so people won't get bored by it.

And for the shop's list, are you planing to do this again next month?

By the way, I'm glad that Aswan Jaguar is allowed to join the tournament :D
ALEX Ryugami

Postby Cognis » 02 Feb 2011, 15:30

The 3 point penalty won't bother him much, maybe if it was 5 others would have a chance to progress :D
Cognis
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Feb 2011, 16:11

Please put date and time (if you post again to your comments the same day) to be able to know which are knew,and don't read again or miss them.

*Shalbei is there a way to have a box to tick (check read notes)next to the templates?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Cognis » 02 Feb 2011, 17:25

The side event is a little bit confusing so let's see if I got it right. I'm playing another persons deck and I want to win but with as few life possible so I as a player would get the maximum number of points. Do I play 10 matches even if I lose say on my 3rd match or is the event over then.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Salbei » 02 Feb 2011, 17:44

Aswan jaguar wrote:Please put date and time (if you post again to your comments the same day) to be able to know which are knew,and don't read again or miss them.

*Shalbei is there a way to have a box to tick (check read notes)next to the templates?
Not sure what you mean. You want to check if you have already read the notes for this, right ? Don´t think that this is possible.

Cognis wrote:The side event is a little bit confusing so let's see if I got it right. I'm playing another persons deck and I want to win but with as few life possible so I as a player would get the maximum number of points. Do I play 10 matches even if I lose say on my 3rd match or is the event over then.
You play all 10 games. If you loose then just your score is getting screwed over - you still got the chance to loose another game :).You as the player would want to gain the least points - since the player with the least overall points is going to win.

There is a minor error in your report for the tournament

Aww1979: 9
Shantak: 5
Stroggoii: 3
Every match is worth 3 points, 6 matches are played and thus the total value of all 3 players combined has to be 18 (3*6).
Most likely counted a 2-0 or 0-2 with 2 points instead of 3.
No big deal - it is a new system and the same thing happened to me too.It is very easy to check for errors this way, another advantage over the other system :)
Since every Player got the opportunity to gain points 4 times(2x as player, 2x as AI) i have found it to be the easiest way to keep track of the score is when you just write down those 4 numbers behind the name and add them up after all games are played.
-> Salbei +3 +0 +2 +1 // 6 points

Also the -3 is supposed to be added to the total score of Aswan Jaguar (when everybody reported). This way it is just -3 (-3 *1) and not -30 (-3 * 10).

I like the side event :D but maybe for each month, you should have some variations so people won't get bored by it.

And for the shop's list, are you planing to do this again next month?
Depends on the general thoughts about this. Sure, i could work out another list if nobody else wants to.I also got a couple "fresh" ideas left that might work.
I especially like one of them.It is similar to Jatills Auction system (for different sets), but for color combinations(of 3 -> like Green/White/Red) instead.

The Side-Event really depends on the people (either they like it or not).I am aware that the current score system is not balanced at all. Was just an idea i came up with to keep things interesting.It is a rather unique idea that i wanted to "test", but was to whacky for a tournament itself.

---

I am going to update the summary at Friday evening.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Feb 2011, 18:56

Salbei in your results you have assigned 3 more points to Cognis 3 less to 240sxforever.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Salbei » 02 Feb 2011, 19:05

Nice catch. No clue how that happened.Was completely messed up - all 3 had wrong entries.

Did i get your right decklist ? I see 3 Wild Nacatl but no Mountain.First thought i started the wrong version.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Feb 2011, 19:41

You got it right,for a g mana cost the 2-2 Wild Nacatl is still a good card though didn't want to play 4 colors in what is supposed to be a fast deck.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Cognis » 03 Feb 2011, 00:09

I missed 1 point for Aww, I corrected the error, don't know how I missed it since I did write the scores of each individual match and added them together. I also added 3 points back to Aswan Jaguar.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Cognis » 03 Feb 2011, 23:00

Looking at the results I'm a little surprised I'm not dead last since the weenie deck seems to be doing fine although I'd be really surprised if it manages to play against BW decks that seem to dominate the tournament, I like Jatill's deck but it's a shame he's not playing decks that are slightly slower, especially with his starting life total being so low. My prediction is we'll have Aww and 240sx
Cognis
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments