by jmlima » 03 Apr 2013, 14:48
Rev A in red.
Rev B in blue. (08 April 2013)
Rev C in green. (15 April 2013)
Name the deck for submission: (your forum nickname)_(deck's name)_(AI or player use)
-Constructed decks must contain a minimum of sixty cards. There is no maximum deck size.
-With the exception of basic land cards, a player’s combined deck and sideboard may not contain more than four of any individual card, counted by its English card title equivalent. All cards named Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest are basic.
- The theme for the tournament is Magic 2010, as described in the blurb:
The Magic 2010 core set is a game-changer. That's because it's packed with 50% classics from the past and 50% classics-in-the-making. That's right—new content in a core set! This historic release also heralds the return of Lightning Bolt – a blast from the past that's sure to electrify your game.
Cards available for deck building are those from the following sets (and contained in the magic.exe):
- Magic 2010 (http://magiccards.info/m10/en.html)
- Zendikar (http://magiccards.info/zen/en.html)
- Worldwake (http://magiccards.info/wwk/en.html)
- Rise of the Eldrazi (http://magiccards.info/roe/en.html)
Each participant can submit one deck for use by himself against the AI and a deck, for the AI to use on his behalf against the other players.
- player-AI 2-0 2p-0p
- player-AI 2-1 2p-1,5p
- player-AI 1-2 1p-3p
- player-AI 0-2 0p-5p
General procedures and relevant dates:
- Please answer on this thread to note your interest in participating. Deadline for this is 00.00h (GMT) of Monday the 8th of April 2013.
- After the 8th, I will post the match pairings / rules, which will be determined once I know how many people are participating.
- Following from the above, the deadline for deck submission is the 00.00h (GMT) of Sunday the 14th April 2013. Decks are to be submitted to my email, and, can be submitted any-time from the point you note your interest in participating.
- The thread below is the discussion thread for any ideas, observations, general banter, related to this tournament:
- Finally, this is my first time organizing a tournament like, so, be gentle.
Given that there are 7 of us, one will automatically get a bye to round 2. The other will play against their designated opponent deck in a 'best of 3' format.
The lucky winner of a bye to round 2 is:
You can check the results at http://www.randomresult.com by introducing ticket number 1600WCLRW .
The rest of the pairings are as follows:
jmlima vs Aswan jaguar
RanDomino vs ozks
thedrigo vs stassy
I used the same website as above for the draw.
I will post the decks later today and you will have until Saturday the 20th to play your matches and post the results!
All decks are available as an attachment to this post.
- Tournament decks.zip
- (7.49 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
by stassy » 03 Apr 2013, 18:58
Right click on the most left filter button in the DeckEditor (the one marked as 8th Edition) and select the only option available : Tournament Formats/Expansion. A menu will appear and you will need to select the line as follow with the clear button then ctrl+left click to select individually the line needed.
Some notes/advices on deck building :
- There is two ways to make a tournament deck : one that will be easy for AI to play but weak against players (like aggro decks), and one that will be easy for the players to use but hard for the AI to understand (like combo decks). Sometimes a simple combo deck can win like abusable combo but not sure if there is any in M10
- Don't forget to check the Bug section to be sure your cards are not in the bugged card list.
- If there is bug/issue that is not too big, it is possible to keep playing the duel by using debug mode if you mention it in your report
- The would also mean detailed duel reports are always welcome since sometimes epics stories (or dumb AI moves) are told, if you don't have time to make one it's ok as long as you provide the results
by stassy » 04 Apr 2013, 10:24
Also another tip: Don't forget to playtest your deck in a mirror match so you can check if the AI won't crash the game...or don't play cards at all (though M10 AI base value should be completely covered)Current available players:
thedrigo, ok next weeks
triol, after his wedding
by stassy » 06 Apr 2013, 16:16
Anyways, current list so far :
by thedrigo » 08 Apr 2013, 00:49
by jmlima » 08 Apr 2013, 17:55
Don't forget the deadline for deck submission is the 00.00h (GMT) of Sunday the 14th April 2013.
by gmzombie » 09 Apr 2013, 00:42
http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
by stassy » 13 Apr 2013, 05:27
by ozks » 13 Apr 2013, 08:23
i understand master Yoda!stassy wrote:The date limit is the 14th, don't be impatient (and also it's tactical to not reveal too much infos young padawan, mwahahah)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests