It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:38

Text Size

ML3 - Easter 2013 Tournament

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: ML3 - Easter 2013 Tournament

Postby triol » 01 May 2013, 16:25

Triol_Dawn of Darkness_Triol vs RanDomino_Enchantress_AI

Triol 2 - 0 RanDomino

Triol Wins

You can find my detailed report attached to this post
Attachments
Triol - RanDomino AI.doc
(38.5 KiB) Downloaded 889 times
triol

Postby triol » 01 May 2013, 17:18

Triol_Dawn of Darkness_Triol vs AswanJaguar_Earth Revenges

Triol 2 – 0 Aswan Jaguar

Triol Wins

Attachments
Triol vs Aswan Jaguar.doc
(36 KiB) Downloaded 754 times
triol

Postby triol » 01 May 2013, 18:41

Triol_Dawn of Darkness_Triol vs Red Deck Wins ROE

Triol 2 – 0 Stassy

Triol Wins

During most of the games I played with my own deck, several bugs happened with Bloodchief Ascension, fortunately it didn't influence the final results of the games. I'm so very sorry to have included a bugged card in my deck, but those bugs didn't occure during my deck's testings...

I'm going to try to reproduce and report the bug that wasn't reported by Stassy (during 9th turn of the first Duel with Stassy, when my Swamp makes my Bloodghast come back to battlefield and it activated twice Bloodchief Ascension...)

EDIT : Although I tested many times, from many different ways, I was unable to reproduce that bug.
Attachments
Triol vs Stassy.doc
(40.5 KiB) Downloaded 861 times
triol

Postby stassy » 02 May 2013, 04:00

This bug has been reported and fixed already here, however this was a so sneaky bug that even I didn't notice until AJ report it

I am myself ashamed about Kargan Dragonlord bug but when I was testing this deck, I meta though it wouldn't have enough time to live up to transphorm into an Air Elemental :mrgreen:
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 May 2013, 15:50

RanDomino - Aswan Jaguar 2-1 | Open
Game 1- I have to Mulligan 2 times first hand(mountain+Elradzi Temple and no land fetcher)the second hand only 1 land Elradzi Temple.I begin but draw nothing but lands and there is no return.
Game 2- I trap an Avenger of Zendicar and stop advancing AI,this game I am lucky enough to draw a 2nd Avenger of Zendicar just in time as AI had enough beast tokens and fliers to go for the win next turn if I had drawn any other big guy.

RanDomino - Stassy 2-0 in both games AI is heavily mana screwed.

RanDomino - Triol AI 2-1 in the first game which I lost I never draw played a seventh mana to play my big guys.

Aswan Jaguar - RanDomino AI 2-0

Aswan Jaguar - Stassy 1-2
GAME 1- AI sweeps my little guys and finishes the job with Kiln Fiend.
GAME 2- -
GAME 3- I am mana flooded and don't have a chance to survive AI's Fire and Kiln Fiend.

Aswan Jaguar - Triol AI 1-2

Stassy - RanDomino AI 2-1-1
3nd game was a tie - I didn't think to give a point to AI for a tie.
4th game AI had really bad hand and played almost nothing.

Stassy - Aswan Jaguar 2-0 2nd game AI heavily mana screwed.

Stassy - Triol AI 2-1

Triol - RanDomino AI 2-0

Triol - Aswan Jaguar 2-0

Triol - Stassy 2-0
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Semifinal over-FINAL BEGINS...ENDS SUNDAY 5 MAY.

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 May 2013, 16:55

Semifinal Results

Randomino results:

Randomino - 11.5
Aswan Jaguar - 1 (!!!)I don't think this result can happen in a thousand games too much bad luck for me (although my deck was the weakest of the 4)
Stassy - 9.5
Triol - 17

Aswan Jaguar results:

Randomino - 7.5
Aswan Jaguar - 5.5
Stassy - 9
Triol - 12

Stassy results:

Randomino - 10
Aswan Jaguar - 7.5
Stassy - 10.5
Triol - 11.5

Triol results:

Randomino - 5.5
Aswan Jaguar - 5.5
Stassy - 7.5
Triol - 17.5

Overall results:

Randomino - 11.5+7.5+10+5.5=34.5
Aswan Jaguar - 1+5.5+7.5+5.5=19.5
Stassy - 9.5+9+10.5+7.5=36.5
Triol - 17+12+11.5+17.5=58

Triol decks gave him clearly the 1st place in the semifinal round but lets see how is going to do against only Stassy in the final round.

For the FINAL Round we play 3 games of best of 3 and it begins immediately.
You have until Sunday 5 MAY to post your results.

FINAL ROUND:
Triol vs Stassy

Let the final begin,may the best win.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby triol » 02 May 2013, 17:25

Erf!! My nightmare is now reality... I knew Stassy's deck was the most fearful for mine. I had luck during last games, let's hope it will last a little bit ;)
triol

Postby triol » 02 May 2013, 19:10

Surprisingly even if I had sometimes cold sweat, I won both games 2 - 0...

Result :

Match 1: Triol 2 - 0 Stassy

Match 2 : Triol 2 - 0 Stassy

Final Result :

Triol 2 - 0 Stassy

Fortunately, bugs didn't affect final results and I took a special attention not to activate Kalastria Highborn's capacity twice when she died (as you can see in my reports)

Now I'll play Stassy's deck against mine and make my report.
Attachments
Triol vs Stassy the return.doc
(54 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
Last edited by triol on 02 May 2013, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
triol

Postby triol » 02 May 2013, 21:40

Red Deck Wins ROE vs Triol_Dawn of Darkness_AI

- Match 1 : Stassy 1 – 2 Triol
- Match 2 : Stassy 2 – 1 Triol
- Match 3 : Stassy 2 – 0 Triol

Stassy 2 – 1 Triol

Stassy Wins

For once, the results are more in accordance to what if feel about our decks. Both has his own power and weakness, and I really was surprised to win 2 - 0 against Stassy previously...

Anyway, this tournament was really enjoyable, thanks a lot for all particpants (and particulary to organizers)!! Now I'll just wait for the other results and see who'll be the winner. Good luck Stassy! :)
Attachments
Stassy vs Triol AI the return.doc
(85.5 KiB) Downloaded 759 times
triol

Postby stassy » 03 May 2013, 14:23

Match 1
Round 1

| Open
Getting pounded by a Goblin Bushwhacker and thankfully a land giving Goblin Guide to 5 life until I can drop a Vampire Nighthawk and a Consuming Vapor to stabilize and then proceed to grind back with more Nighthawk and no answer from the AI

1-0

Round 2
| Open
AI let me play a lone Vampire Nocturnus at T4 but has also built his army, this is then a run for damage and with some luck Nocturnus buff can last a few more round for the win

2-0

Match 2
Round 1

| Open
AI get 1 Guide, 1 Bushwhacker and 2 2/2 Elemental at T2, fortunately I can get 2 Bloodseeker to hold the line.
With no land left and no luck on draw the AI can only see me thin his army with Feast of Blood and draw a Nighthawk and a Nocturnus for the win

1-0

Round 2
| Open
With at life disadvantage 8-16 but an army on each side, AI buff his Dragonlord and proceed to make 2 4/4 elemental, unfortunately there is not enough blocker on my side with 2 Bloodghast and AI win with 3 life left

1-1

Round 3
| Open
An early Vampire Nocturnus and Nighthawk ensure a fast victory

2-1

Match 3
Round 1

| Open
Landfall Bloodghast win this round after AI Earthquake -ed everything with Bloodchief Ascension kicking

1-0

Round 2
| Open
AI get at T2 1Goblin Guide, 2 2/2 Elemental but I can stabilize with a Nighthawk and a lucky Nocturnus for the win

2-0

Match 1
Round 1

| Open
AI get a T4 buffed Nocturnus but I have some Plated Geopede along with painland to buff them at the right time and win at 4 life left

1-0

Round 2
| Open
This is a very tedious match, AI doesn't get out the big bosses but I have nothing either. I chain a landfall Burst Lightning and an Earthquake, we are down at 4-1, then I lucky drawn a Searing Blaze but no creature on AI side!
I wait several turn until AI get a hasted Bloodghast to attack but my spell is faster and kill thrill for the win

2-0

Match 2
Round 1

| Open
Early Goblin Guide for me buffed with Teetering Peak, unfortunately I give too much land on AI who retaliate with Nighthawk and Nocturnus, I can nuke them but then I am cardless and his other army finish me

0-1

Round 2
| Open
Game is stable at the middle but I am cardless after nuking his creatures and he play 3 Bloodseekers to finish me off

0-2

Match 3
Round 1

| Open
Goblin Guide buffed and no real thread thanks to bolt and Smoldering Spires ensure me the win.

1-0

Round 2
| Open
An early buffed Nocturnus finish me as fast as the 1st round

1-1

Round 3
| Open
3 landfall Searing Blaze and a buffed Kiln Fiend in a row let me win the match despite the Nocturnus unbuffed

2-1

Wow, I must say I am impressed by this deck made it so far, at first I though it was a quickie red aggro with no real threat but the AI convinced me that it can kill fast if the right hand is obtained at the beginning of the game.

After some testing I though it was amusing to use a AI deck that "help" the player with Goblin Guide and wrong target on buff land, but the clever use of painland and landfall effect make it very deep, especially against an a big pushover deck like triol Vampire deck.

Anyway there is clearly a victor here, while RDW struggle to win every match, Vampires just breeze through with solid MVP like Nighthawk and Nocturnus, once they are in play it take effort and sacrifices to remove them which make it worse when the rest of the vampire army come.

Match 1
2-0

Match 2
2-1

Match 3
2-0

Match 1
2-0

Match 2
0-2

Match 3
2-1
stassy

Postby RanDomino » 05 May 2013, 23:14

Triol vs Stassy

Match 1
| Open
Game 1
I keep on Swamp x4, Consuming Vapors, Bloodchief Ascension on the draw. AI pounds down with goblins and burn, and I get a Kalastra Highborn to stick and stabilize. Several Consuming Vapors later it's over. Triol wins.
Game 2
I keep on Swamp x4, Urge to Feed, Bloodchief Ascension, Feast of Blood on the play. AI develops very slowly, playing things which I kill and burning. Then it sacrifices four lands for two 4/4 Elementals and I Consuming Vapors them. We both draw a ton of land and removal, but eventually I take control. Triol wins.
Match result: Triol 2-0

Match 2
| Open
Game 1
I keep on Swamp x5, Vampire Nighthawk, Feast of Blood on the draw. AI sacrifices two lands on turn two for two 2/2 Elementals. My Vampire Nighthawk gets Lightning Bolted. I stick a Kalastra Highborn and Vampire Nocturnus against a bunch of 1/1s and 2/2s, and the AI turns three more lands into two Elementals. I hit with the Highborn while the Nocturnus prevents attacks. Triol wins.
Game 2
I keep on Swamp x3, Vampire Nocturnus, Consuming Vapors, Kalastra Highborn, Urge to Feed on the play. AI attacks with goblins and makes two lands into Elementals. I play Vampire Nocturnus which prevents one attack before dying to Lightning Bolt. Then I just start slaughting the AI's creatures while gaining life. Triol wins.
Match result: Triol 2-0

Match 3
| Open
Game 1
I keep on Swamp x3, Urge to Feed, Kalastra Highborn, Bloodghast, Vampire Nocturnus on the play. AI plays Goblin Bushwhacker and THEN makes two 3/3 Elementals on turn 3. Stupid AI is stupid. I play Vampire Nocturnus and dominate. Triol wins.
Game 2
I mulligan a five-land hand with Bloodghast and Urge to feed and keep on Swamp x3, Blood Seeker, Gatekeeper of Malakir on the draw. AI makes two 1/1 Elementals on its first turn and I play Blood Seeker and Kalastra Highborn. They get burned and the AI attacks with the Elementals and a 2/2 Kargan Dragonlord. I have two useless Bloodchief Ascensions and can't keep anything on the board. Stassy wins.
Game 3
I keep on Swamp x5, Vampire Nighthawk, Gatekeeper of Malakir on the play. In short, I manage the AI's creatures through lots and lots of removal. Triol wins.
Match result: Triol 2-1

Stassy vs Triol

Match 1
| Open
Game 1
I keep on 2x Mountain, 3x fetchland, Kiln Fiend, Searing Blaze. I attack with the Kiln Fiend and keep the AI's creatures down, and after it dies I make two 5/5 Elementals with Devastating Summons. AI plays a Consuming Vapors. I quickly make two more 1/1 Elementals to take the second hit and the AI apparently decides to stop playing. Stassy wins.
Game 2
I keep on Fetchland, Teetering Peaks, Earthquake, Goblin Guide, Kargan Dragonlord, Goblin Bushwhacker. Goblin Guide gets violent, then trades with a Kalastra Highborn. I get stuck on three lands, but manage to get a fetchland to be able to attack for five with a Plated Geopede and use Searing Blaze to get rid of the blocker. AI uses Consuming Vapors on my now 1/1 but it's still in burn range. Stassy wins
Match result: Stassy 2-0

Match 2
| Open
Game 1
I keep on Mountain x2, fetchland, Goblin Guide, Searing Blaze, Goblin Bushwhacker x2 on the draw. I attack with goblins, then set up a big three-turn play with Kiln Fiend, Goblin Bushwhacker, Searing Blaze, and Smoldering Spires. Stassy wins.
Game 2
I keep on Mountain x3, Searing Blaze x2, Goblin Bushwhacker, Plated Geopede on the draw. AI plays Kalastra Highborn and I get angry with Plated Geopede while removing blockers with Searing Blaze. Burn ends it. Stassy wins.

Match 3
| Open
Game 1
I keep on Mountain, Smoldering Spires, Lightning Bolt, Earthquake x2, Goblin Guide, Goblin Bushwhacker on the play. I shove blockers into the bin while attacking with goblins, ending the game with Earthquake for 4. Stassy wins.
Game 2
I keep on Mountain, Teetering Peaks, two fetchlands, Goblin Guide, Kiln Fiend, Lightning Bolt on the draw. I attack, AI's creatures die, damage happens, etc. Stassy wins.
RanDomino

Postby Aswan jaguar » 06 May 2013, 16:22

Triol - Stassy 2-1 Match 1
GAME 2 AI sweeps everything I play I never managed to put a single counter to my 2 Bloodchief Ascension,later AI makes 2 4/4 Elements and finish me off.

Triol - Stassy 2-1 Match 2
GAME 2 I Mulligan a 1 land hand but next has 4 lands 1 creature and 1 Bloodchief Ascension I don't want to mulligan again since I have enough lands to play whatever I draw but I draw in consecutive turns lands and so I makes a walk on the park.
GAME 3 my 2 Bloodghast and many lands do better than AI burn spells.

Triol - Stassy 2-0 Match 3
GAME 1 the only memorable thing is AI's worst play of the series as it summons Devastating Summons for {1} with 6 lands on the battlefield although in my turn AI would loose anyway.

Stassy - Triol AI 2-0 Match 1
GAME 1 AI got stuck at 2 lands so it didn't have any chance.

Stassy - Triol AI 2-0 Match 2
2 very easy wins AI never got lower than 15 life-points.

Stassy - Triol AI 2-0 Match 3
The same with match 2.

Aswan Jaguar results
Triol - Stassy 6p - 3.5p
Stassy - Triol AI 6p - 0p
Triol 6p
Stassy 9.5p

Triol results
Triol - Stassy 6p - 0p
Stassy - Triol AI 5p - 4.5p
Triol 10.5p
Stassy 5p

Stassy results
Triol - Stassy 6p - 1.5p
Stassy - Triol AI 4p - 6.5p
Triol 12.5
Stassy 5.5

RanDomino results
Triol - Stassy 6p - 1.5p
Stassy - Triol AI 6p - 0p
Triol 6p
Stassy 7.5p

Overall results
Triol 35p
Stassy 27.5

THE BIG WINNER OF MAGIC 2010 TOURNAMENT IS.......

TRIOL

Congratulations to the winner.
Imho it was the most well balanced deck.

EDIT: Usually the tournaments price is a card and our developers grant that wish if the card is code-able.I hope that Gargaroz will fulfil your card request so lets have it.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby triol » 06 May 2013, 16:59

*bows facing the public in frenzy*

Thanks all!! I'm very proud of winning this first tounrament, it was really enjoyable although I would have prefered facing you all for real :) It was a real pleasure to compete with you all and this tournament made me learn some Magic interaction I didn't know, so thank you all :)

And to think that this tournament may allow me to choose a card to include... So if Gargaroz can do it, I would like to see Dream Chisel added to Manalink. I really want to create decks turning around this card ;)

Now I'll just have to win several more tournaments to add Morph creatures and Ixidor, Reality Sculptor and it will be alright! :mrgreen:
triol

Postby stassy » 06 May 2013, 18:03

Grats to your victory and good luck with your card prize!

It's too bad the meta did favor fast & furious decks, I would have liked to see much complicated combo decks competing (Aswan jaguar deck seemed very complex but fun with landfall in long term and thedrigo one was the most satisfying when the right combo was done), maybe next tournament :P
stassy

Postby triol » 06 May 2013, 18:08

When I tested which deck type could be done with the cards allowed, I balanced between the Vampire deck and an elf deck built in order to quickly cast Eldrazi. I must that it was quite effective too..

That makes me think that I should test it against your decks ;)
triol

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments