It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:18

Text Size

Feature Requests

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Feature Requests

Postby BetaSteward » 04 Sep 2010, 03:41

Anyone who is interested in seeing a new feature in MAGE or would like to suggest an improvement please feel free to post here.

The following is a list of features that I am currently tracking:
  • allow client to save completed games
  • start playing from replay
  • server console
  • zoom function (slider?) on each battlefield
  • deck importer in deck editor
  • ensure that client and server are the same version
  • show game message and chat messages in different colors
  • show deck stats in deck editor
  • load card art from HQ Images if MTGO client is not available
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Re: Feature Requests

Postby tyroneaq » 11 Sep 2010, 11:25

can it support HQ images? it sure would be a great improvement. ;)
tyroneaq

Postby BetaSteward » 11 Sep 2010, 18:37

I'll look into that but in the meantime you may want to check out the following wiki article: http://code.google.com/p/magic--another-game-engine/wiki/GraphicsUpgrade

BetaSteward
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Postby tyroneaq » 12 Sep 2010, 01:12

yes, thanks. it would be a great addition to the features. also, i looked into that article for graphics upgrade before i went here to ask. unfortunately, i do not have MTGO installed. but thanks just the same. keep up the great work! :)
tyroneaq

Postby BetaSteward » 13 Sep 2010, 19:16

Just as an FYI: You don't need to have an MTGO account for MAGE to use the MTGO client resources, you simply need to download and install the client. You don't even have to ever run it.

MAGE does not include any MTGO client images in order to avoid any issues from Wizards regarding distributing copyrighted content.

For those that run MAGE on platforms other than windows I will modify MAGE to attempt to load HQ pictures. The card frames and mana symbols will still be the crappy ones that I created but the card art will come from the HQ images.

BetaSteward
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Postby BryanM » 20 Sep 2011, 15:51

This would be bottom of the barrel priority to me, but it's just an idea I feel like throwing out there and let it float.

Forge has a PvE "quest" mode. The idea of starting with a very limited pile of cards, and building them up over time.. it appeals to the gatherer part of our hunter/gatherer brains.

There is already an official way of doing this: leagues.

Far far farrrrrr in the future, it would be pretty awesome to be able to start some in a simulated single player mode, with simulated players who build up their own decks over time. Play a few rounds, move on to the next "week", get a new booster, get a ranking in the league, etc.

(I get the vibe you'all are more likely to implement leagues than Wizards is in the next 20 years.)
BryanM

Postby BryanM » 15 Oct 2011, 18:54

Could there be an option to exclude Planeswalker cards from the randomly generated decks?

I hate just sitting there helplessly as these things tear me/them into bits, building up to their nuclear bomb that finishes the game single handedly. Some over powered creature, I can chump block. Overrun? If I get squashed by it, I was probably losing to begin with. Gideon? I either have a counterspell, something to exile him with, have an equally powerful Planeswalker out, or lose.
BryanM

Postby Iran » 20 Oct 2011, 15:53

When the Computer or I names a card with cards like Nevermore, I'd like to see the name of this card in somewhere. I can't see the name of that card.

Thanks
Iran

Postby gabriele83 » 23 Oct 2014, 10:32

Awesome, I'm looking forward to see the new features to come, I'm counting a lot on the replay!
Another suggestion: it would be nice being able to save other people's decks after the end of the match or being able to have decklists saved on the server just like it happens on cockatrice.
gabriele83

Postby LevelX » 23 Oct 2014, 11:13

Wow, you dug out some very old thread.
We'll see if BetaSteward resumes his tracked features. :-)
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby gabriele83 » 23 Oct 2014, 11:21

Yes it is old, but still those features are missing, I don't want to miss the hopes since XMage is so awesome.
I forgot to say it would be nice also to get not only the translated card image, but also the translated card text (which can be extracted from gatherer anyway).
If I can help somewhat with the italian translation of the UI (if needed), just ask, glad to help.
gabriele83

Postby BetaSteward » 23 Oct 2014, 18:04

That is an old list and most of the features have already been implemented. I am still interested in getting replays working as well as starting play from a specific point in a saved game. This would be a great learning tool to test how different plays would have affected the outcome of a match.

Also, now that I have worked on translating the Launcher and I have seen what tools are available for internationalization I might take a stab at the Client. I would probably start with just the screen controls and menus first before moving onto the card text. If you are interested take a look at the Launcher thread in the Developers sub-forum. Perhaps could provide Italian translations for it?
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Postby gabriele83 » 23 Oct 2014, 23:55

Sure, I'll have a look at that!
gabriele83

Return to XMage