It is currently 06 May 2024, 15:41

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-03-15

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-03-15

Postby LevelX » 15 Mar 2014, 20:25

If you have encountered any problems while using MAGE 1.3.0 dev 2014-03-15, you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

FIXES ALREADY DONE BUT NOT INSTALLED/RELEASED
- None

RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v14a|b|c (2014-04-23)
* BestowAbility - Fixed that Bestow creatures didn't revert back to creatures, if the enchanted creature left battlefield. Bug introduced with last fix to bestow ability.
* Skybind - Fixed wrong casting costs of Skybind (was WW instead of 3WW).
* BestowAbility - Fixed a problem that bestow cards that was put onto the battlefiedl as Auras were affected by abilities that should only affect creatures (e.g. Imposing Sovereign).

* Armory of Iroas - Fixed that the counter was not added to the equpped creature.
* Banisher Priest - Fixed that the return from exile effect was added to the list of triggered abilities the player has to choose the order for.
* Battlefield Thaumarurge - Fixed that the same creature was counted multiple times, if it was targeted multiple times.
* Strength from the Fallen - Fixed wrong card name (was wrongly "Strange of the Fallen").

RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v13 (2014-04-21)
[JOU]
* Fixed some wrong card numbers of JOU cards. Causing booster creation to add too much rares.
* Consign to Dust - Fixed that no targets could be selected.
* Desecration Plague - Fixed that the spell could wrongly only target enchantment creatures.
* Leonin Iconoclast - Fixed wrong rarity.
* Oppressive Rays - Fixed that the attacking costs haven't to be payed from the owner of the enchanted creature.
* Phalanx Formation - Fixed wrong rarity.
* War-Wing Siren - Fixed wrong casting costs and ability.

RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v12 (2014-04-20)
* Fixed wrong card nmbers of some cards (Dicate of Erebos, Kiora's Dismissal, Squelching Leeches, War-Wing Siren.
* Bestow ability - Fixed that bestow could wrongly be cast with instant timing.

* Akroan Mastiff - Added missing tap cost for its ability.
* Armament of Nyx - Fixed not working damage prevention effect.
* Athreos, God of Passage - Fixed that creature went back to hand if life cost was paid instead as if was not paid.
* Counterflux - Fixed not working "Can't be countered ability.
* Leonin Iconoclast - Fixed spelling error in its name.
* Pin to Earth - Fixed wrong P/T modification values from -0/-6 to -6/-0.
* Slaughter Games - Fixed not working "Can't be countered ability.
* Sundering Titan - Fixed that lands target were wrongly restricted to supertype "Basic".
* Surpreme Verdict - Fixed not working "Can't be countered ability.

RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v11 (2014-04-18)
* No fixes this time. Added all Journey into Nyx cards.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v10 (2014-04-18)
* Some fixes to game logging.
* Table and finished Match list are sorted more logical now.

* Auriok Champion - Fixed protection ability not working correctly.
* Epic Experiment - Fixed a bug that the Epic Experiment only worked correctly the first time used on server.
* Mystic Crusader - Fixed protection ability not working correctly.
* Spellheart Chimera - Fixed that power / toughness calulation was only made while on battlefield instead correctly in every zone.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v9 (2014-04-14)
* Countersqall - Fixed that spell controller did not lose the 2 life (fixes #410).
* Extirpate - Fixed bug of moving cards to exile. Now all cards are shown in the exile window.
* JOU Booster temporary are generated with 6 rare 6 uncommon 3 common cards to make it easier to test the already implemented cards with sealed or draft games (because very less commons are previewed yet).
* Some changes to user handling and its logging to narrow down cause of that nasty bug, that breaks user handling on server.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v8 (2014-04-13)
* Bestow - Fixed a bug that casting a bestow creature as enchantment aura triggered enters the battlefield events as creatures (e.g. triggering evolve).
* Echo ability - Fixed that echo had not to be paid if permanent came into play by other abilities (e.g. Living End).
* Suspend - Fixed that cards with suspend but without costs (e.g. Living End) could be cast for no costs (without Suspend).
* Faeries count - Fixed some abilities that did not count non creature Faeries permanents (e.g. Spellslutter Sprite).
* Tournament play - Player state set to "Eliminated" as soon as he lost a match in an elimination tournament. Points for a Bye for player are shown immediately. Players finishing the last round are set to Finishedinstead of wating for next round.
* Tournament play - Fixed that player match time was not reset at the beginning of a new tournament round.
* Tournament play - Fixed that AI players were unintended removed from combat at the start of a new tournament round.

* Desecration Demon - Made AI not using the sacrifice ability any more.
* Festercreep - Fixed bug that it dies the moment it was put onto battlefield.
* Kavu Predator - Fixed that the triggered add counter ability did not work.
* Neightveil Spector - Fixed a bug that casting with the Spector exiled Enchantment Auras were not handled correctly.
* Silent Sentinel - Fixed that enchantment returned wrongly tapped onto the battlefield.
* Tezzeret the Seeker - Fixed a bug that the X ability could only search for artifacts with exactly X converted mana costs instead of X or less.
* Toxic Deluge - Fixed that the x costs were not calculated corectly.
* Wrench Mind - Fixed a bug that locked the UI while discarding.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v7 (2014-04-05)
* Added simple preference setting to download the card images in the preferred language from magiccards.info.
* Discard - Fixed a bug that forced palyer to discard the complete hand instead of the defined amount if discarded card was exiled instead of put into graveyard (e.g. Leyline of the Void and Blightning ).
* Split Second - Fixed a bug that if more than one split second card was in the game, the zone of the owning card ould not be retrieved correctly.
* Sacrifice cost - Fixed a bug that made wrongly sacrificing invalid, because sacrificed permanent did not go to graveyard (e.g. Rest in Peace in play).
* Fixed a bug that prevented most continuous effects from recognizing if a permanent made zone changes and so the permanent was considered as a valid target even if the permanent changed zones (e.g. was Cloudshifted).

* Gemstone Mine - Fixed that the sacrifice affect was a triggered ability instead of correctly an effect of the mana ability.
* Golgari Thug - Fixed that card in graveyard was not a mandatory target.
* Runed Halo - Fixed a bug that controlling player had protection from every name.
* Searchlight Geist - Fixed that deathtouch did not end on turns end.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v6 (2014-04-01)
* Attacking Planeswalker - Fixed a bug that it was not able to attack a planeswalker that had hexproof.
* Reconnect time (running down from 3 minutes) is now shown for disconneted players on player list and tournament panel.
* You can now reconnect (during the 3 minutes) to a tournament also if meanwhile a new game (after sideboarding ended) or a new round was started.
* Conceding the complete match in a tournament can no longer result in a draw, if you won games before.
* Quitting a tournament does now always end all active games of that quitting player.
* Fixed that after reconnecting to draft /sealed tournament the construct panel was beside game panel wrongly opened again.
* Zombie 2/2 token images - Fixed that token images were not always shown.

* Cabal Coffers - Fixd that the activated ability was no mana ability.
* Vedalken Shackles - Added missing {2} mana cost to activate.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v5 (2014-03-28)
* Bushido - Fixed a bug that for bushido X (Fumiko, the Lowblood) , the value was not locked in as bushido ability resolved (still a problem with X and Takeno, Samurai Gernal left).
* Fixed a problem that abilities of cards could not be cast /played / activated if they had no mana costs (e.g. Cabal Therapy and Crucible of Worlds).
* Editor / Add Lands - Fixed that land from sets could be selected (e.g. if you played MMA Sealed /Draft), that doesn't have all type of basic lands (e.g. Duel Sets). So sometimes it was not possible to add any type of basic land to the deck for sealed / draft match.
* Fixed a bug of CanBlockOnlyFlyingAbility that prevented other creatures with flying on the battlefield to block (Gloomwidow, Scrapskin Drake, Stormbound Geist, Skywinder Drake, Cloud Elemental, Cloud Sprite, Vaporkin, Welkin Tern).
* Select card window (client) - Fixed a bug that the window (also if reqiured) was closed, if you clicked on the frame of the window (e.g. to resize). Now the window is not closed in this case and can also be resized. However if the target is not set to required, the window is not modal and clicking anywhere beside the window, will still close the window without having made a selection.
* Enlarged View (Client) - Mousewheel down shows now the original image of the source card if used for an ability on stack or select window (Mouswheel up uses like before the text overlay with the ability text).
* Flashback ability - Fixed that flashback abilities with non mana costs (e.g. Cabal Therapy) added the costs wrongly again as additional costs to the tooltip text of the card.

* Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver - Fixed a bug that the first ability did not work after a change recently made.
* Goblin Raider -Removed the Goblin Raider from 9th Edition set becuase it was only released in 9th Edition box set, which is not implemented yet in MAGE* Knight of New Alara - Fixed that Knight got wrongly boost from it's own ability.
* Hallowed Burial - Fixed possible NPE.
* Leyline of the Void - Fixed a bug that also cards could be exiled that go to controllers graveyard.
* Warren Weirding - Fixed that created tokens got haste ability wrongly permanent instead only util end of turn.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v4 (2014-03-26)
* Multiplayer "Free for all" games - Fixed a bug that controller of a spell was sometimes affected by effects that should only be applied to opponents (e.g. Mogis, God of Slaughter's triggered ability).
* Variable loyality payment - Fixed a bug that the -X payment of loyality counters was added insted subtracted. Prevented the possibility to announce x loyality counter payment, if already one planeswalker ability was used this turn.
* Player Hexproof - Fixed that the Player Hexproof prevented that the player could be attacked.
* Prowl Ability - Fixed a bug in tooltip txt generation.
* Cycling effects - Added missing reveal effect, added missing reminder text.
* Vivid Lorwyn lands - Fixed enters battlefield ability tooltip text.
* Player types - If you connect to another MAGE server, the available player types are updated now correctly. Removed some redundant update of server information in client.

* Counterbalance - Fixed that the counter effect did not correctly work.
* Goblin Welder - Fixed that second target of Goblin Welder was not handled by AI player.
* Malfegor - Fixed the enters the battlefield triggered ability that did not work correctly.
* Stormtide Leviathan - Fixed that the Islands could not produce U mana. Fixed bug in the attack restriction effect.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v3 (2014-03-22)
* Combat blocking - Fixed that blocking of multiple attackers by one creature did not work (e.g. for Guardian of the Gateless).
* Block triggered ability - fixed that creatures or enchantments with triggered abilities that should trigger only once as they or the enchanted creature blocks (also multiple creatures e.g. Guardian of the Gateless) really only trigger once. They triggered wrongly per blocked creature before.
* Fixed possible null pointer exception for EntersBattlefieldAllTriggeredAbility.

* Druids' Repository - Fixed that Druids' Repository was wrongly tapped, if the mana ability was activated.
* Electropotence - Fixed that it did not trigger for tokens and mana payment is now correctly during resolution.
* Eviscerator - Fixed not working lose life effect.
* Filthy Cur - Fixed not working lose life effect.
* Master of Cruelties - Fixed that it worked correctly if put attacking onto battlefield by effect (e.g. Kaalia of the Vast ) during combat.
* Not of This World - Fixed wrong target describtion.
* Spell Pierce - Fixed bug that caused "java.lang.ClassCastException: mage.filter.predicate.ObjectPlayer cannot be cast to mage.filter.predicate.ObjectSourcePlayer" error.
* Vampiric Spirit - Fixed not working lose life effect.

FIXES RELEASED - MAGE Dev 2014-03-15v2
* Fixed the "can only block flying creatures effect" (e.g. Vaporkin ). It was implemented as replacement effect instead of restriction effect which leads to dead locks in combat if it was forced to block a non flyer.
* Fixed that modes of modal spells resolved also if all targeted modes of a spell had no more legal targets and there were targeted modes (e.g. Cryptic Command). Should also fix same problem for parts of a fused spell.
* Triggered abilities are now posted to the game log with target information and by the time they go to the stack instead of the time they resolve. So targets in graveyard can be read in the log if not recognizable by graphical targets(e.g. Snapcaster Mage ).

* Budoka Gardener - Fixed that ability was targeted but shouldn't. Used new flip effect working correctly with copy effects.
* Serpent Warrior - Fixed that the lose life effect did no work.
* Thoughtseize - Fixed that game lock could happen if target player had no non land cards on hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: MAGE 1.3.0 DEV 2014-03-15 was released

Postby MaroK » 18 Mar 2014, 20:07

I would like to inform you, that there is still a bug with the Thoughtseize card.
examples :
1.) Played Thoughtseize, opponent had 1 card. It was an instant an he played it in response. He had 0 cards left, but Mage still wanted me to pick one. No cancel, no skip, nothing... had to close the whole app and surrender.
2.) Same story, except the opponent had 2 lands. Couldnt do anything here aswell.
3.) Arcbound Ravager bug - I eated 5 artefacts with him, and wanted to move 6 counters to another creature. All artefacts were sacrificed succesfully, ravager aswell... however only one +1/+1 was moved to the target instead of 6x +1/+1
MaroK

Re: MAGE 1.3.0 DEV 2014-03-15 was released

Postby LevelX » 19 Mar 2014, 12:42

MaroK wrote:3.) Arcbound Ravager bug - I eated 5 artefacts with him, and wanted to move 6 counters to another creature. All artefacts were sacrificed succesfully, ravager aswell... however only one +1/+1 was moved to the target instead of 6x +1/+1
I can't reproduce this problem. I sacrificed 5 artifacts with Arcbound Reaver and let the stack resolve. Arcbound Reaver was 6/6 and had 6 counters. Then I sacrificed himself by activating his ability and selected another artifact. There were correctly 6 counters placed to the target artifact.

I suppose you did already sacrifice the Arcbound Ravager before the counters from the eated 5 artefacts are placed on the Arcbound Ravager. That would lead correctly to your described result.

If you didn't do this, please describe in detail what you do and in which order so that I can reproduce the problem.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-03-15

Postby Grahf » 22 Mar 2014, 11:43

Bug with new card Wrench Mind? In deck editor si all fine, but in play, when choosing deck, this error come up:
"server error: Error loading card - wrench mind deck - null"
Grahf

Postby LevelX » 22 Mar 2014, 12:59

Grahf wrote:Bug with new card Wrench Mind? In deck editor si all fine, but in play, when choosing deck, this error come up:
"server error: Error loading card - wrench mind deck - null"
Ok, problem found. Did not use the newest version on server. I will upate the version used by server, then all will work as intended.
UPDATE: Server is now updated.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby JackSasfir » 23 Mar 2014, 16:17

It seems like I can't start 1 on 1 vs a computer in this new release.

Lets say I'm making a game against the PC on my own server I get this error:

"Servor: error loading card 'insert name card here' for deck - null"
and it produces this error with any decks, even the ones that come with the client.

And if I try on the public server I'll get an error like this :
"Could not create player computer of type Computer - Mad"
or
"A computer - draft bot player can't join this table"

I have been able to play against PCs in past versions but never in this one. I talked to my friends that were also able to play in past versions and it doesn't work for them either in this current release? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
JackSasfir

Postby LevelX » 23 Mar 2014, 19:13

JackSasfir wrote:It seems like I can't start 1 on 1 vs a computer in this new release.

Lets say I'm making a game against the PC on my own server I get this error:

"Servor: error loading card 'insert name card here' for deck - null"
and it produces this error with any decks, even the ones that come with the client.
Which exact version do you mean?
AI player is working for me with MAGE 1.3.0.dev-2014-03-15v3 without problem.
One possible cause could be that you have only JRE6.x instead of JRE7.x installed or you use a 6.x JRE version instead of the 7.x.
Unintall if possible 6.xx JRE version.

JackSasfir wrote:And if I try on the public server I'll get an error like this :
"Could not create player computer of type Computer - Mad"
or
"A computer - draft bot player can't join this table"
That's expected behaviour because the AI player type is not loaded on the public server to prevent high server CPU load from using AI players.
Only there is a bug that the list of player types is not refreshed if you diconnect from your local server and connect to public server (I'll fix this in next version). If you connect to the public server first, you will see, that the AI player is not selectable.

JackSasfir wrote:I have been able to play against PCs in past versions but never in this one. I talked to my friends that were also able to play in past versions and it doesn't work for them either in this current release? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
As already said, only reason that comes to my mind is JRE version < 7.x.

You can post the relevant part of client & server log, maybe I can get a hint from that. Create an issue on https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues?state=open if you can't post here the log messages.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Darkrug » 25 Mar 2014, 16:28

Sorry for my english
1) Sometimes in free for all play player A blocks instead of player B, and player B skips his block phase
2) Is it normal that in free for all play it is impossible to attack diagonally? + it is impossible to make a player who sits diagonally be target of a spell, even if it asks to destroy all creatures, diagonal player has undestroyed creatures and so on
3) When Player A attacks Player B with Golgari Decoy, game asks Player B to block with creatures that Player C controls
4) Stormtide Leviathan makes unable to attack with ALL creatures even if they have flying or islandwalk
5) If a Player controls Witchbane Orb he can't be attacked
6) if a Player A controls Leyline of the Void, and plays discard spell on Player B, Player B discards his hand, not only the amount of cards he was asked
Darkrug

Postby LevelX » 25 Mar 2014, 23:17

Darkrug wrote:Sorry for my english
1) Sometimes in free for all play player A blocks instead of player B, and player B skips his block phase
I'm not sure if I got this problem correctly, but it could be a problem of the now fixed opponent check in "Free for all" games. So test with v4 if this problem still exists.

Darkrug wrote:2) Is it normal that in free for all play it is impossible to attack diagonally? + it is impossible to make a player who sits diagonally be target of a spell, even if it asks to destroy all creatures, diagonal player has undestroyed creatures and so on
This is controlled by attack range (default = 1 but you can change if you create the table). So yes this is normal for attack range 1 also that only permanents in range are effected from mass destruction.

Darkrug wrote:3) When Player A attacks Player B with Golgari Decoy, game asks Player B to block with creatures that Player C controls
Could be the same problem as #1 but I will check this in detail.

Darkrug wrote:4) Stormtide Leviathan makes unable to attack with ALL creatures even if they have flying or islandwalk
Bug is fixed in v4.

Darkrug wrote:5) If a Player controls Witchbane Orb he can't be attacked
Bug is fixed in v4.

Darkrug wrote:6) if a Player A controls Leyline of the Void, and plays discard spell on Player B, Player B discards his hand, not only the amount of cards he was asked
I can't reproduce this problem, which card for discard was used exactly?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Grahf » 26 Mar 2014, 16:58

Knight of New Alara gets bonus from his ability.
Grahf

Postby Darkrug » 26 Mar 2014, 17:43

LevelX wrote:
Darkrug wrote:6) if a Player A controls Leyline of the Void, and plays discard spell on Player B, Player B discards his hand, not only the amount of cards he was asked
I can't reproduce this problem, which card for discard was used exactly?
Opponent had 5 cards in his hand, i played Blightning and opponent had to discard all 5 cards, not only 2
Darkrug

Postby howhow » 26 Mar 2014, 22:05

cannot flashback Cabal Therapy
howhow

Split second

Postby The0retico » 31 Mar 2014, 20:53

I was able to fetch with Scalding Tarn while my opponent had Extirpate on the stack.
The0retico

Re: Split second

Postby LevelX » 01 Apr 2014, 11:32

The0retico wrote:I was able to fetch with Scalding Tarn while my opponent had Extirpate on the stack.
Can't reproduce this.
Do you have the game log of this game?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Split second

Postby The0retico » 01 Apr 2014, 21:15

LevelX wrote:
The0retico wrote:I was able to fetch with Scalding Tarn while my opponent had Extirpate on the stack.
Can't reproduce this.
Do you have the game log of this game?
Here you are.
Attachments
20140331_215009_Two Player Duel_2.txt
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
The0retico

Next

Return to XMage