It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 07:24

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-09-13

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-09-13

Postby howhow » 21 Sep 2014, 10:20

howhow wrote:Rattleclaw Mystic's ability "When Rattleclaw Mystic is turned face up, add {G}{U}{R} to your mana pool." is a mana ability so shouldnt use the stack

FROM KTK FAQ
* Although turning a face-down creature with morph face up doesn’t use the stack, Rattleclaw Mystic’s triggered ability does use the stack, and players can respond to that ability. Notably, you can’t turn Rattleclaw Mystic face up while casting a spell or activating an ability. You’ll need to turn Rattleclaw Mystic face up and have its triggered ability resolve before you can spend that mana.
right...but the point is its not a mana ability,a triggered mana ability must be triggered from a mana ability...
406.1. A mana ability is either (a) an activated ability without a target that could put mana into a player’s mana pool when it resolves or (b) a triggered ability without a target that triggers from a mana ability and could produce additional mana. A mana ability can generate other effects at the same time it produces mana.
howhow

Postby LevelX » 21 Sep 2014, 12:39

howhow wrote:right...but the point is its not a mana ability,,a triggered mana ability must be triggered from a mana ability...
So all works correctly now?
Or do you see still any problem?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby VitaEdo » 22 Sep 2014, 02:48

Two bugs, not sure if the first one is a bug or not.

I was playing 1v1 EDH vs a friend of mine. Hive Mind was out, I cast Debt to the Deathless with a value of 14, Hive Mind activates and both of us get Debt to the Deathless but I guess she got priority on the stack. It casts and I lose instantly with -13 life or so and my card doesn't trigger. A friend told me that the interaction for this should've been just a net gain for both - I'm not entirely sure what should happen in these cases, I haven't looked at rulings for it.

XMage acts correctly as far as I see

Additionally, Price of Glory seems to be triggering no matter when you tap your lands - even during your turn it still triggers, though it does not destroy the land. Just a minor annoyance since it does fill up the screen with triggers.

FIXED
VitaEdo

Postby LevelX » 22 Sep 2014, 05:50

VitaEdo wrote:I was playing 1v1 EDH vs a friend of mine. Hive Mind was out, I cast Debt to the Deathless with a value of 14, Hive Mind activates and both of us get Debt to the Deathless but I guess she got priority on the stack. It casts and I lose instantly with -13 life or so and my card doesn't trigger. A friend told me that the interaction for this should've been just a net gain for both - I'm not entirely sure what should happen in these cases, I haven't looked at rulings for it.
You cast your Debt to the Deathless goin to stack. Then Hive Mind copies the Debt to the Deathless for your opponent he chooses you as target and it goes to stack. So his Debt to the Deathless will resolve first so you loose two times 14 life. Before your Debt to the Deathless will resolve state base actions are checked (as soon as a player would get priority). You are at -13 life and loose the game. I don't see a bug here.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby fireshoes » 22 Sep 2014, 16:35

LevelX wrote:
fireshoes wrote:Also, there's the little icon at the top of my screen that blinks when someone joins or leaves a table. If it is blinking, it seems like menu selection items also blink when I try to select them, like choosing a color for Sylvan Caryatid or choosing a card to name with Pithing Needle.
I have no idea what you mean. Can you mark it on a screen shot?
Attachments
NewMatch.png
When I create a new match, the Xmage icon is a solid brown. (I have two instances of Xmage open, so that's why there's two icons)
PlayerJoined.png
When another player joines the table, the Xmage icon blinks from brown to green about once a second.
TapCaryatid.png
When I tap the Sylvan Caryatid for mana, the color choice menu pops up.
ManaChoiceGone.png
When the icon changes colors, the mana choice menu disappears.
fireshoes

Postby raisins7 » 23 Sep 2014, 01:49

I was playing vs a computer.

1) When I bounce a face down morph to their hand (retraction helix in this case) I should get to see which card it is.

They should also be revealed whenever they go to any hidden zone, so spells that put it on top of the library, or if it's face down on the stack counterspells that put it back in their hand or into the library.

FIXED

2) When I cast a spell with delve (Dig Through Time), I should only be allowed to exile up to the number of cards equal to the colorless mana I could spend on the spell. You can't overpay to exile more cards if you want to. This is actually a change to the magic rules, the current implementation was correct before Tarkir.

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/571
raisins7

Postby fireshoes » 23 Sep 2014, 06:09

Got a Javascript error against a human opponent when he cast Murderous Cut (Delving 4 cards) targetting my Eidolon of the Great Revel. We weren't able to proceed in the game because it kept reoccurring.

FOLLOW-UP ERROR
Attachments
Screenshot.png
fireshoes

Postby phyvo » 23 Sep 2014, 17:18

I am new to magic, so I don't know if this is intended, but the Rakshasa Vizier gets its counters placed on it one at a time in the stack. As a result, hardened scales doubles the number of counters you put on it even though RV's language is similar to cards like hooded hydra which only get one extra counter. Seems like a loophole, but maybe there's something technical about exiling cards? I don't know.
phyvo

Postby FunGhoul » 24 Sep 2014, 04:20

I am using a deck that uses Arcanum Wings to sneak Eldrazi Conscription into play. In play, I have a Tallowisp, a Slippery Bogle with Arcanum Wings attached, Breeding Pool, Hallowed Fountain, and Celestial Colonnade. In my hand I have an Academy Researcher and Eldrazi Conscription. I activate the Arcanum wings ability, pay the activation cost, and resolve the trigger. When I select the Eldrazi Conscription in my hand, I receive a Java Null Pointer Exception. I hope you guys can fix this soon. I love this deck and this application! Thanks so much!

-FunGhoul

NOT REPRODUCABLE
FunGhoul

Postby fireshoes » 24 Sep 2014, 05:57

When my opponent or I cast Morph creatures as 2/2 face down creatures, or when I have a Morph in play, I see the token art. But when my opponent has a Morph in play, I only see a blank blue image.

FIXED
Attachments
morphs2.png
Opponent and I both have Morphs in play, and he is casting one. Only his one on the battlefield is missing the art.
fireshoes

Postby Grahf » 24 Sep 2014, 11:41

Ah, thats two bug threads :)

Opponent destroyed my Karmic Justice and ability does not trigger.

FIXED

I attacked with noncreature artifact with Ensoul Artifact on it. Then opponent cast Hero's Downfall and target the artifact. In response i put Retraction Helix on other creature, and return Ensoul Artifact to my hand. Hero's Downfall fizzle, but my (now) noncreature artifact remained as attacker, and opponent blocked it with creature. (During combat damage step no damage was dealt.)

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/366
Grahf

Postby NoGue2k » 24 Sep 2014, 15:15

Khans Sorin +1 lasts "forever" instead of until your next turn.

http://i.imgur.com/isF16Lu.jpg

FIXED A BUG THAT PROBABLY CAUSED THE PROBLEM
NoGue2k

Postby fireshoes » 24 Sep 2014, 21:51

I was using Sorin quite a bit today, and the +1 was working ok, so it may be a sporadic bug causing the problem.
fireshoes

Postby fireshoes » 25 Sep 2014, 18:14

My Ashcloud Phoenix died and returned to the battlefield as Morph, except with the regular Ashcloud Phoenix art and 2/2 power/toughness. I clicked on it and was given the ability to unMorph it, so it seemed to be working other than the art. I played a second Ashcloud Phoenix, which also died, but it came back with the correct Morph art. I then got a random disconnect, and when I reconnected they both had the correct Morph art.

FIXED
fireshoes

Postby raisins7 » 25 Sep 2014, 18:55

I lost a game because my "plains" was actually a forest. My deck was meant to have the forest in it, and mechanically the card worked correctly. The deck importer chose a S99 edition forest.

It seems the Starter Deck 1999 set basic lands are misassigned. The forests use the plains images, swamps are mountains, mountains are plains and forests are swamps. Islands are still islands, because blue is OP. I think I downloaded the images from magiccards dot info.

FIXED
raisins7

PreviousNext

Return to XMage