It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:23

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-09-26

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-09-26

Postby LevelX » 26 Sep 2014, 18:13

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.3.0 dev 2014-09-26, you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

FIXES ALREADY DONE BUT NOT INSTALLED/RELEASED
* Fixed show card name preferences handling that prevented to switch off to show card names.
* Fixed that if a creature has already blocked another creature this turn it's no longer forced to block that creature again if a "must be blocked this turn effect" was cast or activated.
* Fixed Standard Format card selection. Client used fixed date. Check on match deck validator used wrong month (1.11 insted of 1.10).
* Added F7 to skip until next main phase. Added some preference options to skip handling. Clicking on phase bar opens now phase bar preferences.
* Fixed that watching tournament could not be started.
* Multiplayer - Fixed a bug that a player that left a multiplayer game was not handled correctly. Next game did not start. Running game was ended after some minutes
* Fixed that AI used activated abilities for Battlefield as the card was on hand
* Allow deselection of target cards (eg. in graveyard using Delve).
* Added possibility to set some more JBoss Remoting parameters with config.xml on server start.

* Doubling Cube - Fixed that the mana was wrongly trippled instead of doubled.
* Ghost Quarter - Fixed that the second part of the effect did not work, if the target is not destroyed (e.g. indestructible).
* Gobling Guide - Fixed that the effect did not work if Goblin Guide was removed from battlefield as it resolved.
* Kruphix, God of Horizons - Fixed a bug that the mana pool was not correctly emptied.
* Market Festival - Fixed that the mana generated by Market Festival could be used to pay mana costs of a mana ability of the land Market Festival enchants (e.g. second ability of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx).
* Mindswipe - Fixed that it didn't deal damage, if the X cost was paid by target spell controller.
* Psychic Intrusion - Fixed that it did not work to pay mana costs with any kind of mana.
* Pine Walker - Fixed that the turned face up ability did also trigger for other creatures if Pine Walker was face down.
* See the Unwritten - Fixed that if a creature with power 4 or more was put into play if there was none before on battlefield, the Ferocious effect was resolved after too.

Relase 2014-09-26v2
* Client - Fixed that tooltip popup window works now also if the new card text option is switched off.
* Client - Fixed a bug that prevents client from reconnecting to active games/tournaments after disconnect (it simply left XMage before - what means all games/tournaments were quit).
* Black Cat is no longer a Black Car.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-09-26

Postby S Jake » 27 Sep 2014, 11:12

I reported this yesterday on the bug thread for the previous version of XMage, but it came up again when I was playing against a miracles deck last night. The miracle triggers (for both Entreat the Angels and Terminus) were not using the stack. What should happen is that when the card is revealed, a triggered ability ("You may cast this card for its miracle cost when you draw it if it's the first card you drew this turn") should be placed on the stack and both players should receive priority before the spell is cast. The miracle card should be treated is being in the player's hand during this time.

Relevant rules:

702.93a Miracle is a static ability linked to a triggered ability (see rule 603.10). “Miracle [cost]” means “You may reveal this card from your hand as you draw it if it’s the first card you’ve drawn this turn. When you reveal this card this way, you may cast it by paying [cost] rather than its mana cost.”

702.93b If a player chooses to reveal a card using its miracle ability, he or she plays with that card revealed until that card leaves his or her hand, that ability resolves, or that ability otherwise leaves the stack.

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/447
FIXED
S Jake

Postby Heris » 28 Sep 2014, 11:11

Tormented Hero still is mispelled in deck editor as Human Warior.

Only a DB problem. FIXED
Heris

Postby LevelX » 28 Sep 2014, 11:45

Heris wrote:Tormented Hero still is mispelled in deck editor as Human Warior.
To fix this also for client (e.g. deck editor). Exit client. Delete all files in the ../mage-client/db/ and restart the client. The server has the correct name anyway.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Heris » 28 Sep 2014, 12:05

Thx, following your instructions now it's fixed.
Heris

Postby BryanFalcon » 28 Sep 2014, 20:26

i cant remove the name on cards, i already try by the preferences but nothing changes.

FIXED
BryanFalcon

Postby nathan » 28 Sep 2014, 20:38

Several things here.

While using Nykthos' devotion ability, if you have in your mana pool several colors, it will ALWAYS eat the mana that you have less of. There is no way to get around this other than tapping lands for the desired colors after already tapping Nykthos which is usually suboptimal and sometimes impossible. If you want to hold on to that colored mana, it is basically impossible.

DEACTIVATE AUTOMATIC MANA USAGE

If you have a Market Festival on Nykthos, some odd things happen. Here is my situation:
I had 5 green mana in my pool. While tapping Nykthos for its devotion ability and choosing to create both black and blue mana after tapping it, Nykthos left the green mana that was already in my mana pool alone and somehow used its own black and blue mana to pay for its activation cost. This made it impossible to cast Villainous Wealth for any X value other than 3, when I could be casting it for 10.

FIXED
nathan

Postby LevelX » 28 Sep 2014, 21:10

nathan wrote:Several things here.

While using Nykthos' devotion ability, if you have in your mana pool several colors, it will ALWAYS eat the mana that you have less of. There is no way to get around this other than tapping lands for the desired colors after already tapping Nykthos which is usually suboptimal and sometimes impossible. If you want to hold on to that colored mana, it is basically impossible.

If you have a Market Festival on Nykthos, some odd things happen. Here is my situation:
I had 5 green mana in my pool. While tapping Nykthos for its devotion ability and choosing to create both black and blue mana after tapping it, Nykthos left the green mana that was already in my mana pool alone and somehow used its own black and blue mana to pay for its activation cost. This made it impossible to cast Villainous Wealth for any X value other than 3, when I could be casting it for 10.
You have to deactivate the automatic mana activation in this situations. Use the right mouse button menu on the battlefield and switch it off. Than you can choose the desired mana if you pay mana costs by clicking the mana symbols located in the player area on the left.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby emerald000 » 28 Sep 2014, 23:04

Also, you shouldn't be able to use the Market Festival mana to pay for the Nykthos cost. So that part is definitely a bug.
emerald000

Postby lavnchpad » 30 Sep 2014, 17:52

There seems to be a bug with See the Unwritten. I cast it with only a Sylvan Caryatid and a Whip of Erebos on the field (so no Ferocious), and hit an Ashen Rider. When I selected the Ashen Rider, a second copy of See the Unwritten activated somehow, this time with Ferocious - asking me to put 2 creatures into play.
3e47d0beed251fdf38791d6549985e3b.png
Log for the game in question
Here's the relevant portion of the game log.

FIXED
lavnchpad

Postby howhow » 01 Oct 2014, 11:34

doubling cube becomes tripling cube

FIXED
howhow

Postby Mainiack11 » 02 Oct 2014, 03:20

If a morph is on the table and an enemy Doomwake Giant comes down, the morph goes down to 1/1 correctly. If you unmorph the 2/2 and is also a 2/2 after umorphing, the morph will be erroneously reduced to 0/0 and die.

NOT REPRODUCEABLE YET
Mainiack11

Postby LevelX » 02 Oct 2014, 14:07

Mainiack11 wrote:If a morph is on the table and an enemy Doomwake Giant comes down, the morph goes down to 1/1 correctly. If you unmorph the 2/2 and is also a 2/2 after umorphing, the morph will be erroneously reduced to 0/0 and die.
I can't reproduce this. I used Ponyback Brigade to test.
What was your morph creature?
And your opponent didn't bring in a second enchantment?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Mainiack11 » 03 Oct 2014, 03:49

I had a face down Rattleclaw Mystic and a face down Icefeather Aven. The Doomwake effect had only happened once, since the face down creatures were at 1/1 and I had no anthem effects buffing them. The opponent did not react to my triggers caused from umorphing. I paid the mana cost, and instead of getting face up creatures, the creatures went to the graveyard. The rattleclaw should die since it is a 2/1, that I understand, but the icefeather died as well.
Mainiack11

Postby varygoode » 03 Oct 2014, 14:06

I don't think this qualifies as a bug, but...

Is there any way we could move Courser of Kruphix's revealed card off of the player block? Perhaps move it to the space below each player block? It sits in front of the life total and is very bothersome, since knowing our life total is quite crucial.

Either that, or allow the user to move it themselves.

LIFE IS SHOWN ALSO IN THE TOOLTIP OF PLAYERS NAME FRAME
varygoode

Next

Return to XMage