It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:38

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-10-18

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-10-18

Postby LevelX » 18 Oct 2014, 17:14

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.3.0 dev 2014-10-18, you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

FIXES ALREADY DONE BUT NOT INSTALLED/RELEASED
* Outlast ability - Fixed typo of tooltip text.
* Conditional Mana- Fixed that conditional mana was not emptied at end of phase step.
* BecomesCreatureTargetEffect - Fixed a bug that type changing effects (e.g. 1st ability of Nissan Worldwaker) did wrongly always overwrite all subtypes.
* Fixed order of extra turns. Extra turns of a player were only performed before and after that players turn. That didn't handle the order of extra turns correctly.
* Morph - Fixed that copying a morph creature always copied the creature like it was face down.
* Fixed attack triggered ability. That could also trigger if the attack was undone before (e.g. Geist of Saint Traft).
* Fixed a bug that changing player type on new tournament panel started unwanted cascading change loop that needed longer time to resolve.
* Draft fixed a bug that mismatched the player draft order if a player was replaced by draftbot.

* Angelic Arbiter - Fixed handling of the restriction effects.
* Copy Enchantment - Fixed a bug that it could not copy non aura enchantments.
* Chancellor of the Annex - Fixed second abilty that only triggered but did nothing.
* Living Death - Fixed bug that happened as graveyard was empty if Living Death was cast.
* Old Man of the Sea - Removed the wrong activation cost of {2}.
* Opt - Fixed missing reveal window.
* Painwracker Oni - Fixed typo of subtype check.
* Skirk Drill Sergeant - Fixed that all kind of permanents could be brought onto battlefield instead of only Goblin permanents.

Release 2014-10-18v3 (2014-10-25)
* Fixes to put token onto the battlefield that's a copy of creature on the battlefield effects that copy creatures that already copy other creatures.
* Updated banned card list for commander.
* Fixed that a check for the submitted deck was wrongly also made for limited tournaments.
* Commander - Fixed that a countered commander could not be moved instead to command zone if he left the stack.
* Overload - Fixed that Overload ability can't be used to cast a spell without mana to pay.
* Fixed bug of player handling if player left during sideboarding.
* Fixed ChatPanel transparency setting.
* Fixed player names text building for tournament match info.

* Academy Rector - Fixed that the triggered abiliy did never work.
* Bile Blight - Fixed a bug that the object was not correctly copied
leading to error.
* Bow of Nylea - Fixed put on buttom of library effect.
* Iname Life Aspect - Fixed that the triggered abiliy did not work correctly.
* Loam Dweller - Fixed that no land could be selected for Loam Dwellers triggered ability.
* Obstinate Baloth - Fixed a bug that EntersBattlefieldTriggeredAbilities did not work if the triggering creature entered and left the battlefield during the resolution of an effect.
* Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Fixed that the tokens were not created if the spell was countered.
* Roar of Jukai - Fixed that boost was assigned to blocking instead to blocked creatures.
* Scrivener - Fixed that also cards from other graveyards than from the controller could be selected.
* Surgical Extraction - Fixed search library handling so search can be prevented by replacement effect.
* Booster draft swiss - Fixed a bug that the draft object was not set to the tournament object. So the current booster / card was not shown in the tournament panel.

Release 2014-10-18v2 (2014-10-20)
* Reverted chat focus handling change.
* Fixed empty mana pool handling to handle multiple effects at the same time correctly.

* Artisan of Forms - Fixed that the copy effect did the copied creature not target.
* Changed draw message if a revealed card is drawn (e.g. Courser of Kruphix in play).
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-10-18

Postby muppet » 20 Oct 2014, 12:13

If I set it to Booster draft elimination and use bots and try to start a draft I get you have an invalid deck. This is on local server. Worked fine previously

FIXED
muppet
Tester

Postby nightfire » 20 Oct 2014, 15:48

When in a match against another player I was able to target a Geist of Saint Traft my opponent controlled with Artisan of Forms when I targeted her with an Aqueous Form. I didn't realize the problem until later when I was reading Geist of Saint Traft more closely.

FIXED
nightfire

Postby LevelX » 20 Oct 2014, 19:33

muppet wrote:If I set it to Booster draft elimination and use bots and try to start a draft I get you have an invalid deck. This is on local server. Worked fine previously
Can't reproduce this problem.
What exactly do you do to produce the bug?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby nightfire » 21 Oct 2014, 02:19

When in a match against another player I targeted my Artisan of Forms with Cackling Counterpart. This triggered Artisan of Forms ability and I chose a Birds of Paradise that my opponent controlled. Thus at the time the Cackling Counterpart resolved my original Artisan of Forms was a Birds of Paradise with the heroic ability. The Cackling Counterpart should have put out a token that was a birds of paradise with the heroic ability however it put out a token that was a copy of Artisan of Forms.

FIXED
nightfire

Postby JeskaiCharmer » 21 Oct 2014, 04:16

I have to second user muppet's issues. I only downloaded the program a couple days ago and the draft seemed to work fine, at least in local mode. However, after my computer was forced by Windows to update to 8.1, I had problems trying to start a draft tournament either on my local server with bots or with humans on a public server. The error that pops up is thus: "You have an invalid deck for the selected Limited format. Deck: Must contain at least 40 cards: has 0 cards. Select a deck that is appropriate for the selected format and try again!"

Hopefully this issue is resolved easily. I'll come back to respond to additional information requests if I can.
JeskaiCharmer

Postby muppet » 21 Oct 2014, 10:10

LevelX wrote:
muppet wrote:If I set it to Booster draft elimination and use bots and try to start a draft I get you have an invalid deck. This is on local server. Worked fine previously
connect to local server. Set the type to booster draft elimination. try to start the tournament. that's it happens every time. Worked on 10/05 v 4 and pretty much all the ones before that. Still works on 10/05 v4 if I load that and do exactly the same. Not used any versions there might be between not used program for a while.
muppet
Tester

Postby LevelX » 21 Oct 2014, 10:46

muppet wrote:
LevelX wrote:
connect to local server. Set the type to booster draft elimination. try to start the tournament. that's it happens every time. Worked on 10/05 v 4 and pretty much all the ones before that. Still works on 10/05 v4 if I load that and do exactly the same. Not used any versions there might be between not used program for a while.
I'm sorry I still can't reproduce the problem.

That's what I do:
1) I've downloaded the most recent version.
2) Unpack it.
3) Start local server.
4) Start client.
5) Connect to local server.
6) Click new tournament.
7) Adjust setting like this:
StartTournament.jpg

8) Push OK button.
9) Push start button.
10) Draft starts.
11) Draft 45 cards.
12) Build the deck with at least 40 cards.
13) Submit the deck.
14) Match 1 starts.
matchStart.jpg

When exactly (at which step) do you get the error message?
Which of your tournament settings differ?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby muppet » 21 Oct 2014, 14:21

ok at step 8 mine gives error you have invalid deck for limited deck must have 40 cards u have zero. select a deck and try again.

if I do exactly the same with previous version its fine. Maybe something got corrupted i'll try redownload and unzip again having deleted folder when I get chance.
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 21 Oct 2014, 15:08

v2 the same in case you wanted to know that. Downloaded unpacked ran with your settings. Same result
muppet
Tester

Postby LevelX » 21 Oct 2014, 16:42

muppet wrote:v2 the same in case you wanted to know that. Downloaded unpacked ran with your settings. Same result
OK, thanks, I found the reason.
It's because of the new constructed tournament formats. I will fix that for the next version.

Easy workaround is to select once constructed tournament format in the start dialog and select a valid deck. After that switch back to booster draft and it should start without the error message.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby muppet » 21 Oct 2014, 17:22

ok thanks workaround is fine
muppet
Tester

Postby muppet » 21 Oct 2014, 18:47

A.I. used Scrivener to put my Kindle to my hand from my graveyard.

FIXED
muppet
Tester

Postby aaron60060 » 21 Oct 2014, 21:23

Metalworker is still banned in Commander, however it has recently been unbanned. Please fix. Thank you.

BANNED LIST UPDATED
aaron60060

Players don't get priority after spell resolves in end step

Postby cferejohn » 21 Oct 2014, 21:39

Example:

I attack w/Bloodsoaked champion.

On my end-step, opponent Bile Blights it. After the Bile Blight resolves, my turn is immediately over. I should have priority (so I can, e.g., trigger raid on the champion and get him back out of my graveyard.

Similarly, if an opponent flashes something in on end step I don't get an opportunity to kill it until his turn (this is less often relevant, but I should still have priority there).

ACTIVATE PHASE STOP IN PREFERENCES
cferejohn

Next

Return to XMage