It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:45

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-11-01

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-11-01

Postby LevelX » 01 Nov 2014, 16:06

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.3.0 dev 2014-11-01, you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Because there were some changes to the version check in the new version, you don't get the message that you try to connect to a server with another release version. The message will be shown correctly again with the next updates trying to connect to the new version.
If you try to connect with a 2014-10-18 or older version you will get:
Code: Select all
FATAL 2014-11-01 14:56:40,084 Unable to connect to server
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
   at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy8.registerClient(Unknown Source)
   at mage.remote.SessionImpl.connect(SessionImpl.java:278)

FIXES ALREADY DONE BUT NOT INSTALLED/RELEASED
- None

Released with version 1.3. dev 2014-11-01v4 (2014-11-08)
* Fixed a bug that continuous effects of cards that were put onto battlefield not under owner control could be applied using the owner as controller. Fixes #604 (I guess).
* Fixed a bug that set wrong or did not reset to owner the controllerId of card abilities (lead to cards on hand that could not be cast because of put to battlefield from opponent before (e.g. with Bribery) than bounced to own hand, but owner is not able to play the card).
* Fixed misspelled card names of MTGO Legacy Cube (~300 cards with a trailing blank) and Ben's Cube (3 typos).
* Fixed commander format check. It ignores now mana symbols of reminder text like used for Extort (fixes #553).
* Fixed Batwing Brume, Cankerous Thirst, Invert the Skies, Moonhold, Unnerving Assault, Tin Street Hooligan, Dawnglow Infusion, Firespout where the condition if a special kind of mana was paid was always false.
* Commander - Players no longer go to a sideboarding phase during commander matches.
* Changed handling of tooltip size calculation.

* Appetite for Brains - Fixed a bug that it could wrongly only exile creature cards.
* Aura Finesse - Fixed that the aura was wrongly also moved if the target creature was no valid target for the moved aura.
* Duskmantle Guildmage - Fixed possible NPE.
* Genesis Wave - Fixed that the cards were not revealed and it was not optional to put permanents to the battlefield.
* Living Death - Fixed a bug that wrongly all creatures were put onto battlefield under control of spell controller.
* Living End - Fixed a bug that wrongly all creatures were put onto battlefield under control of spell controller.
* Relic of Progenitus - Fixed cost from sacrifice to exile Relic of Progenitus.
* Squelch - Fixed that wrongly spells could be targeted.
* Suspension Field - Fixed that the enters the battlefield effect was not optional.

Released with version 1.3. dev 2014-11-01v3 (2014-11-04)
* Try to fix server problem that sometimes causes stop to update the list of open tables.
* Some minor changes to content of list of open tables.
* Fixed a bug that the real tournament start time was not saved.
* Alarm sound (6 seconds before auto pick) will now only played if no card was picked yet.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2014-11-01

Postby VitaEdo » 02 Nov 2014, 03:06

currently, Crypt Ghast isn't allowed to be played in Commander decks if your deck is mono-black. The hybrid B/W symbol on the card is reminder text, which does not officially have any bearing on the card's color identity, so Crypt Ghast should only have a color identity of mono-black.
according to official commander rules:
"EXTORT
With the release of Gatecrash, we'd like to clarify our stance on Extort by confirming that, as always, reminder text has no effect on color identity. Extort adds no colored mana symbols to a card outside of its reminder text, and therefore is legal for play in Commander decks of any color or colors (as long as the card it appears on is otherwise legal, of course). There will be no updates to the rules in the foreseeable future that affect how Extort works in Commander."

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/553
FIXED
VitaEdo

Postby superlinkx » 02 Nov 2014, 10:42

Not a new bug really, but dialog boxes for mandatory choices will often times flash in a never ending loop. Sometimes if you can make a choice fast enough and hit the ok button just in time, you can make the choice stick.

Known to affect Sylvan Caryatid, Birds of Paradise, and multiple trigger resolves, most recently with a Dryad Militant on both ends of the field.

Only tested on Linux over the last 4 versions of XMage. While the dialogs are doing this, it's virtually impossible to select anything else in XMage (which is kind of a bug too if you ask me), including telling your opponent what's happening or trying to disconnect/reconnect.

If more information is needed, I'll do my best to answer questions.

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/584
superlinkx

Postby fireshoes » 02 Nov 2014, 13:57

superlinkx wrote:Not a new bug really, but dialog boxes for mandatory choices will often times flash in a never ending loop. Sometimes if you can make a choice fast enough and hit the ok button just in time, you can make the choice stick.https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/584
Also on Linux. For me, the problem only occurs when the Xmage icon in the taskbar notification area is blinking between brown and green. It only blinks like that when you have created a match and then a player joins or leaves the table. If you right-click the icon and choose Stop Blinking, you shouldn't have any problems with the choice boxes like Sylvan Caryatid or Phyrexian Revoker.
fireshoes

Postby superlinkx » 02 Nov 2014, 15:27

Ah, thanks, I'll be sure to try that. I usually try to remember to turn off the blinking anyway, but I probably forgot the times when I had trouble.
superlinkx

Postby frasa » 02 Nov 2014, 19:04

Opponent destroyed my Experiment One casting a Shriekmaw for its evoke cost. When he later casted Violent Outburst for Living End my E1 was put under oppponent's control.

FIXED
frasa

Postby The0retico » 03 Nov 2014, 10:31

I couldn't find a better thread for a XMage Launcher problem, so here it is:
I save my decks in the xmage installation directory and after an update the directory structure is preserved, but decks are deleted.
The0retico

Postby BetaSteward » 04 Nov 2014, 03:18

The0retico wrote:I couldn't find a better thread for a XMage Launcher problem, so here it is:
I save my decks in the xmage installation directory and after an update the directory structure is preserved, but decks are deleted.
Good catch! I have uploaded a new version of the launcher that preserves any files that end in .dck

I hope you didn't lose anything good :oops:
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Postby SpringsTea » 04 Nov 2014, 05:12

frasa wrote:Opponent destroyed my Experiment One casting a Shriekmaw for its evoke cost. When he later casted Violent Outburst for Living End my E1 was put under oppponent's control.
Possibly related, was playing EDH and cast Living Death. The creatures in my opponents grave also came back under my control.

FIXED
SpringsTea

Postby The0retico » 04 Nov 2014, 11:23

Few more things concerning the Launcher:
- it should also automatically update itself:)
- the debug console seems unnecessary if you don't run the client
- update xmage button would be great:)
- it would be useful to optionally show the changelog after update
- also since Launcher is separate application, it would be great to automatically report crashes with logs

Thanks for the effort, XMage Launcher is great:).
The0retico

Postby iLex » 04 Nov 2014, 22:33

The following cards are missing:

Primal Forcemage
Dredge

I wanted to add them to my commander.

And there's also a bug. When I open a deck, make some changes and try to save it under the same name, an error occured (see screenshot). I have to save it under a new name otherwise the changes will not apply.
screenshot.jpg

Greets,
Lex

NOT REPRODUCABLE YET
iLex

Postby fireshoes » 04 Nov 2014, 22:34

During a draft of the new Legacy Cube today, pack 3 (at least that's when I noticed it) had many duplicate cards from earlier packs, even though there should only be one copy of each card in the cube. So I drafted 2 Massacre Wurms, 2 Unburial Rites, 2 Reflecting Pools, etc.

Additionally my round one opponent (wildstringdom) said he was unable to pitch a gold card to Force of Will to counter one of my spells. Also he mentioned that Shadowmage Infiltrator was able to be blocked by non-black creatures on several different occasions.

FIXED
fireshoes

Postby iLex » 04 Nov 2014, 23:09

I played a game (T2) a few minutes ago. My opponent casted a Goblin Rabblemaster from Exile by using Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver. He went to Battle Phase, gets a token and the token didn't have to attack. WHY?
Because of Goblin Rabblemaster his token usually has to attack.

He then passed his turn to me. I went to Battle Phase, get a token and both of my token had to attack (that's right, cause I got Rabblemaster). But here an error occurred too. My Goblin Rabblemaster was forced to attack by XMage. He didn't have to attack. I can choose if I want him to attack or not. But no chance. XMage forced him to attack.

I added a screenshot.
screenshot2.jpg

Greets,

Lex

FIXED (at least I hope so)
iLex

Postby iLex » 05 Nov 2014, 02:40

Aaaand another bug. Sorry, guys.

My opponent played Crystalline Nautilus. Next turn I play Sign in Blood with target: Nautilus.
He has to sacrifice it (cause of the effect) and though he will lose 3 life cause to sacrifice a creature means that it dies.

The bug: He didn't lose 3 life. It doesn't matter whether it died from Sign in Blood or not. It only has to day THE TURN it was targeted by Sign in Blood.

BUG DESCRIPTION SEEMS WRONG
iLex

Postby LevelX » 05 Nov 2014, 14:08

iLex wrote:Aaaand another bug. Sorry, guys.

My opponent played Crystalline Nautilus. Next turn I play Sign in Blood with target: Nautilus.
He has to sacrifice it (cause of the effect) and though he will lose 3 life cause to sacrifice a creature means that it dies.

The bug: He didn't lose 3 life. It doesn't matter whether it died from Sign in Blood or not. It only has to day THE TURN it was targeted by Sign in Blood.
Seems like you are talking about another card than "Sign in Blood" which only targets a player.
Maybe you can still post the correct name of the involved card, so I can ceck it?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to XMage