It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:40

Text Size

XMage Launcher 0.2.0 released

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

XMage Launcher 0.2.0 released

Postby BetaSteward » 06 Nov 2014, 19:00

A new version of the Launcher has been released. It can be found here: http://xmage.info/

This version introduces an auto update feature that will update the Launcher whenever a new version is released. Thanks The0retico for the suggestion.

It also includes a fix for OS X users who needed to move the java install files. I haven't been able to fully test this so I would appreciate it if someone with OS X could confirm that the fix works. Thanks to Ideocl4st and adlally for helping to discover the cause.

I have a few more features that The0retico suggested that will be coming soon.

Please report any bugs or additional feature requests in this thread.

Regards,

BetaSteward
BetaSteward
DEVELOPER

Re: XMage Launcher 0.2.0 released

Postby Ideocl4st » 07 Nov 2014, 04:12

It didn't work properly at first but now it's perfectly fine. I guess my computer was acting a bit strange :lol:

Thank you for making it really easy to start xMage for us Mac users. It was such a hassle to change permission of startClient (dot) command file every time I update the client.
Ideocl4st

Postby LevelX » 08 Nov 2014, 09:58

1) How about to read and show the latest changes from github wiki page.

2) It should be possible to add manually another/additional URL for check if new version is available so the launcher is not dependent from one URL. Best it's a changeable list of URLs. And the launcher checks the next URL if one is not available. Because sometimes servers (URLs) are not available for a lot of reasons.

3) I would like a checkbox or something to set the display of the log windows to on/off. Because as long as no problems arise the additional log windows are not needed.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 25 Nov 2014, 22:19

- It would be helpful to have an uninstall option for the launcher and all programms it installed.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage