It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:17

Text Size

Any Decks for download?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Any Decks for download?

Postby Reddgamming » 27 Jan 2015, 05:10

Hello all was just wondering if there's somewhere online that I can download decks from. I'm looking basically for any constructed set decks. Any help would be useful! thanks!
Reddgamming

Re: Any Decks for download?

Postby LevelX » 27 Jan 2015, 09:41

There is a folder in the client with example decks:
...\Mage-Client\release\sample-decks\
True, no good source for current standard decks.

Or you can import any deck (e.g. from Wizards site) of .txt or .dec format using the Import of the deck editor.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby fireshoes » 30 Jan 2015, 02:12

I get many of my decks from starcitygames.com or tcgplayer.com. On starcity, in the right-hand column, there is a section of decklists (standard, modern, and legacy). If you click on a deck, there is a gold O (like the Magic Online logo). If you click it, you can download the decklist as a txt file.

On tcgplayer, click into the decks/articles section. If you click a decklist, at the bottom right under "Spells by Color", is says Download/Share. Click MTGO/Apprentice to save the deck as a txt file. If you see a decklist in an article on tcgplayer, at the bottom of the decklist, click "Click for full deck stats and notes." That will take you to the page where you can download it with the MTGO/Apprentice link.

Wizards also has decklists on the (mtgo page)[http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/products/magiconline/decklists]. Click the little down arrow with a line under it that is to the right of the player's name.

mtggoldfish.com has decklists as well. Click decks, then metagame. On the left, click Download. Before importing on xmage, open the text file and type Sideboard: between the main deck and sideboard. Otherwise you wind up with 75 cards in the main.

mtgtop8.com has top 8 decklists from mtgo dailies and major events. The only download link they have is for magic workstation, and that doesn't work for xmage. However you can pretty easily highlight the cards from the deck, right-click to copy, and then make a new text file and paste the deck information there. Just take out the labels like LANDS, CREATURES, etc.
fireshoes

Postby emerald000 » 30 Jan 2015, 03:35

fireshoes wrote:mtgtop8.com has top 8 decklists from mtgo dailies and major events. The only download link they have is for magic workstation, and that doesn't work for xmage. However you can pretty easily highlight the cards from the deck, right-click to copy, and then make a new text file and paste the deck information there. Just take out the labels like LANDS, CREATURES, etc.
.mwDeck should work with xMage. Just import them normally in the deck editor.
emerald000

Postby fireshoes » 02 Feb 2015, 17:36

That does work. Thanks.

I notice that some of their set codes don't get interpreted during the import, causing multiple versions of the same card to be imported. For example, after importing Jim Davis's Sultai Delver decklist from SCG Indy, their file has 4 [TE] Wasteland, and the deck import put in 2 Tempest Wastelands and 2 Judge Promo Wastelands. Is there a way where if the set code isn't recognized that the same version of the card is used for all copies being imported?
fireshoes

Postby LevelX » 02 Feb 2015, 18:11

fireshoes wrote:That does work. Thanks.

I notice that some of their set codes don't get interpreted during the import, causing multiple versions of the same card to be imported. For example, after importing Jim Davis's Sultai Delver decklist from SCG Indy, their file has 4 [TE] Wasteland, and the deck import put in 2 Tempest Wastelands and 2 Judge Promo Wastelands. Is there a way where if the set code isn't recognized that the same version of the card is used for all copies being imported?
Sure, by changing the import class.
The one used shall be selected by random, or use always the newest available set?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby fireshoes » 02 Feb 2015, 19:14

I think it generally uses the newest available set when importing, right?
fireshoes

Postby emerald000 » 03 Feb 2015, 05:25

LevelX wrote:The one used shall be selected by random, or use always the newest available set?
While we are on the subject, it would be great if the importer would not use the Vintage Masters images or the promo ones by default. Most of those images are extremely weird (VMA have the MTGO text/highlight and promos often have weird foiling). I get annoyed to always swap out Force of Will when I import a blue legacy deck.

I guess the best criteria would be to use the most recent non-reprint version (if it exists).
emerald000

Postby fireshoes » 03 Feb 2015, 07:01

And the white bordered cards, ew!
fireshoes

Return to XMage