It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 11:40

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2015-02-07

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports 1.3.0 dev 2015-02-07

Postby fireshoes » 23 Feb 2015, 16:04

Nikoals wrote:Hi.

I'm on Linux Ubuntu 14.10.

It seems Chalice of th Void doesn't work. I get the prompt to specify how many counter I want but I didn't get any no matter the number I specify was.
There's been a problem with the pop-up menu selection on Linux. On my computer, I noticed if the xmage icon was blinking brown & green in the system tray, I had the issue. If it wasn't blinking, it worked fine. The icon starts blinking when someone joins or leaves the table, or if you have a new pack in draft. You can right-click the icon to stop the blinking.
fireshoes

Postby Charmcaster » 23 Feb 2015, 16:46

Contaminated Bond causes the life loss from the caster of the enchantment instead of the creature's owner.

LevelX: Fixed beyond v6

Praetor's Grasp does not work, it casts and does nothing.

The Abyss appears and functions as Recall in the editor and in game.

Disenchant for the S00 set appears as Hand of Death in the editor and in game (it still casts as Disenchant).

LevelX: Fixed beyond v6 or by deleting the images and redownload

Venerable Monk for the S00 set appears and functions as Giant Octopus in the editor and in game.

LevelX: Fixed beyond v6 or by deleting the images and redownload

Silence and Orim's Chant effects do not work when cast from an imprinted Isochron Scepter.

Stoneforge Mystic tap ability lets you put any kind of artifact onto the battlefield.

Last edited by Charmcaster on 23 Feb 2015, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Charmcaster

Postby aging-goblin » 23 Feb 2015, 21:06

When I log in (every time) I am notified that new cards are available. When I try to download them, I get the following (excerpt from mageclient.log): https://bpaste.net/show/24c0ad551980

I also have a problem with certain other cards having the wrong art.

e.g. Sultai Emissary has the art for Sultai Runemark and beta edition Lightning Bolt has the art for Keldon Warlord.
aging-goblin

Postby aging-goblin » 23 Feb 2015, 21:12

fireshoes wrote:

It seems Chalice of th Void doesn't work. I get the prompt to specify how many counter I want but I didn't get any no matter the number I specify was.
There's been a problem with the pop-up menu selection on Linux. On my computer, I noticed if the xmage icon was blinking brown & green in the system tray, I had the issue. If it wasn't blinking, it worked fine. The icon starts blinking when someone joins or leaves the table, or if you have a new pack in draft. You can right-click the icon to stop the blinking.
Confirmed on Arch Linux using DWM. All spells with X in casting cost are X=0 when the tray icon is blinking.
It would be nice to be able to disable blinking, or disable the icon entirely.
aging-goblin

Postby fireshoes » 24 Feb 2015, 04:23

Charmcaster wrote:Disenchant for the S00 set appears as Hand of Death in the editor and in game (it still casts as Disenchant).

Venerable Monk for the S00 set appears and functions as Giant Octopus in the editor and in game.
I noticed previously that magiccards.info is missing a lot of the S00 art. I was able to find images at http://mtgimage.com/setname/starter%202000/
I opened the S00 folder in the Images folder and looked for mismatched art, and then manually downloaded the correct images.

aging-goblin wrote:When I log in (every time) I am notified that new cards are available. When I try to download them, I get the following (excerpt from mageclient.log): https://bpaste.net/show/24c0ad551980

I also have a problem with certain other cards having the wrong art.

e.g. Sultai Emissary has the art for Sultai Runemark and beta edition Lightning Bolt has the art for Keldon Warlord.
Sultai Emissary initially had the wrong card number, so when the art for FRF was downloaded, it grabbed the wrong art. Similarly Alpha and Beta sets had several wrong card numbers. They were corrected awhile ago, so all you need to do is delete the FRF, LEA, and LEB folders in your images folder. When you reconnect to the server, click Images to download the art again and it should all be corrected.
fireshoes

Postby aging-goblin » 24 Feb 2015, 05:22

Deleting FRF and LEB fixed Sultai Emissary and Lightning Bolt, but the 34 cards from the error log above still fail to load (that would be Sandsteppe Mastodon from FRF, Impulse from VIS, and 32 cards from S00).
aging-goblin

Postby fireshoes » 24 Feb 2015, 05:56

The S00 images can be downloaded from the link in my reply above to Charmcaster. Maybe LevelX can automate the download for us, but you can do it manually also. Just save the new card image over the old image file in the S00 folder.

I also added the correct card numbers for Sandsteppe Mastodon and Impulse. This correction will be available with the next update of the xmage software.
fireshoes

Postby TheButton » 24 Feb 2015, 10:42

Spells cast using Yawgmoth's Will don't properly add to the storm count.

LevelX: Can't reproduce the problem
TheButton

Postby SonOfPhoenix » 24 Feb 2015, 10:46

I had a strange bug. The client didn't accept mouse clicks anymore.

I was in a match and had to put the cards back to the bottom of my library after activating a Goblin Charbelcher. My opponent scooped, I guess, while I clicked the cards one for one. Maybe the window with the revealed cards still had focus but wasn't visible anymore.
SonOfPhoenix

Postby Nikoals » 24 Feb 2015, 11:04

fireshoes wrote:

It seems Chalice of the void doesn't work. I get the prompt to specify how many counter I want but I didn't get any no matter the number I specify was.
Confirmed on Arch Linux using DWM. All spells with X in casting cost are X=0 when the tray icon is blinking.
It would be nice to be able to disable blinking, or disable the icon entirely.
Thanks to both of you for your reply. I can't remember if the tray icon was blinking but I'll check that next time.

I had a similar behavior with Lotus Petal, I was unable to select the color I wanted. Maybe that's a general problem between the blinking tray icon and pop-ups?
Nikoals

Postby SonOfPhoenix » 24 Feb 2015, 13:02

Vengeful Pharaoh doesn't work properly. It triggers too often when several creatures deal combat damage and the triggers still work when he already left the graveyard.

SonOfPhoenix

Postby LevelX » 25 Feb 2015, 00:37

fireshoes wrote:The S00 images can be downloaded from the link in my reply above to Charmcaster. Maybe LevelX can automate the download for us, but you can do it manually also. Just save the new card image over the old image file in the S00 folder.
I could download the S00 images from http://mtgimage.com with XMage image download without any problems.
It does not work for you?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby aging-goblin » 25 Feb 2015, 05:53

I can now download all images with no problem. Thanks very much.

Bug report: When Brain Maggot dies, it does not give back the card it exiled from controller's opponent's hand.

LevelX: Fixed beyond v7

Feature request: It is really necessary to be able to see the mana in your mana pool and choose which mana to use for which spells. Without this, e.g. use of signets is very awkward.

Use right mouse button menu on the battlefield to switch to manually mana assignment
aging-goblin

Postby fireshoes » 25 Feb 2015, 07:08

LevelX wrote:
fireshoes wrote:The S00 images can be downloaded from the link in my reply above to Charmcaster. Maybe LevelX can automate the download for us, but you can do it manually also. Just save the new card image over the old image file in the S00 folder.
I could download the S00 images from http://mtgimage.com with XMage image download without any problems.
It does not work for you?
It was a couple months ago when I did my manual download. I suppose it's possible that the incorrect images were downloaded from MagicCards.info, so then mtgimage didn't download them.

Trying it now, after deleting my S00 folder, I had 56 images missing. Downloading from MagicCards left 32 I think. Then choosing the tab for mtgimage and clicking download didn't do anything. I had to close that menu, then click Images and select mtgimage for it to download the remaining images. So if a person downloads from one source, then choosing another source immediately afterwards doesn't seem to work.

mtgimage did have all of the images to download, but I did notice the basic land art images that downloaded were corrupted. They had horizontal rainbow stripes across the lower 80% of the card. The images on the website seem fine though, so not sure what happened there.

Also some of the images from MagicCards.info download are incorrect, so maybe we can disable them for the S00 download somehow.
fireshoes

Postby fireshoes » 25 Feb 2015, 07:21

aging-goblin wrote:Bug report: When Brain Maggot dies, it does not give back the card it exiled from controller's opponent's hand.

Feature request: It is really necessary to be able to see the mana in your mana pool and choose which mana to use for which spells. Without this, e.g. use of signets is very awkward.
The Brain Maggot fix has been completed and will be in effect with the next software update.

You can see what mana is in your pool in the left-hand box that has your life total, etc. There is one of each mana symbol there with a number to the right showing how much is floating. Xmage defaults to automatically spending mana in your pool to cast spells and activate abilities, but if you right-click on an empty spot on the battlefield, you can uncheck that option, then click the mana symbols on the left to spend the mana. If your mana symbols are missing, click Symbols in the top right corner to download them.
fireshoes

PreviousNext

Return to XMage