It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:58

Text Size

RNG/Shuffler

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: RNG/Shuffler

Postby Laqutis » 28 Feb 2015, 01:46

BiasedDice wrote:Use visual shuffling with USB gloves. Then ppl can shuffle with their own hands and see the cards being shuffled in 3D. Then nobody will be complaining about bad shuffling. No RNG at all, take in account paper's mass, density, texture and thickness, hardness, etc.

I dropped octgn after experienced too much order and predictable draws. Drawing the same card in two turns, first hand having two or three copies of the same cards, and that happening in many games one after the other.
visual shuffling ..?
usb gloves .......?
shuffle with there own hands .....? in a computer program
wtf are you even talking about ?

and just for the now hilarious record
"cards" of ANY mass (lol), density, texture, thickness, hardness, and especially ETC (literally anything you wanna add), will still be shuffled by...;

(hope if you have been reading along you have guessed it again )

| Open
taking the 60 card deck in ANY 1 of {60!/(60-60)!=8.32098711x10^81} possible orders; and reordering into ANY 1 of the 8.32098711x10^81 orders
Laqutis

Postby BiasedDice » 28 Feb 2015, 02:47

I'm talking about VIRTUAL REALITY. Do not use any shuffling algorithm! Don't use RNG! Use motion sensing and your own hands to shuffle cards using virtual reality! The perfect shuffling

Don't let the computer shuffle for you, use virtual reality and your own hands with virtual cards, it's perfect.

Ppl keep complaining about bad luck, but CONSISTENT bad luck, mana flood or screw in half or more of all games played. In Octgn I noticed too much order and in cockatrice, too much mana screw and mana flood. MWS too suffers being mana screwed and mana flooded just too frequently. I didn't have time to notice the shuffling algorithm in xmage, there is just too much lag and connections failures to play at all.
BiasedDice

Postby Laqutis » 28 Feb 2015, 12:14

so if I TRY to follow you, wtf you are saying is that you want to play cards in The Matrix :lol:

unfortunately for you, even when Smith and Neo play cards (in the real world or the machine world), they shuffle by ....

taking the 60 card deck in ANY 1 of {60!/(60-60)!=8.32098711x10^81} possible orders; and reordering into ANY 1 of the 8.32098711x10^81 orders 8)
Laqutis

Postby BiasedDice » 28 Feb 2015, 14:07

BiasedDice

Postby Laqutis » 28 Feb 2015, 17:21

magical virtual hands will "shuffle" by ....... :lol:

taking the 60 card deck in ANY 1 of {60!/(60-60)!=8.32098711x10^81} possible orders; and reordering into ANY 1 of the 8.32098711x10^81 orders 8)

kinda hard to argue with never changing high school algebra ............... [-X

Laqutis

Postby BiasedDice » 28 Feb 2015, 22:57

Sort the deck alphabetically, then line up all cards on the screen. Then make a line of cards move super fast in any one direction on the screen. You have to click the cards, whenever you click one, it's placed on a pile. When you are finished, the deck is shuffled by hand. Repeat, now the second time you have no idea of the initial sorting.

Sort the deck alphabetically. Then show a pile of cards on a virtual table. Pick up the pile with virtual hands and toss them up with simulated strong winds. All cards are blank, you don't know which card is which. Randomly click the cards after all have fell and you have a randomly sorted pile.

Sort the deck alphabetically from Z to A. Number the cards. Build a virtual castle of cards. Toss a ball and destroy the castle. Use physics to destroy the castle. Rebuild the castle. Destroy again. Click the cards to put on a pile. You have no idea of the order.

BiasedDice

Postby Laqutis » 01 Mar 2015, 13:18

That's good your starting to get it.... but what you have described is an incomplete, inefficient and just wrong method of what a FISHER-YATES shuffle is ALREADY doing for you.

Laqutis

Postby woogerboy21 » 05 Mar 2015, 00:11

BiasedDice wrote:In Octgn I noticed too much order and in cockatrice, too much mana screw and mana flood. MWS too suffers being mana screwed and mana flooded just too frequently.
Reading this makes me believe even more that your shuffling methods IRL are flawed. From my experiences coming from playing back in the early days of magic and picking it back up in M10 and the more modern sets the calculation for mana base has changed and once I learned how to properly calculate my manabase I see much more consistent play in either electronic games such as cockatrice or mtgo and IRL.

edit:
the other thing to point out is if your running on just your memory you may want to consider actually documenting win/loss/screws of games both on paper and electronically as your memory is a terrible thing to rely on when it comes to this sort of thing. your "remember" the bad times more often than the good times in most cases.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Previous

Return to XMage