It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:45

Text Size

Solo Play?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Solo Play?

Postby mystyc » 12 Feb 2015, 18:26

I havent been able to find anyway to test a deck on your own. I tried creating a room using draftbot as an opponent but it said it was unable to add him to table. Am I missing something?
mystyc

Re: Solo Play?

Postby LevelX » 12 Feb 2015, 19:35

You have to start the XMage server locally. Then connect to the local server.
On the local server you can select the AI player.

But don't expect too much. It plays very bad and is also buggy.
It can handle a lot of cards not very well.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Solo Play?

Postby blakalicious » 13 Feb 2015, 12:04

Here's what I have found helpful, though slow.

Open two instances of the client on your computer with different usernames. You can then load your test deck into one, and the deck you wish to test against in the other. You can manually play yourself. Sure, it isn't the best solution, but it is cheaper than investing in all the cards to make every instance of a Heroic or Whip deck out there.

As LevelX said, the AI is buggy. I'm glad it is there, but it doesn't handle the Azorius Heroic deck well at all. I've played it six times and had it get hung up, never playing mana and discarding cards. Weird.

Good luck in your deck testing quest! Gotta shut down those netdeckers! I'm tired of just playing mindless drone deck pilots. I hope this is able to help you come up with original, fun, new ideas. Thankfully XMage exists so that it is now cheaper to play test ideas before dropping coin on cards. Hope it helps!
blakalicious

Return to XMage