It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:42

Text Size

Two problems during lauching phase

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Two problems during lauching phase

Postby Naraphel666 » 20 Apr 2015, 15:02

Hi there,

I'm french so I hope you'll excuse me if I make some mistakes in my sentences. I discovered X mage recently because I was searching a programm more realistic for Magic. Cockatrice and MWS are good but ugly and it's easy for somoen to cheat because there is no automatization of the game.

So I installed the last version of the programm but two problems occured.

First, the launcher doesn't want to download all of the card, there is approximatively 900 cards which are missing.

Then I doesn't understand how to play with the AI. When I try to launch the game, it crash. How do I play with the computer step by step please ?

Oh and one more thing, there is several pre-construct deck, so I tried to play with the 7th edition (white) and the programm told me that the card are not there and I can't play. But why does the programm propose to play with a deck if this deck doesn't exist ?

Thank you for reading this, I hope you will answer and thank again !
Naraphel666

Re: Two problems during lauching phase

Postby LevelX » 20 Apr 2015, 15:51

Naraphel666 wrote:First, the launcher doesn't want to download all of the card, there is approximatively 900 cards which are missing.
The client downloads the card images. Some are currently only available on the second source (Gatherer), some are not available by automatic download at all now. But it should be much less cards (about 15-20 I guess). And if you slect another language than english in preferences much more cards should be missing.

Naraphel666 wrote:Then I doesn't understand how to play with the AI. When I try to launch the game, it crash. How do I play with the computer step by step please ?
Start in the launcher the server. You have to wait some time depending on your system (about 25-30 seconds until the server is ready). First time the server starts after download a bit longer, because he creates his card database. In the server console you can see a message if the server is ready. Somethin like this "Started MAGE server - listening on 0.0.0.0:17171". Now you can connect to your local server with your client by selecting localserver as host (you can use the Find button in the connection dialog to fill in).

Naraphel666 wrote:Oh and one more thing, there is several pre-construct deck, so I tried to play with the 7th edition (white) and the programm told me that the card are not there and I can't play. But why does the programm propose to play with a deck if this deck doesn't exist ?
You talk about the "Blades of Victory" deck. All cards are implemented. Sounds more like your client databse is not ok/complete.
The db will be updated as you connect to a server (local or public in the internet). So maybe try again to open this deck after you connected successful to a server with the client.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Naraphel666 » 21 Apr 2015, 09:20

Okay, so if a card doesn't download correctly how can I add it manually ?

For the deck of the seventh edition that tolds me that the cards are in the programm but not in the good edition. I imagine that (for example) Pacifism is here but not in the 7th edition so the deck is not good. How can I solve this ? Have I to add the cards manually ? (I have all the cards on my computer).
Naraphel666

Postby LevelX » 21 Apr 2015, 09:45

Naraphel666 wrote:Okay, so if a card doesn't download correctly how can I add it manually ?
Like Token pictures you can add the images to the [Set].zip file manually to see the images in Xmage.
Look here: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=16367

Naraphel666 wrote:For the deck of the seventh edition that tolds me that the cards are in the programm but not in the good edition. I imagine that (for example) Pacifism is here but not in the 7th edition so the deck is not good. How can I solve this ? Have I to add the cards manually ? (I have all the cards on my computer).
If we add a card we add it for all editions. So Pacifism is included in all editions it ever was also for Xmage.

So it's not clear to me when you get the error about the missing card?
a) You open the deck in editor.
b) You open the deck to start a game against AI, (but then you have to be connected to a server).

And read this if not already done: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=13632
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 21 Apr 2015, 21:42

I see here two possible reasons for the problem.
1) You use the launcher in a directory where the user does not have full access to write / edit files.
2) You use the launcher in a directory that has some characters in the path (like blanks) that may cause problems.

But I guess 1) is more likely.

Try to move the launcher to another directory (maybe a directory xmage in the home directory of the user) and try again to install xmage with the launcher.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 22 Apr 2015, 18:37

I updated the Launcher to version 0.33 it should automatically update the old launcher on start.
Please test if this solves your problems.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage