It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:05

Text Size

Hanging/Error while trying to connect to woogerworks

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Hanging/Error while trying to connect to woogerworks

Postby Asgardian » 11 May 2015, 04:43

xmage.de just hangs like woogerworks for me and gets a random error in the output screen. I have set xmage to roll back to a previous version and it is downloading as I type this. I'm off the bed for the night and will test this in the morning and I will post the results. I did not get a chance to check connectivity on another server today as I had planned - will try again tomorrow, but since I seem to have total connectivity with everything else internet related, I'm not confident this will solve the issue.

I tried to connect again to xmageinfo1 before the download, and no joy.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to date trying to help me with this issue. I will keep you posted with my progress.
Asgardian

Postby Asgardian » 11 May 2015, 14:36

OK - so rolling back to xmage version 14v7 (and launcher 3.1) seems to have corrected this issue. I am able to connect to all servers listed again including woogerworks. I have not tested game playing yet as I need to get to work, but this is promising.

I'm not sure what the different with me, so I will list a couple of things off the top of my head that MAY be different compared to the 'average' user:

I am in Canada - and have all my computers set this way (so Canadian spelling for example which has effected other xmage functions before like in game text)

I run a VM machine in the background of my Win 8.1 machine that eats up some RAM and uses some internet resources (but not on my separate Linux machine which had the same behavior.)

Other than that, I can't think of anything that would effect xmage. I will monitor this thread for any updates before rolling forward to newer versions. Thank you again everyone for your help.

S.
Asgardian

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.0

Postby Firecat » 15 May 2015, 07:06

I'm having issues connecting tonight. I just started using the client yesterday and it was working fine. First I couldn't get it to start up, not it won't connect to woogerworks. When I hit connect, it just sits there saying "connecting" and has continued to do so for the last half hour or so. Anyone else getting this?
Attachments
XmageError4.png
XmageError3.png
XmageError2.png
XmageError1.png
Firecat

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.0

Postby LevelX » 15 May 2015, 08:42

Firecat wrote:I'm having issues connecting tonight. I just started using the client yesterday and it was working fine. First I couldn't get it to start up, not it won't connect to woogerworks. When I hit connect, it just sits there saying "connecting" and has continued to do so for the last half hour or so. Anyone else getting this?
Try connecting to xmage.de. Probably this is a problem of the woogerworks xmage server.

And better not check autoconnect on connect dialog because in case of server you connect to is in a bad condition you're stuck to this server on every start of xmage.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby livingguildpact » 15 May 2015, 13:35

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a heads up I fixed this issue by deleting the mage folder in regedit :) Hope that works for you too!
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
livingguildpact

Postby smaleymark » 07 Jun 2015, 14:21

Please, i'm still having the same problem on my PC (Windowns 7 Ultimate). i can't connect.
smaleymark

Postby LevelX » 07 Jun 2015, 14:24

smaleymark wrote:Please, i'm still having the same problem on my PC (Windowns 7 Ultimate). i can't connect.
Woogerworks is currently working.
So your problem must be located in another area.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby smaleymark » 07 Jun 2015, 17:15

LevelX wrote:
smaleymark wrote:Please, i'm still having the same problem on my PC (Windowns 7 Ultimate). i can't connect.
Woogerworks is currently working.
So your problem must be located in another area.
But i connect in outhers computers and i already connected last week. Is there any web configuration or firewal that give me the chance of connect?
smaleymark

Previous

Return to XMage