It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:48

Text Size

Backlist function vs leaver/unsportsmanlike players

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Backlist function vs leaver/unsportsmanlike players

Postby tayfun369 » 17 May 2015, 11:22

Since there is no cost to join drafts and no penalty for leaving games, it is a real pain in the ass to draft.

There are people joining drafts with a "no leaver" tag just to dodge the second the draft started and ruining it for 7 other players.

A possible solution would be to allow the blacklisting of people from your tournaments. Another option would be to give a penalty (e.g. 3 days no tournaments) for leaving the tournament while still in the draft and before round 1 is finished.

I understand that you can dodge the penalty or the blacklisting by making a new account but atleast the leaver has to take some time and work for the trolling.

EDIT: Here is another reason why we need a blacklist:

I just started a modern tournament with izzet twin and in match 1, game 1 I already get fucked by a player I would love to blacklist.

He wants me to play the combo out while he has no answer for it and instead he's just going to play another game. While 7 other players wait for him. And after I left the tournament because I don't want to play the combo out in 2-3 games he just left it too....

I added a screenshot for proof.
Attachments
blacklistpls.jpg
tayfun369

Re: Backlist function vs leaver/unsportsmanlike players

Postby tayfun369 » 25 May 2015, 10:05

Any feedback/reply on this topic would be appreciated.
tayfun369

Re: Backlist function vs leaver/unsportsmanlike players

Postby LevelX » 25 May 2015, 11:36

I guess the effect without having advanced user profiles is to low so it's not worth the efford.

Once we have profiles to sign on to the server that hold a lot of data it's another thing.
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/478
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage