It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:41

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.1

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.1

Postby WrinKtontaf » 30 Jun 2015, 02:07

Playing against the AI. Trying to play Impact Tremors after a mountain causes an error to rollback.

Hopefully the screenshot of the game state before the error shows up, it was "too spammy for a new user" to include it inline for some reason... oh I guess not. I have four mountains in play, two Flamerush Riders, Mountain and Impact Tremors in hand. AI opponent has five Plains, Gold Forged Sentinel and Witches' Eye in play. AI's life 6, my life 20.

It wouldn't let me play the Impact Tremors before the mountain either.

The error message is too spammy as well to post... that seems pointless. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Edit: Continued play, won two turns later, but it still wouldn't let me play Impact Tremors on either of the next two turns.

Can I also please suggest if you want a bug reporting thread, please let new users post the error messages... they're too spammy whatever that means. I'm really loving this program and would love to help make is as good as I can, but if I can't post error messages it seems a little pointless.
WrinKtontaf

Postby WrinKtontaf » 30 Jun 2015, 02:53

Game against a human opponent. I had several creatures out, amongst them a Foundry Street Denizen. Opponent blocked and killed the Denizen, but next turn when I tried to play a creature, the game tried to trigger the +1/+0 ability of the Denizen even though he was no longer in play. It didn't matter what creature I tried to play, it still tried to trigger the Denizen's ability.

It became a no win situation for me in a game that it looked like I would have won because it wouldn't let me play any creatures and all I had in hand to play were creatures.

We had to end the game on a draw because after rolling back the turn and skipping a turn, the game still thought the Denizen was in play.
WrinKtontaf

Postby LoneFox » 30 Jun 2015, 08:51

PalladiaMors wrote:Another small problem: I activated a fetch land, probably a Wooded Foothills, and instead of the library popup I got the graphic glitch shown in the screenshot below. The game subsequently froze up, and I was forced to disconnect.

<snip image>

LevelX: That is the window showing the library cards, but with a too big vertical size. I've seen another report about that problem some weeks ago in a german forum. But it was not reproducable. You can try to resize by clicking on the edge of the window so it disappears and is redrawn if you click on a card on the battlefield. Don't know if that works. And report if you can reproduce this problem.
This has happened to me a few times as well. Resizing it does not work. If you just close the client normally, the server will kick you out of the game/tournament you were playing, a misfeature that probably should be changed. Killing the client with xkill (I guess End Process from Task Manager works on Windows) and then reconnecting does fix it.
LoneFox
Programmer

Postby Nidhoegger » 30 Jun 2015, 11:46

Linux Version of XMage wont let you announce value for X.

Everytime I cast a spell that needs X mana, the Window opens where I can enter value for X. Its irrelevant what I type here, it always announces 0 for X.

System Data:
XMage Launcher 0.3.4
Java Version (via Launcher): 1.7.0_75
XMage Version: 1.4.1v3 (2015-06-20)

Greetings.
LevelX: Maybe a good thing to start with the xmage developing. It's an known problem that is somehow caused by the tray icon handling under linux. If it's not solvable I would tend to deactivate the tray icon for linux systems. But maybe you find a way to get it to work without the sideeffects to the windows asking for values.
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/584
Nidhoegger

Postby PalladiaMors » 30 Jun 2015, 21:30

There's a minor graphics problem with Shorecrasher Elemental. When you use its first ability, while the ability itself works perfectly, it still shows the picture as if the card was face-up on the table, instead of showing the back of the card as morphed cards usually do. I believe this can be potentially a bit confusing.
PalladiaMors

Postby GreenLuigi2222 » 01 Jul 2015, 01:53

I just downloaded the newest version of XMage through the zip file and I am having a problem with connecting to the server. It connects and shows other users and games, but does not so me. I cant join or start games either. I don't know what is wrong here.
GreenLuigi2222

Postby Lysk » 01 Jul 2015, 08:23

Dream Halls works wrong in a few ways:
Colorless Spells can be cast by dropping another colorless CARD, which makes eldrazi/karn/ugin/ high cmc artifacts EXTREMELY abusable by dropping a land. That's where it glitches in the "too powerful" direction, but it also does in the "too weak" direction. It only affects hand cards atm, it should hovewer provide the alternative cost option for any zone instead. Graveyard (flashback) and Command zone for example do not work right now.

LevelX: Fixed the shared color bug beyond v3.
Using Dream Hall to use Flashback or e.g. Madness is not allowed because you pay flashback and madness costs and not their mana costs. I tested it with Future Sight what correctly worked.

Okay, I looked that alternative cost part up, you're right. Sadly ^^

<Edit> I put the rest in a new reply.
Last edited by Lysk on 02 Jul 2015, 17:53, edited 4 times in total.
Lysk

Postby Nidhoegger » 01 Jul 2015, 08:36

Bug with the Nighthowler Card. Card does sometimes not get a creature after Bestow.

Steps:

- Cast any creature
- Cast Nightowler using Bestow on that creature
- Make sure creature is tapped
- Opponent uses any spell that kills creature which is bestowed by nighthowler
- Result: Nighthowler is still on the field, but is no creature (no Power/Toughness)
- Expected: Nighthowler gets on field as a creature

Important: This happens ONLY if the creature is killed with a spell when its TAPPED!

LevelX: Can't reproduce the problem this way not in test game and also not with an automated test. Created the test that creates the situation in the following file (last one).
https://github.com/magefree/mage/blob/master/Mage.Tests/src/test/java/org/mage/test/cards/abilities/keywords/BestowTest.java
Nidhoegger

Postby AwxAngel » 01 Jul 2015, 09:28

I cast and activated a Mindslaver and targeted my opponent. A pop-up said I had control and could see their hand. I switched view to their hand, but when I passed priority into the main phase, the opponent was tapping its mana to cast its spells and I was unable to tap any lands or cast any spells from their hand.

At the end of the turn a pop-up said control had been returned and there was a minor visual glitch where my lands untapped, tapped then untapped again when I hit main phase.
AwxAngel

Postby horrible » 02 Jul 2015, 18:21

Divine Reckoning doesn't allow a player to select one of their creatures with protection from white; specifically, a buddy of mine plays Animar, Soul of Elements and can't choose it to not be destroyed after I cast Divine Reckoning.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.1v3

Delaying Shield only removes one counter during upkeep when it should remove all

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.1v3
horrible

Postby Lysk » 02 Jul 2015, 19:46

There also seems to be a bug concerning Everflowing Chalice, where it enters with 9 counters even though it was kicked less than 9 times. I can't really determine the exacty steps necessary to reproduce that case.

LevelX: Fixed with 1.4.1v3

Scroll Rack exiles face down (so far that's correct), but when the cards are to be put on top of one's library in any order they are still face down to the controlling player, though he or she should be able to see them.
Lysk

Postby Bofu » 02 Jul 2015, 20:19

Found a bug in commander where an opponent stole my Kozilek, I killed it... It would shuffle his library and stay in my graveyard.
Bofu

Postby howhow » 03 Jul 2015, 17:35

Norin the Wary wont return to the battlefield if its put into the command zone when its ability resolved.(it should return to play,it DOES NOT say return into the battlefield "from exile")

LevelX: FIxed beyond 1.4.1v3
howhow

Postby Laqutis » 03 Jul 2015, 19:44

Had a rollback problem in a edh commander game when I activated Karn Liberated 's ultimate to restart the game here is the log spoiled below

| Open
Game exception occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException
Server version: 1.4.1v3
mage.game.GameCommanderImpl.checkStateBasedActions(GameCommanderImpl.java:191)
mage.game.GameImpl.checkStateAndTriggered(GameImpl.java:1410)
mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:1168)
mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:87)
mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:206)
mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:115)
mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:144)
mage.game.GameImpl.playTurn(GameImpl.java:754)
mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:666)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:633)
mage.sets.newphyrexia.KarnLiberatedEffect.apply(KarnLiberated.java:159)
mage.abilities.AbilityImpl.resolve(AbilityImpl.java:202)
mage.game.stack.StackAbility.resolve(StackAbility.java:103)
mage.game.GameImpl.resolve(GameImpl.java:1236)
mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:1198)
mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:87)
mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:206)
mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:115)
mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:144)
mage.game.GameImpl.playTurn(GameImpl.java:754)
mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:666)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:633)
mage.server.game.GameWorker.call(GameWorker.java:61)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

LevelX: It's already fixed in 1.4.2v0
Laqutis

Postby Allanon87 » 09 Jul 2015, 22:37

Yesterday night I had a problem with Willbreaker. My opponent cast Act of Treason and took control of it for one turn, also stealing another creature I controlled using a spell. At the end of turn, the Act of treason effect ended and I took back the Willbreaker, and since my opponent lost control of it, also the other stolen creature. Up to this point, everything is normal. But in the next turn, I target opponent creatures trying to take their control, the ability of Willbreaker goes on the stack, but nothing happens upon resolution. My guess is that in some way, there is a bug in that the ability trigger still believes that my opponent is the one that should receive the control of the targeted creature.
Allanon87

PreviousNext

Return to XMage