It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:37

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.2

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.2

Postby fireshoes » 28 Jul 2015, 19:45

lilcanich wrote:So. Lion's Eye Diamond still does not work. It should be able to be tapped for mana while casting a spell. Still cannot do that.
That is incorrect. See the oracle text:
"Sacrifice Lion's Eye Diamond, Discard your hand: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool. Activate this ability only any time you could cast an instant."

You can't cast an instant while paying for another spell, so you can't activate LED while paying for another spell.
fireshoes

Postby fireshoes » 28 Jul 2015, 21:25

https://github.com/magefree/mage/commit ... 60eb45c95c

Norin the Wary bug fix seems to not be working. I blinked him out to the command zone but he did not return to the battlefield. Haven't checked but the new flip-walkers should also return as well.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.2v4
fireshoes

Postby Bendal » 30 Jul 2015, 02:52

1.4.2v4 bug

human opponent.
modern casual game.
opponent did not type in chat or respond.
they played slowly with a bad deck and made frequent mistakes.
their library indicated that it contained over 200 cards.
i have screenshots.
i do not know how to apply them, img button seems to be not functioning on my pc.

the bug is that the opponent's library indicated that it had over 200 cards, when that should be impossible.
Bendal

Postby piratehunter » 30 Jul 2015, 04:29

Bendal wrote:1.4.2v4 bug

human opponent.
modern casual game.
opponent did not type in chat or respond.
they played slowly with a bad deck and made frequent mistakes.
their library indicated that it contained over 200 cards.
i have screenshots.
i do not know how to apply them, img button seems to be not functioning on my pc.

the bug is that the opponent's library indicated that it had over 200 cards, when that should be impossible.
there is no limit to deck size in magic. your terrible opponent probably just had a terrible deck with way too many cards in it.

The only rule is in paper tournaments the player must be able to shuffle the deck without outside assistance.
piratehunter

Postby merihim » 30 Jul 2015, 06:32

I have two bugs to report. The first I've been able to recreate a number of times. If wear/tear is in the sideboard and you bring it into the main deck in a sideboard game then it will sometimes stop the game from commencing, at least once a game (usually when you brainstorm or fetch), and it will say 'waiting for opponent' when they are in fact waiting for you. I haven't tested this with any other split/fuse cards, but as of right now wear/tear is not usable as it will just time me out.

LevelX: You're sure you use the most current client 1.4.2v4?

The second is a little more random and happened to me today while playing. I used Lion's Eye Diamond to cast Faithless Looting from my graveyard, when the replacement effect screen pops up it gives me lines from another card (coldsteel heart). I've included a screenshot.

Wut.png

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.2v4?
merihim

Postby iLex » 31 Jul 2015, 21:12

I started XMage today after a long time. Last time I played, everything was fine. I updated to the latest version and now I have no sounds in game. I checked if all check boxes are marked ... they are. I even tried to uncheck them, save and restart XMage but it didn't help. It'd be nice if someone might figure out why this happens...
iLex

Postby Kringes » 01 Aug 2015, 03:33

Bloodchief Ascension effect is not working corretly on multiplayer.
Whenever one player activated Jace's Archivist, the damage of the discarded cards was going on a single player, not on the players who discarded the cards.

Kringes

Postby emptycircle » 01 Aug 2015, 21:41

Reporting two bugs:

1) The card 'Primal Plasma' from Planar Chaos does not work correctly. When cast, a popup window asks the player what 'form' the creature will take as expected, however once you make a selection the Primal Plasma will remain a 0/0 and will die due to SBA's without ever changing 'form.' This occurred during a draft game (Future Sight / Future Sight / Planar Chaos) vs a human player.

2) The card 'Dreadwing' from Conflux does not work correctly. As printed, its activated ability should cost 1UR to activate, however when you click on the card to activate it it asks for a 1BR. This occurred during a draft game (Shards of Alara / Conflux / Alara Reborn) vs a human player.

emptycircle

Postby smcdonough » 02 Aug 2015, 15:33

Didn't see this one posted yet.

Joined a two player standard game with a UB deck. Played a Dismal Backwater turn one in response to his. He played a swamp turn 2. I responded with an island. Tried to play my Thoughtseize with the Dismal Backwater black mana, but was unable to target him. I tried both Thoughtseize in my hand with no success.
smcdonough

Postby fireshoes » 02 Aug 2015, 23:22

A player left xmage during a multiplayer game, but the game was still waiting for him. He later "started watching" the game, before leaving xmage again, but apparently wasn't in the game at that point.
Attachments
multiplayer bug.jpg
fireshoes

Postby fireshoes » 02 Aug 2015, 23:47

When you Thoughtseize an opponent and leave the window open that shows what was in their hand, and then the opponent Thoughtseizes you, the window will change to show what is in your hand, so you can't see what they had anymore.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.2v5
fireshoes

Postby PalladiaMors » 03 Aug 2015, 04:29

There seems to be some kind of problem lately with downloading cards from 6th Edition. From the card tracker, I see that there's only 1 card missing from 6th Edition, so there should be >300 cards from that set. I've completed my image downloads, there's only the 15 promo alternate arts remaining. However, when I look at the images folder, I can't find the 6ED file at all. I believe that, since the images for some reason aren't being downloaded, the cards aren't being listed as available in the deck editor. That leads to some problems with deck legality checks for certain formats, like Historical Standard.

Please fix when possible! Thank you.

PalladiaMors

Postby Lysk » 03 Aug 2015, 10:59

Reality Acid doesn't work correctly when being blinked with it's effect on the stack. Brago, King Eternal blinks it, then the controller chooses a new target (obviously, preferrably a different one from the previous), then the sac effect goes on the stack and upon resolving the new target is being sacced and the old permanent acid was attached to stays on the battlefield.

Lysk

Postby Asekio » 03 Aug 2015, 14:07

I think there's a bug with Graveblade Marauder. I attacked with two - both were unblocked, but only one triggerede the extra damage based on creatures in the yard.

LevelX: Can't reproduce this. Was it before the update to 1.4.2v5 or after?
(Because there was a bug in 1.4.2v4 that would explain the problem).
If after, the game log would help to be able to reproduce.
Asekio

Postby PalladiaMors » 04 Aug 2015, 00:38

Couple extra problems I've spotted with the historical standard format:

a) All cards belonging to the set Scourge currently fail the deck legality check, even if the deck should be legal. I suspect there's some issue preventing this set from being recognized as legal for the format.

b) A *LOT* of people have been joining historical standard games by accident when they want to play current standard. Talking to them, I learned that they had filtered the games list to display only Standard games, but this format still appeared, which seems to get people confused. In my opinion, this format shouldn't be displayed when only the Standard filter is selected, since it really belongs among the "Other" formats instead. Current standard decks are legal (and quite competitive from what I've seen) for historical standard, of course, but I'm pretty sure >90% of the players who want to play current standard aren't interested in playing historical - they end up leaving as soon as they notice the mistake, which is making finding games for the format quite a troublesome task.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.2v5. The new historical Standard formats are now selected with the "Other" button
PalladiaMors

PreviousNext

Return to XMage