It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:09

Text Size

add the SDCC black cards?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

add the SDCC black cards?

Postby sipes1946 » 23 Aug 2015, 15:31

is there any interest or activity towards adding the SDCC black cards?

recent examples:

http://io9.com/these-comic-con-exclusiv ... 1714268138
sipes1946

Re: add the SDCC black cards?

Postby Laqutis » 23 Aug 2015, 16:03

sipes1946 wrote:is there any interest or activity towards adding the SDCC black cards?

recent examples:

all that stuff is hosted externally I suggest you take all the extra few missing pieces that you have consolidated like in a few of your other threads and put the few things that don't auto-update into empty but correctly named zip's so you can ask fireshoes if you or he can upload them into his original missing token thread
(ie so it's just the 11 missing promotional stuff now + the one weird kowigama token)
the host sites have the other older full image monochrome planeswalkers the sites might naturally upload those themselves.

Edit: I apologies the thread I site is actually levelX's the missing token images but I had remembered at the time of writing that fireshoes had started to trickle in the non automated update-able stuff in the same thread like you have been doing lately either way both levelX and fireshoes are great and do wonderful work for the project
Last edited by Laqutis on 23 Aug 2015, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
Laqutis

Postby sipes1946 » 23 Aug 2015, 16:21

Laqutis wrote:
sipes1946 wrote:is there any interest or activity towards adding the SDCC black cards?

recent examples:

all that stuff is hosted externally I suggest you take all the extra few missing pieces that you have consolidated like in a few of your other threads and put the few things that don't auto-update into empty but correctly named zip's so you can ask fireshoes if you or he can upload them into his original missing token thread
(ie so it's just the 11 missing promotional stuff now + the one weird kowigama token)
the host sites have the other older full image monochrome planeswalkers the sites might naturally upload those themselves.
thank you for the reply...so it seems I can manually add them to the MBP folder and the game will recognize them?

well I now have all the new SDCC black card images in the MBP folder...I'll just have to wait until the game recognizes them...
sipes1946

Postby Laqutis » 23 Aug 2015, 17:38

yes of course you can put the file in the folder but you won't see them in the client until the card data is linked to more specifically "pointed" to the new card images. It's not a matter of the client "recognizing" the images so much as being TOLD to use the image file titled X at location Y or in the instance of cards with multiple arts use any of 1 image files titled X at any of Y locations
Laqutis

Postby sipes1946 » 23 Aug 2015, 17:43

Laqutis wrote:yes of course you can put the file in the folder but you won't see them in the client until the card data is linked to more specifically "pointed" to the new card images. It's not a matter of the client "recognizing" the images so much as being TOLD to use the image file titled X at location Y or in the instance of cards with multiple arts use any of 1 image files titled X at any of Y locations
thank you again---ok, that's what I thought :)
sipes1946

Postby fireshoes » 02 Sep 2015, 14:40

Sorry, I missed this thread before. I can add them, but they aren't on the magiccards.info website yet, so you'll have to manually download them. The other problem is that once they do get added to magiccards, they could have different collector numbers than what I give them (since they don't really have card numbers), so people can wind up with the wrong art on the wrong card once the images are available for automatic download.
fireshoes

Postby fireshoes » 02 Sep 2015, 22:38

I added the SDCC black promos for the next update. There were also some Khans block promos added to MagicCards.info, so I added them too. Because of them adding the Khans promos and not the Relic Seeker buy-a-box promo, I had to change Relic Seeker's card number, so you might need to delete ../images/MBP after the next update and then download images again in the client.
fireshoes

Postby sipes1946 » 03 Sep 2015, 15:59

fireshoes wrote:I added the SDCC black promos for the next update. There were also some Khans block promos added to MagicCards.info, so I added them too. Because of them adding the Khans promos and not the Relic Seeker buy-a-box promo, I had to change Relic Seeker's card number, so you might need to delete ../images/MBP after the next update and then download images again in the client.
pretty cool...thank you :)
sipes1946

Return to XMage