It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:45

Text Size

Can't Connect, server is likely offline

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Can't Connect, server is likely offline

Postby dedebr6 » 25 Sep 2015, 16:37

Hi, I have this problem when I try to connect to any xmage server: xmahe.de, woogerworks... Someone, please, help me.
Attachments
xmage error.png
dedebr6

Re: Can't Connect, server is likely offline

Postby LevelX » 25 Sep 2015, 16:52

Check that Java SE is added to your windows firewall rules to be allowed to access to the internet.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Deedo » 27 Sep 2015, 21:27

I have the same problem since the update to 1.4.5v0.
Maybe server list wrong again?
Deedo

Postby LevelX » 27 Sep 2015, 21:43

Restart the launcher. I reverted servers and launcher back to 1.4.4v6 because of problems with 1.4.5v0.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby proxiehunter » 16 Oct 2015, 02:33

Just downloaded and installed the program tonight and for new users I've discovered that this error can occur if you try to log into a local server with an illegal username (for example if your username has a space in it). It wasn't until I tried to sign into one of the multiplayer servers with the same username that it told me that my username was illegal and choosing a new username solved the issue.
proxiehunter

Postby LevelX » 16 Oct 2015, 10:19

proxiehunter wrote:Just downloaded and installed the program tonight and for new users I've discovered that this error can occur if you try to log into a local server with an illegal username (for example if your username has a space in it). It wasn't until I tried to sign into one of the multiplayer servers with the same username that it told me that my username was illegal and choosing a new username solved the issue.
You only get that message, if you can't connect to your local server.

Maybe you didn't start your local server before?

Because if you trying to connect to a running and working local server with an illegal user name, you also get the message about illegal user name.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby proxiehunter » 19 Oct 2015, 05:26

LevelX wrote:
proxiehunter wrote:Just downloaded and installed the program tonight and for new users I've discovered that this error can occur if you try to log into a local server with an illegal username (for example if your username has a space in it). It wasn't until I tried to sign into one of the multiplayer servers with the same username that it told me that my username was illegal and choosing a new username solved the issue.
You only get that message, if you can't connect to your local server.

Maybe you didn't start your local server before?

Because if you trying to connect to a running and working local server with an illegal user name, you also get the message about illegal user name.
No, I had the server open. I couldn't log in to my local server when I had a space in the name and it gave the error message but I logged into woogerworks just fine once I knew I couldn't use a space. Then I disconnected from woogerworks and tried to log into my local server with the same name and it worked just fine. Maybe I'm having intermittent problems with my local server for some reason.

And yeah, that seems to be it. As I was typing up this message I was unable to log into my local network (getting the server is likely offline error) until I logged onto woogerworks first and then disconnected and retried logging on to my local server. I have no idea what could be causing such a specific malfunction.
proxiehunter

Return to XMage