It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:02

Text Size

Unusual problem trying to put Xmage on a computer

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Unusual problem trying to put Xmage on a computer

Postby Evdog99 » 05 Oct 2015, 00:46

Recently I attempted to put Xmage on a friends computer as he is essentially computer illiterate, I went to the site and clicked the download link and got the java thing, clicked it and...literally nothing happened, he has the most recent java and everything but nothing happened when I click the icon, a black cmd window pops up for like a half second but then nothing at all after that, I am thoroughly confused and was hoping you fine people could assist me in this most unusual issue

Thanks in advance!
Evdog99

Re: Unusual problem trying to put Xmage on a computer

Postby Doctor Weird » 05 Oct 2015, 01:00

Assuming you're familiar with how to use CMD, run this command in the directory where the launcher is:

Code: Select all
java -jar XMageLauncher-0.3.4.jar
It should either start the launcher, or show you the error preventing it from doing so.
Doctor Weird

Postby Evdog99 » 05 Oct 2015, 01:29

I understand how to use CMD but I dont get how to do so in a specific directory or what the code select all means
Evdog99

Postby Evdog99 » 05 Oct 2015, 02:00

Disregard those silly questions your suggestion fixed the issue, and its all good you sir/madam are a gentleman/woman and a scholar and I thank you for your assistance!
Evdog99

Postby Batil » 15 Jan 2016, 15:38

I have the same problem and followed the mentioned advice but running "java -jar XMageLauncher-0.3.4.jar" in the launcher's directory just says it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batchfile. If I just run "XMageLauncher-0.3.4.jar" it says:could not find or load main class C:\...etc. I must add that I know next to nothing about computers.
Batil

Postby Doctor Weird » 16 Jan 2016, 07:53

Batil wrote:
| Open
I have the same problem and followed the mentioned advice but running "java -jar XMageLauncher-0.3.4.jar" in the launcher's directory just says it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batchfile. If I just run "XMageLauncher-0.3.4.jar" it says:could not find or load main class C:\...etc. I must add that I know next to nothing about computers.
Before opening the CMD, right-click it, choose "Run as Administrator," and then CD to the folder and try the command again, see if that works.
Doctor Weird

Return to XMage