It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:57

Text Size

Inhouse League

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Inhouse League

Postby iScrE4m » 20 Nov 2015, 21:02

No doubt one of the biggest problems of XMage drafting is the playerbase. People quit and the overall quality of experience suffers from that. Unfortunately, I'm not a coder, not a capable one anyway. So it's just a wish.

I wish to have a league, for 'vouched' people, who would sign up for draft of the current set through IRC. After collecting eight people, the bot handling everything would send whispers to the participants with a randomized password. They would go in and play. The bot could either collect results through client (if that can be done) or players would enter the results manually. Based on final results, the bot would calculate rating changes and remember those. Maybe even post it somewhere online. Leaerboard, w00t!

If a player would leave during draft or quit the tournament while it's ongoing, he would get a temporary ban and a warning. After collecting enough warnings, he would get de-vouched from the league.

I found github of an old java bot for dota 2 inhouse league. It's 5v5, which is different from 8 FFA, but it could serve as a good base. (I can't link to it, but google 'league irc bot' - it's called Dasenka.
iScrE4m

Re: Inhouse League

Postby Agetian » 21 Nov 2015, 05:37

I can definitely second the fact that the player base is not very good, sometimes I even wonder why people even log into the game in the first place. Once I tried to create a BFZ Sealed tournament and for three times in a row the people joined and then quit after some time once construction started. Wtf? :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: Inhouse League

Postby iScrE4m » 23 Nov 2015, 02:55

As nobody was showing interest in developing such League, I decided to try myself. In Python. It's a struggle, but I feel like I'm slowly getting there. If you want to help, it's on GitHub: /iScrE4m/XLeague

edit: I think it can be called Alpha now. I don't want to know how tommorow physics exam turns out, but I'm too proud to care at this point.
iScrE4m

Return to XMage