It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:29

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.8

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.8

Postby LevelX » 24 Jan 2016, 08:11

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.8 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. You can report it in this two threads:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4554
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14062

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

1.4.9v0 (2016-02-21)
* Fixed a bug of CastOnlyDuringPhaseStepSourceEffect that allowed players to cast spells in not allowed phases/steps (e.g. Chaotic Strike and Aleatory).
* Prowl - Fixed that a Mutavault that did damage was not taken unto acount to fulfill the prowl condition.
* Flashback - Fixed that spells without mana costs (e.g. Ancestral Vision) wrongly could be cast by flashback.
* Overload - Fixed that cmc of spells cast with overload were calculated wrongly with the overload costs.
* Fixed that putting copies of a card to graveyard triggered abilities that should only trigger from cards (not copies of a card) to the graveyard.
* Improved mana source check (fixed that Simian Spirit Guide's mana could be used to cast Myr Superion).
* Fixed bug that request to show players hand did not work (thanks to derFeind for pointing out the cause).
* Fixed a bug of colorless mana (e.g. caused that Heartbeat of Spring did not work with Urza's lands).
* Fixed a bug of abilities that trigger if a player cycles a card causing a "Game exception occurred: java.util.NoSuchElementException" error.

* Containment Priest - Fixed that it also did exile permanents that entered the battlefield transformed and the transformed permanent was no creature (e.g. flipwalker).
* Despotic Scepter - Fixed tooltip text.
* Dust to Dust - Fixed tooltip text.
* Elder Mastery - Fixed that the triggered ability did only trigger for combat damage.
* Eldrazi Displacer - Fixed that there were not effect applied between exile and return effect.
* Eldrazi Mimic - Fixed that the P/T was not set if the triggering permanent left the battlefield meanwhile.
* Essence of the Wild - Fixed that the copy effect did not work correctly.
* Guilded Drake - Fixed that the sacrifice did not happen if the target creature for exchange is no longer a valid target during resolution.
* Holdout Settlement - Fixed that the second ability was not handled as mana ability.
* Joraga Auxiliary - Fixed that he could target itself with the support ability.
* Lymph Sliver - Fixed that the absorb ability was applied for every creature on the battlefield.
* Mayael's Aria - Fixed that only creatures with power 5 or greater got the +1/+1 counter.
* Nissa's Judgment - Fixed that the second ability was not handled targeted.
* Pemmin's Aura - Fixed wrong activation cost of last ability.
* Roiling Waters - Fixed tooltip text.
* Stinkdrinker Bandit - Fixed triggered ability only triggering for controlled creatures now
* Sweep Away - Fixed that it doesn't return to hand attacking creature..
* Sylvan Offering - Fixed that there were no tokens for the controller of the spell created.
* Willbender - Fixed that it wrongly could not target also abilities.

1.4.8v1 (2016-01-31)
* Fixed that surge created exceptions for rule tooltip text generation.
* Fixed a problem with the history chat command for user without matches.
* Fixed a bug that put back auras always under owners control instead of abilities controller (e.g. triggered ability of It That Betrays).
* Fixed that the Genju enchantments did not return to hand from graveyard.
* Fixed a bug of OnOpponentsTurnCondition (used by Illusionist's Gambit, Wake the Dead, Siren's Call, Reset).
* Fixed a bug were abilities could trigger when a permanent was moved to graveyard but the triggering ability from the moved permanent were removed at that time.
* Fixed possible null pointer exception for commander cast count.

* Brutal Expulsion - Fix that it don't send damaged planeswalker to exile.
* Centaur Vinecrasher - Fixed that the triggered ability to return it to hand did not work.
* Do or Die - Fixed that the second pile did include all permanents and not only creatures that are not included in the first pile.
* Eternity Vessel - Fixed that the charge counters were not added while entering the battlefield.
* Flash of Insight - Fixed that its effect did not work from gaveyard.
* Ghostway - Fixed that only one card was returned to the battlefield.
* Hedonist's Trove - Fixed that all players could play the exiled cards.
* Kabira Evangel - Fixed that if the triggered ability triggered multiple times during one turn, it did not work correctly for different colors.* Mask of Avacyn - Fixed tooltip text.
* Lignify - Fixed that existing subtypes of the enchanted creature were not removed.
* Oath of Lieges - Fixed that wrongly the controller was always able to choose to use the search effect instead of only the active player.
* Quicken - Fixed possible null pointer exception.
* Victory's Herald - Added missing Flying ability.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.8

Postby BenjaMean85 » 24 Jan 2016, 12:51

When i played Precursor Golem whith an active Parallel Lives it only gave me 4 Tokens instead of 6 ("twice that many").

Doctor Weird: Precursor Golem gives you 2 tokens, not 3, so Parallel Lives' doubling effect makes it four, as it should.
BenjaMean85

Postby BenjaMean85 » 24 Jan 2016, 12:57

It would be nice if you could be able to see how many experience Counters you have with the new Commanders like Ezuri, Claw of Progress!

Thanks for keeping up the great work!

Doctor Weird: Place your mouse cursor over a player's name in game and you can see the number of experience counters they have.
BenjaMean85

Postby Julia » 24 Jan 2016, 18:58

If you /h a player with no match history, and change chat tabs to "system", you will be unable to change it back to "Talk". I've been able to reproduce this four times, and once it also caused graphical bugs (in that instance, I used /h targeting my own new account).

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.8v0
Julia

Postby PalladiaMors » 25 Jan 2016, 14:10

Not a bug, but I didn't want to create a topic just to ask a question. I believe that so far nobody has understood what C: D: and R: next to the player's tournament history mean. Could someone please explain this?

Thanks to the devs and particularly @menocar for implementing the accounts, this will be highly useful and help our Xmage community improve. Great job!

LevelX: Meaning of the numbers in histoy:
For Matches:
I: Number of Matches lost because of idle timeout.
T: Number of Matches lost because of match timeout.
Q: Number of Matches lost because of match quit.
For Tournaments:
D: Number of tournaments left during draft phase.
C: Number of tournaments left during constructing phase.
R: Number of tournaments left during rounds.
It's just a start and will surely evolve over time with more and better information.
PalladiaMors

Postby escplan9 » 25 Jan 2016, 14:55

Everyone with logon issues - click OK when you get the error message. You should be back to the window displaying the server you're connecting to. Click the "Register new user" button and fill out the information.
escplan9

Postby menocar » 25 Jan 2016, 16:11

Hi PalladiaMors,

What LevelX2 said. Glad to heat that the new functionality is useful to you! Let's improve the community together.
menocar

Postby tikipanda » 25 Jan 2016, 21:26

I haven't been able to update to this version at all. Previously when I tried to update, the Launcher went through the update process, but then afterward always told me that I was running version 1.4.7 and that version 1.4.8 was available. No matter how many times I told it to update, I continued to have this issue.

Now it just says "Error reading config from xmage.de//config.json. Possible causes: Site is offline or internet connection is unavailable" when I click Check Version and it won't let me update it at all.

LevelX: Check settings in the launcher. Xmage home should be exactly: http://xmage.de/xmage
tikipanda

Postby tikipanda » 25 Jan 2016, 23:10

Okay, I changed the settings and it stopped giving me the error message but it still won't update. What do I do now?

LevelX: Push the "Update" button. Or if that does not work show the errors written to the xmage_launcher.log.
tikipanda

Postby fireshoes » 25 Jan 2016, 23:24

If a player in a draft queue loses connection and then rejoins the server, they can join the table again but it will show two of that user.
fireshoes

Postby Xynax0 » 26 Jan 2016, 17:11

Mask of Avacyn has a text mistake it says "equipped creature has hexproof and has hexproof"

Xynax0

Postby Soujids » 26 Jan 2016, 19:49

Zulaport Cotthroat doesn't trigger for itself when dies

LevelX: https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/1426
Soujids

Postby Konigsburg » 26 Jan 2016, 22:11

Eternity Vessel seems to enter the battlefield without any charge counters on it. (Only tested that at 20 life, though)

Konigsburg

Postby xsxs » 27 Jan 2016, 17:04

Centaur Vinecrasher's return from graveyard trigger never happens, thanks!!

xsxs

Postby PalladiaMors » 28 Jan 2016, 04:18

Genju of the Spires isn't working properly: enchanted mountain got destroyed by a Strip Mine, the ability triggered, I chose Yes, but it didn't come back to my hand. There was nothing in play that could have affected it. We rolled back to confirm and it happened a second time. I haven't checked every one of them, but I think there's a chance that the other 5 Genjus could also have the same problem?

PalladiaMors

Next

Return to XMage