It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:06

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.9

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.9

Postby LevelX » 21 Feb 2016, 11:55

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.8 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. You can report it in this two threads:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4554
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14062

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
* Fixed that transformed event was triggerd while the transforming was not applied yet (e.g. Cult of the Waxing Moon).

* Archangel Avacyn - Fixed that she damages herself when she transforms (fixes #1745).
* Avacynian Missionaries - Fixed tooltip text.
* Briarbridge Patrol - Fixed freezing games
* Confront the Unknown - Fixed boost does not get locked in when cast
* Crow of Dark Tidings - Fixed p/t stats
* Declaration in Stone - Fixed generating clues from tokens exiled, and possible issues with non-creatures
* Engulf the Shore - Fixed that it did not return tokens from battlefield.
* Fleeting Memories - Fixed sac clue triggers
* Graf Mole - Fixed sac clue triggers
* Harness the Storm - Fixed wrong ability copy method leading to not correct functioning.
* Harvest Hand // Scrounged Scythe - Fixed can get Scrounged Scythe in sealed pool
* Intrepid Provisioner - Fixed no ETB trigger
* Jace, Unraveler of Secrets - Fixed enters with 0 loyalty
* Morkrut Necropod - Fixed only allow sacrificing lands
* Prized Amalgam - Fixed triggering on opponent recurring creatures.
* Prized Amalgam - Fixed that it was not returned to battlefield under some conditions.
* Slayer's Plate - Fixed p/t boost stats
* Startled Awake - Fixed that it did not return correctly transfered after using activated ability (fixes #1700).
* The Gitrog Monster - Fixes that lands going to graveyard did not always trigger as expected.
* Tireless Tracker - Fixed sac clue triggers
* Tireless Tracker - opponent landfall also triggering first ability
* Ulvenwald - Fixed sac clue triggers
* Welcome to the Fold - Fixed not taking control of creatures
* Wolf of Devil's Breach - Fixed that discard cost was not handled correctly.

XMage 1.4.9v3 (2016-03-27)
* Fixed CAST_SPELL_LATE event (e.g. used by Reflector Mage) to only fire for cast events.
* Fixed color identity evaluation not checking second card face.
* Fixed bug with P/T boost triggered by blocking creatures not lasting until end of turn (e.g. Rabid Elephant).

* Cloud Cover - Fixed that it not only triggered for controlled permanets.
* Dawnbreak Reclaimer - Fixed effect handling that could lead to blocked games.
* Disrupting Shoal - Fixed that the target spell was not countered if the spell was cast with the regular mana costs.
* Standardize - Fixe bug that prevented the effect to work.
* Summoning Trap - Fixed a bug that the trap condition was never true.
* Voice of Resurgence - Fixed a bug that the dies trigger did not work correctly if Voice of Resurgence was copied e.g. by a Phantasmal Image.

XMage 1.4.9v2 (2016-03-12)
* Fixed some problems with can't cast effects and morph ability (related to Reflector Mage, Exclusion Ritual and Alhammarret High Arbiter).
* Prevented execution of repeated conceding after the first one.
* Disrupting Shoal - Fixed that the converted mana costs of split cards were not handled correctly.
* Dragonstorm - Fixed wrong rarity.
* Fixed that the storm counter was no shown on the game panel.
* Fixed that the tooltip was not shown the first time it should be visible.
* Fixed possible exception when planswalker were removed from battlefield.
* Fixed a problem with tokens copied by the CopyEffect (e.g. with Essence of the Wild and Back from the Brink in play).
* Flashback - Fixed that exile effect was not removed after applied.
* Fixed a bug were copied abilites (e.g. by Progenitor Mimic) did not use the correct controller after the control of the copying permanent changed (e.g. by Capitivating Vampire).
* Fixed that dies trigger were not always handled correctly if the creature with the triggered ability was sacrificed for paying a cost.

* Cease-Fire - Fixed possible cast exception.
* Crib Swap - Fixed that the created token was ehite instead of colorless.
* Instill Energy - Fixed that the untap enchanted creature ability did not work.
* Manor Gargoyle - Fixed that the lose of defender ability did not stop it having indestructibility.
* Molten Psyche - Fixed that the damage was wrongly also dealt to the spell controller.
* Nantuko Mentor - Fixed not correctly working activated boost ability.
* Sakura-Tribe Scout - Removed unused land target during declaration.
* Scion of Vitu-Ghazi - Fixed that conditional trigger was not handled correctly.
* Skyclaw Thrash - Added missing ability.
* Undead Alchemist - Fixed that the second ability was handled optional.
* Widespread Panic - Fixed that it also triggered if the library was shuffled by an ability controlled by another player (e.g. Knowledge Exploitation).

XMage 1.4.9v1 (2016-02-28)
* Fixed a bug of the EntersBattlefieldAllTriggeredAbility class (this fixes the Eldrazi Mimic bug).
* Fixed Secluded Steppe card number in the "Wade into Battle" commander 2015 deck sample-decks directory.
* Fixed a bug that token permanents were not bounced to hand (related to Reduce to Dreams, Whelming Wave, Part the Veil, Retract, Inundate, AEtherize, Dromar, the Banisher, Thousand Winds, Crush of Tentacles, Upheaval, Waterspout Elemental, Kederekt Leviathan, Denizen of the Deep, Llawan, Cephalid Empress).
* Fixed a bug with time stamp order and change of basic land type (e.g. Blood Moon and Spreading Seas).
* Fixed that a planeswalker that left the battlefield was not correctly removed from combat.
* Removed the commander rule 4 (mana generation restriction).
* Fixed that the flag on avatar image could be too big.
* GUI Size - Fixed that table header lines were not horizontally moved.
* Fixed that watching games did not work correctly.
* Fixed some alternate costs handling of Trap cards (e.g. wrong Mindbreak Trap cost calculation with Defense Grid on the battlefield).

* Reviving Vapors - Fixed that the chosen card did not go to hand.
* Stonecloaker - Fixed that the return to hand ability was not mandatory.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.9

Postby LevelX » 21 Feb 2016, 12:49

The window of watched games does not close after you stopped watching a game.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.9v0

The Exiled cards Window of a watched games is shown on the table list window if you switch from a watched game with exiled cards to the table list.

In the deck editor if image size is set to a bigger size (so the added text won't be drawn) the area the tooltip of a card is shown is vertically shiftet a bit.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Almighty » 21 Feb 2016, 14:21

Eldrazi Mimic ability to change it's health and power on another creatures entering the battlefield doesn't work after update.

Almighty

Postby Guizin » 21 Feb 2016, 19:41

It That Betrays had a strange bug.
Attacked opponent's planeswalker with him (I think it was Venser, the Sojourner), then opponent sacrificed said planeswalker to ITB (It That Betrays) annihilator ability, ITB ability triggered and Venser came over to my control, but ITB was still attacking my own planeswalker and killed it.
Shouldn't happen because that's an entirely new planeswalker, not the one I was attacking. That one died, therefore the attack was invalid.

Guizin

Postby MrMarlon » 21 Feb 2016, 22:01

Rollback functionality has gone missing. Please bring it back.

LevelX: Can't reproduce that problem. Why do you think so? Is the menu missing or what?
MrMarlon

Postby escplan9 » 21 Feb 2016, 22:49

Serra Ascendant is not working properly. Playing commander free for all, and when life total was less than 30 Serra remained a 6/6.

LevelX: Can't reproduce the problem.
https://github.com/magefree/mage/commit/739b7d6535f7df81145846046666676c6749f4b1
escplan9

Postby tuberov » 22 Feb 2016, 00:20

In a Commander FFA game, I controlled 5 vampires (one of which was Captivating Vampire). My opponent cast Progenitor Mimic, copying Captivating Vampire. I used the ability of my Captivating Vampire to gain control of his Mimic/Vampire but the buff didn't switch control. His other vampire still got the buff even after I gained control of the Mimic/Vampire.

Did not get to see if the Mimic/Vampire produced tokens on the right side of the field (my side) as the game ended just after my turn.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.9v1
tuberov

Postby DarthN9hilus » 22 Feb 2016, 00:51

Blood Artist ability does not trigger when I sacrifice him or other creatures, which it should .

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.9v1
DarthN9hilus

Postby Agetian » 22 Feb 2016, 05:31

I tried playing a couple games vs. the AI opponent ("Constructed - Modern", with a couple premade decks) and every time the game finished, I got "Error: null" on my screen twice (I had to click "OK" two times to make it go away). Didn't look fatal, I was able to continue into game 2 by clicking "Submit", but a bit annoying nonetheless and may potentially signal some kind of a deeper issue... Haven't tested vs. human opponents yet.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KTROJAN » 22 Feb 2016, 19:49

Not really a bug but something that'd be nice if it could happen is exiled face down cards should be viewable by the owner. For example cards under shelldock or cards exiled by inverter of truth. I'd like to be able to play torrent elemental in my deck and I can't play it from exile with the current setup.

Thanks Keith
KTROJAN

Postby fireshoes » 22 Feb 2016, 20:22

Some further detail on face-down exiled cards.

406.3. Exiled cards are, by default, kept face up and may be examined by any player at any time. Cards “exiled face down” can’t be examined by any player except when instructions allow it. However, once a player is allowed to look at a card exiled face down, that player may continue to look at that card as long as it remains exiled, even if the instruction allowing the player to do so no longer applies. A card exiled face down has no characteristics, but the spell or ability that exiled it may allow it to be played from exile. Unless that card is being cast face down (see rule 707.4), the card is turned face up just before the player announces that he or she is playing the card (see rule 601.2).
406.4. Face-down cards in exile should be kept in separate piles based on when they were exiled and how they were exiled. If a player is instructed to choose an exiled card, the player may choose a specific face-down card only if the player is allowed to look at that card. Otherwise, he or she may choose a pile of face-down exiled cards, and then a card is chosen at random from within that pile. If choosing such a card is part of casting a spell or activating an ability, the chosen card isn’t revealed until after that cost is fully paid. (See rule 601.2i.)

702.73a. Hideaway represents a static ability and a triggered ability. "Hideaway" means "This permanent enters the battlefield tapped" and "When this permanent enters the battlefield, look at the top four cards of your library. Exile one of them face down and put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. The exiled card gains 'Any player who has controlled the permanent that exiled this card may look at this card in the exile zone.'"

So for Keith's example, he should be able to look at cards exiled with Hideaway, but not from Inverter of Truth. In neither situation could Torrent Elemental's ability be activated though.
fireshoes

Postby AdmiralAce » 22 Feb 2016, 21:31

The commander games need to allow for the Rule 4 change. Non-commander identity mana is still being converted to colorless, which makes playing Sen Triplets difficult.

AdmiralAce

Postby LoneReaper » 22 Feb 2016, 22:26

Just updated the client and got the problem.

Firstly after starting client I started to download new pictures, I had a progress bar, everything seemed ok, but after finishing, I saw nothing was downloaded at all. Then I deleted all pictures and tried to redownload all of them. After looong waiting (26000 pics, gosh) I got the same: I have 0 of 26000 pictures. I reinstalled Xmage and nothing changed - all he same. They just cannot be downloaded.
LoneReaper

Postby PalladiaMors » 22 Feb 2016, 23:26

Kaervek the Merciless still deals damage with the triggered ability when enchanted with Temporal Isolation.

LevelX: Can't reproduce that problem.

@LevelX, I tested again and found out that if you target players, then it really doesn't deal damage (thus works correctly), but if you target creatures, then it does deal damage, the creatures die due to the damage and everything. So I believe the bug only seems to take place when the target is a creature.
Last edited by PalladiaMors on 23 Feb 2016, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
PalladiaMors

Postby NoGue2k » 23 Feb 2016, 02:41

There's a bug with Spreading Seas and Blood Moon

Spreading Seas was played turn 3 in a Steam Vents, Blood Moon turn 7 or something

The enchanted Steam Vents was producing only U when ir should produce only R because of blood moon's time stamp.

Image battlefield | Open

NoGue2k

Next

Return to XMage