It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:48

Text Size

Lobby Game List Issue (can't see own game)

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Lobby Game List Issue (can't see own game)

Postby technoDaleks » 20 Mar 2016, 01:06

Hello All!
First, I want to thank the XMage team for putting together a wonderful program. I'm hoping to work out some issues with game making I've encountered so I can enjoy it properly.

Two related(I think) issues regarding creating and joining games.

[1] I'm trying to set up a game between two machines on the same network so I can play against a family member. I understand the hosting required (CompA runs server and client, connects to localhost. CompB connects to CompA's local IP address), and I can get both Comps into the local server. They see eachother in the user list, and can see what the other types in the lobby chat box. However, when either starts a match, the other doesn't see the game in the game list. I'm at a loss on how to troubleshoot to fix, so if there are suggestions I can try or info required to help solve it, let me know so I can provide. Same issue when connecting to a public server - CompA can't see games made by CompB and vice versa.

[2]Related to [1], my understanding is for two window testing on one comp, you can connect two clients to the local host. In the past this worked fine. However now when I do this, I run into the same issue in [1].
technoDaleks

Re: Lobby Game List Issue (can't see own game)

Postby LevelX » 20 Mar 2016, 07:35

There is no reason that shouldn't work.

The only thing I can imagine is that you filtered the tables out with the filter on the top.
Did you set all filters on the top of th etable view to active?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Lobby Game List Issue (can't see own game)

Postby technoDaleks » 20 Mar 2016, 14:11

Indeed, especially since it was working before (reference to [2]).

XMage version is the most current (1.4.9v2).
- I open the XMageLauncher-0.3.8.
- Launch Server.
- Launch Client x2 (Client console looks ok. Only thing that's iffy is a "WARNING: Could not open/create prefs roote node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x90000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5".
- Connect ClientA & ClientB to Server: localhost, Port: 17171.
- Default lobby looks ok. Both clients can see eachother in the player list and chat box. All the filters are set the default as well, so any game should be showing (all are selected, with the text enclosed in a grey box).
- I have ClientA start a New Match, but ClientB doesn't see anything in the game lobby.

I don't know what to tweak, or settings to change, to try and troubleshoot. If you, or anyone else, have suggestions I'm happy to try them and see if it resolves the issues in [1] & [2].

PreEdit: Ugh...I had imgur links as well, but the forum won't allow me to post them ('too spammy for a new user').

NinjaEdit: Huh...for [2], 'New Tourney' works properly. Does 'Wins' in the game setup control anything, or is that just how many wins are required for the match to end?

NinjaEdit2: Another piece - the client starting 'New Tourney' can see their own game in the list. When I do the same for 'New Match', the client cannot see their own game in the list.

NinjaEdit3: Going into the XMage client folder, starting up a separate client with the "startClient" as ClientC from the batch file, and using that client to start a game gives the wanted result - a game in the lobby that all clients (A, B, & C) can see. Huh. But only that once. I can't get it to work again.
technoDaleks

Return to XMage