It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:40

Text Size

Image Files Not Downloading Properly

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Image Files Not Downloading Properly

Postby Bendal » 04 Apr 2016, 00:02

I have installed the newest version of xmage, and I have never encountered this issue before, but I have been letting my computer sit for 2 nights, downloading card images, and It hasn't even finished the first source. I restarted my PC and reinstalled Xmage, but the issue continues! I really want to play, but the images are taking such a long time to download I just don't see it happening until I get a fix.
Bendal

Re: Image Files Not Downloading Properly

Postby Myrken » 04 Apr 2016, 04:10

Ok so instead of posting a new topic I figured I would reply here. The problem seems to be with cards from magiccards,info. I live in the US and was unable to even load the site on multiple browsers. So it got me wondering what I could do I was always showing 1332 or 1262 cards missing the client console was showing it was confused as well I had all security shut down and still nothing.

So I went into SoftEther VPN bounced myself through the Russian Federation and Wham the webpage loaded I then tried getting the cards in Xmage got all but 69 of them first go couldn't get the last few they kept failing. I then dropped out of vpn Xmage rechecked on start said I was missing 25000 cards but I'm not most of the blank cards I was missing are now fine.

However out of vpn I cannot load magiccards,info here in Florida and Xmage cant reach them either my concern is that they are now being blocked which may present a problem.

Some feedback or ideas would be nice but a vpn for now will get most of the cards.

Had to add coma instead of a . to url cause forums thought i was spamming =-=
lol tried editing my post from a Russian proxy and it wanted me to sign in in Russian yea I should drop vpn before posting lol
Myrken

Postby Myrken » 04 Apr 2016, 17:49

Today i tried bypassing my router and wiring right to my modem, and things load something else to try if your having issues downloading. Now they stopped loading again looks like I'm calling my isp about my DHCP.
Myrken

Postby Zangue » 06 Apr 2016, 17:31

Thank you Mike but Im just a simple man who enjoy playing MTG for fun and im not into computer, i cant afford to understand your mambo jumbo :(

There were 26k of cards, i downloaded most of them, now is 3 days that i try to get the 8000 left but it loads extremely slow and always had some problem like... falling asleep.. been entertained by my wife or else... but when i said slow i really mean diabolically slow!

so you said there is a issue with MagicCard.Info?
Zangue

Return to XMage