It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:08

Text Size

GUI issue on laptop screen

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

GUI issue on laptop screen

Postby fazy » 05 Apr 2016, 09:31

Hello,
I've got an issue with using XMage on my laptop (1366x768 screen). It seems that permanments on board scale down in size so much they become very hard to read. I noticed the GUI preferences sliders only set "Maximum size of permanents" not minimum or anything.

Is there any fix? And as side question, can I just edit the source code to fix it, compile it and use modified client on public server? Thanks for help.

Screenshots at
Code: Select all
imgur(.)com/a/L9RX6
Edit: Corrected screenshot link
Last edited by fazy on 11 Apr 2016, 06:25, edited 1 time in total.
fazy

Re: GUI issue on laptop screen

Postby fazy » 10 Apr 2016, 15:09

I am feeling pretty desperate here, XMage used to be my favourite thing and now I can barely use it. I wish there was at least any work around.

On the other hand, this might turn me into a Java dev, because I guess if others can't fix it, fix it yourself. Eh.
fazy

Postby Doctor Weird » 10 Apr 2016, 15:23

Might want to try posting that screenshot again, it doesn't link to the image you think it does.

As for the GUI issue itself, you could try posting it to the GitHub page and hope it gets more attention or a reply there. But I do agree that while well intended and a step in the right direction, as it is right now the whole GUI scaling menu is an over-complicated mess that still doesn't do half the stuff it was wanted for, like being able to see the scroll bar at the bottom of your hand without having to use the tiniest images possible. In general, the whole stack box should be moved elsewhere and handled differently, but that's going into my own opinion on table design at this point.
Doctor Weird

Postby fazy » 11 Apr 2016, 06:26

Oh shit, you're right. I couldn't post a real link (as a new user), so I am afraid somebody editing the post messed up? Dunno, there wasn't a working link originally just (.) version of it. Fixed that now.

And yeah, got a post on GitHub initially, but it's dead. Thanks for the reply though, man, it's better than silence.
fazy

Return to XMage