It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:49

Text Size

Problems with xmage.de: "connection to server lost"

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Problems with xmage.de: "connection to server lost"

Postby MrMarlon » 11 Apr 2016, 19:54

On xmage.de, I really often get that the game suddenly hangs and the Terminal says "connection to server lost". Any chance this is going to get fixed any time soon? It's been going for at least a couple of weeks now. :(
MrMarlon

Re: Problems with xmage.de: "connection to server lost"

Postby Hintelijente » 11 Apr 2016, 22:04

The continuous disconnections have made playing a chore and drafting impossible, i can't understand what's the problem but i hope they fix it soon, as its hurting them a lot.
Hintelijente

Postby escplan9 » 11 Apr 2016, 23:36

Do you have the same issues on the Woogerworks server?
escplan9

Postby leshrac » 12 Apr 2016, 17:04

Woogerworks seems to be fine (but i don't play there very often). On xmage.de usually about once an hour (at least during prime time) there is a disconnect affecting most games. After the disconnect i find very few games still running, and the recent results show a large number of games finished at the same time by one person quitting. I don't know if indeed every game on the server gets disconnected at the same time, but so far whenever i talked to my opponent about it later we realized we both got disconnected. And in the few cases where a reconnect works for me with the game still running, there is a big chance my opponent didn't reconnect, or sometimes i can only watch my own game and not rejoin it as a player.

The only way a reconnect mostly works for me is if the client crashes when i try to reconnect, then i kill it and open a new one. If the client doesn't crash and instead reconnects on the first try, the game is always over and shows one of us quitting in the results.

This has been going on for at least two weeks now.
leshrac

Postby PalladiaMors » 12 Apr 2016, 22:15

I'm sure the problem started right after SOI was implemented. Just posted a comment in the feedback topic mentioning another issue related to this problem, which is that, because of the frequent disconnects, everyone now has massive quit rates in their accounts. I've suggested that maybe we could have our account histories reset at some point.
PalladiaMors

Postby MrMarlon » 14 Apr 2016, 13:03

I definitely do not have any of those problems on woogerworks.info. I have started playing there instead, even though there's less players on there and thus takes longer to fill up the draft. On xmage.de, it has become impossible to successfully finish a draft tournament anymore; if it doesn't crash during the draft, then it will during the first match. On woogerworks.info, though, I have no such problems! =D>
MrMarlon

Postby MrMarlon » 14 Apr 2016, 13:04

Yeah, I've racked up a huge quit rate this way on xmage.de, too. The "quit rate threshold" feature has essentially become useless on that server. :(
MrMarlon

Return to XMage