It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:44

Text Size

Thick Black Borders

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Thick Black Borders

Postby tuberov » 19 Apr 2016, 19:34

I'm having an issue that's mainly aesthetics-based. When I download all the images, some sets of cards show up with a thick black border around them while others don't. Notably, Oath, Origins, and Dragons sets all have these thick black borders around them. Is there something that is wrong with the image servers or something wrong in settings that I could look into?
tuberov

Re: Thick Black Borders

Postby Doctor Weird » 19 Apr 2016, 20:48

Maybe posting a screenshot as an example would help better understanding what it might be.
Doctor Weird

Postby tuberov » 20 Apr 2016, 00:08

I've noticed it happen with the Innistrad block as well as Modern Masters too.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
tuberov

Postby Doctor Weird » 20 Apr 2016, 00:33

Those are just the normal black borders that the paper cards have. If you go look at a physical card right now you will see that the proportions are the same too, and just like a physical card has rounded corners so does the card image have those little white backgrounds on each corner. It's just that some image sources probably scan them fully, with the borders, while others crop them out.

Basically, it's just how each source scanned the cards. I suppose you could just delete the zip files for the sets that have those and try re-downloading them from a different source for consistency sake with the other scans, if you want.

Edit: just went and had a look at the scans for each of the three sources XMage uses. It seems the ones with the borders you don't want are from wizards.com, so if it really bothers you try deleting those sets from your images and downloading them again from another source. Here's a comparison of the three sites' scans for the same Swamp from Avacyn Restored as an example:

magiccards.info
mythicspoiler.com
wizards.com
Doctor Weird

Return to XMage