It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:49

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.11

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.11

Postby LevelX » 24 Apr 2016, 10:59

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.11 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=18575

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
* Changed some card numbers used for Starter 2000 set to have unique numbers.
* Unearth - Fixed a problem with exiling the unearthed creature.
* Fixed a problem with the AI handling of TARGETED event (e.g. Silver Partisan not triggering).
* Fixed that freeform tables were not shown in the list of open games.
* Fixed generation of double faced cards of SOI boosters.
* Fixed that a delayed sacrifice source effect could create a null pointer exception.
* Fixed that Suspend was handled as activated ability for increase/decrease of mana activation costs.

* Angel of Jubilation - Fixed so now properly only restricts the sacrifice of creatures.
* Bound by Moonsilver - Fixed tooltip text.
* Coat of Arms - FIxed that the boost effect also worked with non creature types (e.g. Basic land types if some lands were animated).
* Dralnu's Pet - Fixed ETB kicker
* Ghost Council of Orzhova - Fixed etb ability so it causes life loss instead of damage.
* Jace, Telepath Unbound - Fixed so spells with no cost such as Ancestral Vision can not be cast by Jace's minus ability.
* Last Stand - Fixed loss of life and gain life to be 2x the amount instead of 1x.
* Leave No Trace - Fixed that all permanents could be targeted instead of only enchantments.
* Leeching Sliver - fixed trigger for defending player losing life whenever a sliver attacks.
* Morphling - Fixed the 4th ability to grant -1/+1
* Necrite - Removed wrong AssignNoCombatDamageSourceEffect.
* Orcish Bloodpainter - Fixed sacrifice ability to allow sacrificing other creatures.
* Runeflare Trap - Fixed alternative cost condition.
* Shaman of the Pack - Fixed that the lose life calculation did only count creatures.
* Spitemare - Fixed that no damage was dealt to creatures.
* Strength of Arms - Fixed so the token generated is a Human Soldier.
* Vanishing - Fixed wrong card number.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.11

Postby howhow » 26 Apr 2016, 06:26

This is not a programming bug, but Duel Commander is adopting the Vancouver mulligan.(not partial Vancouver mulligan as in xmage.)
howhow

Postby Mulsiphix » 26 Apr 2016, 07:21

• Where?
    In the Deck editor, I set the drop down menu to only view Starter 2000 cards and set the filter to only show land cards.

• Problem?
    While there are two basic lands for each land type shown, both cards for each type share the same card number. This can be verified by:

A) Add all 10 cards to a deck. Instead of 10 cards being listed, five cards are listed with a quantity of 2.
    B) This can also be seen if you save the deck and open it in a text editor.
    C) I added a basic land to the S00 image directory, named it "Forest.262.full.jpg" and in XMage it shows the same image for both Forest entries.

http://s19.postimg.org/4kw267d5v/starter_2000_lands_issue.png

LevelX: I set the card numbers to unique values now.
Do you have any source that shows the numbering of the Starter 2000 cards?
Mulsiphix

Postby Dr34dful » 26 Apr 2016, 14:10

Hey,

Sorry I am new at this and am not sure exactly what is going wrong. I downloaded the new update version 11, but every time I try to start the client it loads version 10. What am I missing?

Dr34dful

LevelX: Did you try to force an update with the "Update" button?
Dr34dful

Postby PalladiaMors » 26 Apr 2016, 15:40

Few extra cards that are available but listed as unimplemented in the tracker:

Poisonbelly Ogre
Pulling Teeth
Pack's Disdain

Also, the set Chronicles isn't listed in the tracker - not too important since it's a reprint set, but in case someone wants it to be reliable stats wise, could be handy to add it eventually. Thanks.

escplan9: Updated the implemented cards. Thanks again.
PalladiaMors

Postby Cysec » 26 Apr 2016, 16:16

Brain in a Jar only gives the option to cast a spell with it the first time you put a counter on it.

Game log attached.
20160426_115938_Two Player Duel_1.zip
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

LevelX: I can't reproduce the problem.
Maybe you had no instant or sorcery spell on your hand with cmc EQUAL to the number of counters on Brain in a Jar?
Cysec

Postby PalladiaMors » 26 Apr 2016, 21:25

Blood Cultist is often missing on gaining its +1/+1 counters. I couldn't figure out exactly on which situations it fails, it's working sometimes, but looks like it fails to gain the counter the majority of the time when a creature that it previously damaged during the turn dies. I'm sure it was working correctly on an older version of Mage.

LevelX: I can't reproduce that problem. A game log from a game the bug happens would be very helpful.

Added 5 tests scenarios

@LevelX, unfortunately I no longer have the game log, if I ever come across this again I'll make sure to keep the log. What I remember about the game is that originally Cultist looked like it was working normally, then at one point I had to bounce it with Call to Heel to avoid removal, played it again, and from this point on it never managed to gain a counter again - happened over half a dozen times, after pinging opponent's creatures, my own creatures, killing the creature with its 1 damage or just damaging it and having it die later that turn by other means. Didn't mention this at first because I don't see how the bounce could possibly have been related to the problem? Anyway, forget it, I'll keep an eye for this problem and provide a log next time. Thank you for looking into it.
Last edited by PalladiaMors on 27 Apr 2016, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
PalladiaMors

Postby PalladiaMors » 26 Apr 2016, 22:17

Cards with unearth (e.g. Undead Leotau) are currently bugged. When you bring a creature back from the graveyard with unearth, it gets exiled at end of turn normally, but a copy of the card stays on the battlefield under your control permanently. It's a pretty powerful ability right now!

LevelX: I'm not sure if this is a bug. How do you copy the card with unearth exactly?
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/304497-unearth-plus-clone

escplan9: I think he means instead of Undead Leotau being exiled after the end of the turn, the creature remains on the battlefield. That's the issue. I reproduced the issue with a unit test recently. https://github.com/magefree/mage/commit ... 3cefd2d726

LevelX: OK, so it's fixed beyond 1.4.11v0
PalladiaMors

Postby babadook » 26 Apr 2016, 22:38

I'm unable to find the option to create the new Rich Man draft.

Edit: Rather, I can find the option when creating a tournament on another server like woogerworks, but not when I'm connected to my local server.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.11v0
You can fix it for your local installation by adding this line to your mage-server/config/config.xml file.

Code: Select all
<tournamentType name="Booster Draft Elimination (Rich Man)" jar="mage-tournament-boosterdraft-1.4.11.jar" className="mage.tournament.RichManDraftEliminationTournament" typeName="mage.tournament.RichManDraftEliminationTournamentType"/>
babadook

Postby booot » 27 Apr 2016, 15:41

Bound by Moonsilver's tool tips has no "Activate can only you cast sorcery" of last ability.

booot

Postby Doctor Weird » 27 Apr 2016, 16:01

Downloading the image for Vanishing from wizards.com or mythicspoiler.com gives the right image, but downloading it from magiccards.info gives the image for Ovinomancer. Not sure if this is necessarily an XMage problem or more to do with how these websites ID their card images, neither do I know if XMage gets the images from all of those by number or if the first two are done by name and expansion, but the fact is that magiccards.info has the card number as #48 and Ovinomancer as #39, while XMage numbers Vanishing as #39 (causing the wrong image), but if we look at the full Visions set and count them in the proper order we can see that 48 should be the right collector's number for Vanishing, not 39.

Either way, whether it's an XMage problem or the image sources problem, if anyone notices the same problem with their card image for it and happens to read this, just download VIS.zip from the mythicspoiler.com source instead, for now.

Doctor Weird

Postby Styxo » 27 Apr 2016, 18:35

Can suspend Living end when Meddling Mage has named it.
From the Living end page on Gatherer:
You can exile a card in your hand using suspend any time you could cast that card. Consider its card type, any effect that affects when you could cast it (such as flash) and any other effects that could stop you from casting it (such as Meddling Mage’s effect) to determine if and when you can do this. Whether or not you could actually complete all steps in casting the card is irrelevant. For example, you can exile a card with suspend that has no mana cost or requires a target even if no legal targets are available at that time.
Styxo

Postby mufao » 27 Apr 2016, 21:27

Angel of Jubilation won't let me sacrifice lands to fetch (tested with Evolving Wilds)
Edit: Also won't let me pay life to put a shockland into play untap

escplan9: Known issue since at least June 2013 - still unresolved: https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/245 . Fixed beyond 1.4.11v0
mufao

Postby fireshoes » 28 Apr 2016, 06:52

Casting Languish with each player controlling a Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet only exiles one instead of both (and makes a Zombie token from the one that dies).
Attachments
kalitas bug.jpg
fireshoes

Postby gabriele83 » 28 Apr 2016, 13:49

When I try to create a Freeform match it doesn't show up in the games list so nobody is able to join.

Use the "limited" format as a workaround.
gabriele83

Next

Return to XMage