It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:26

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.11

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.11

Postby LordMortus » 22 May 2016, 17:28

Hi, this is my first post, and my first experience with Xmage (positive so far)
But, I have found a bug with Prototype Portal

I have been playing an Artifact Affinity deck with Prototype Portal and Sol Ring (or any other artifact)

When using Prototype's ability, Xmage forces me to use double the cost of the exiled artifiact.
i.e.: Tapping Prototype for a Sol Ring is costing me (2) instead of (1) to place a token down.

I have already inquired about ruling on another site and this is indeed incorrect.

Thanks for your time.
LordMortus

Postby LordMortus » 22 May 2016, 18:20

Playing against 1 AI.
My graveyard is Empty
AI's graveyard has 2 cards.
I have Witchbane Orb on the battlefield

AI has Jotun Grunt from previous turn.
Jotun Grunts' upkeep trigger happens and this error is given.

Jotun Grunt Error.txt
Java Error Code
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
LordMortus

Postby BenjaMean85 » 22 May 2016, 21:32

In a multiplayer round of EDH, my enemy played a Copy Enchantment, copying my own Grasp of Fate. The game then asked him to chose and exile a land instead of the three permanents his opponents controlled.
BenjaMean85

Postby booot » 24 May 2016, 15:55

I create copy token of Lambholt Pacifist , in Momir or Rite of Replication.
I sow error below.

Code: Select all
FATAL 2016-05-25 00:52:31,569 Game exception gameId: 9c8c561b-7258-43d9-abe7-8da60fc81a02                                =>[GAME 9c8c561b-7258-43d9-abe7-8da60fc81a02] GameImpl.playPriority
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at mage.abilities.effects.common.TransformSourceEffect.apply(TransformSourceEffect.java:85)
   at mage.abilities.AbilityImpl.resolve(AbilityImpl.java:199)
   at mage.abilities.TriggeredAbilityImpl.resolve(TriggeredAbilityImpl.java:100)
   at mage.game.stack.StackAbility.resolve(StackAbility.java:107)
   at mage.game.GameImpl.resolve(GameImpl.java:1353)
   at mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:1304)
   at mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:87)
   at mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:210)
   at mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:115)
   at mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:152)
   at mage.game.GameImpl.playTurn(GameImpl.java:835)
   at mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:749)
   at mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:716)
   at mage.server.game.GameWorker.call(GameWorker.java:60)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
booot

Postby Bloolander » 25 May 2016, 23:00

The card Blade of Selves is supposed to make a token copy for each opponent that isn't the defending player, but the effect is creating a token to attack the defending player as well. This leads to each oppnent receiving an attacking token coming at them and the defending player getting one as well when they should only have the original creature to deal with.
Bloolander

Postby killswitch69698 » 25 May 2016, 23:45

i was playing a 4 way ffa commander game. i had Tajuru Preserver in play and an opponent played merciless executioner and i was forced to sac a creature even though i had tajuru in play.

ps. tryed to upload game log but the cite was telling me this "The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector."
killswitch69698

Postby killswitch69698 » 26 May 2016, 04:29

Mayaei's aria put a +1 +1 on all my permanents (non land creatures and enchantments), also nomad mythtmaker let me pick and aura card in my grave then i paid the 1 white then i had to pick the aura again but it wouldnt let me pick on ( yes it asked to pick the aura twice) and still couldnt upload the log because "The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector."
killswitch69698

Postby Doctor Weird » 26 May 2016, 04:42

Go to Pastebin and paste the log there, then post the link(s) here putting some spaces between the dots so as to keep the forum's filter from detecting it as a URL. The inability to post URLs goes away after you have five posts, by the way.

And I haven't tried myself, but my guess is that the second time Nomad Mythmaker's ability asked you to make a choice it wasn't asking you to pick the aura again, it was meant for you to pick a creature to attach said aura to.
Doctor Weird

Postby Iroald » 26 May 2016, 06:00

Accursed Witch stays in the graveyard, though it's transformed version appears on the battlefield anyway.
Iroald

Postby python2048 » 26 May 2016, 16:32

I cast Dromoka's Command on first striking 5/5 creature (the golem from a Blade Splicer with 2 +1/+1 counters on it with the original Blade Splicer still on the field) with modes of add +1/+1 counter and fight opponent's Wurmcoil Engine. Both creatures died during fighting (mine should have lived), though I don't recall if my opponent gained life.

Also my Blade of Selves makes an extra token for the person the original creature is attacking.
python2048

Postby Doctor Weird » 26 May 2016, 17:14

python2048 wrote:I cast Dromoka's Command on first striking 5/5 creature (the golem from a Blade Splicer with 2 +1/+1 counters on it with the original Blade Splicer still on the field) with modes of add +1/+1 counter and fight opponent's Wurmcoil Engine. Both creatures died during fighting (mine should have lived), though I don't recall if my opponent gained life.
If I'm understanding your scenario correctly, the fight was between a 6/6 first striking golem and a 6/6 deathtouching, lifelinking Wurmcoil Engine, right? If so then both dying is correct, because First Strike only works for combat damage, which the fighting mechanic is not. The golem deals 6 damage to the wurm, which kills it, and the wurm deals 6 damage to the golem, which also kills it (both because the golem has 6 toughness and because the wurm has Deathtouch, which does work for damage outside combat), and the wurm's controller gains 6 life, since Lifelink also works outside of combat.
Doctor Weird

Postby warum » 28 May 2016, 12:50

Night Soil was able to make a token when Ground Seal was in play, bypassing the 'exile 2 creatures in a graveyard' cost entirely.
warum

Postby tuberov » 28 May 2016, 21:07

Night Soil doesn't target the creatures in the graveyard so Ground Seal doesn't stop it.
tuberov

Postby PAMO » 29 May 2016, 02:17

Reflecting Pool does not interact with Gemstone Caverns, either with or without the luck counter.
PAMO

Postby Doctor Weird » 29 May 2016, 02:48

tuberov wrote:Night Soil doesn't target the creatures in the graveyard so Ground Seal doesn't stop it.
That's true, Night Soil doesn't do any targeting, so Ground Seal shouldn't interfere in any way, except the problem warum describes is that when you activate the Soil and pay {1} a pop-up window shows up telling you that cards in graveyards can't be the target of spells or abilities, which it shouldn't since you were not going to target any cards anyway, and after you dismiss the warning the ability just carries on to the stack without exiling the cards for the cost. I dug up my little Saprolings deck today and tried it out to confirm.

I was wondering which one of the two was the culprit and it seems to be the Night Soil, at line 57, using TargetCardInASingleGraveyard. The Soil never uses the word "target" in its text, unlike Necrogenesis, for example.

Edit: so I got even more curious and started digging a little deeper. It seems there are a lot of cards on XMage using "target" when picking stuff from the grave even though their oracle text does not. The soon-to-be-added Thelon of Havenwood seems to do this too, targeting cards in the grave even though its text does not say "target" for the ability's cost. Assuming I'm not jumping to conclusions here and that things like TargetCardInASingleGraveyard and TargetCardInYourGraveyard are indeed the problem because they count as targeting on XMage's code, there's a long list of cards needing correcting. I stopped looking them up when I realized this wasn't an isolated case and because I could very well just be understanding it wrong and this is not the problem at all, but if some dev with the knowledge can confirm if I'm right I don't mind finishing checking anyway and list the cards for you guys (just don't want to waste everyone's time even more by listing them all up and then turns out it's not the way that I'm thinking at all).

Finally, if my understanding is correct, it seems that one card that might be doing it right is Back from the Brink, where it has "target.setNotTarget(true)" at line 81, which I'm guessing is meant to tell the code "pretend like this isn't actually a target for rule purposes", or something along those lines. But again, I'm throwing far too many guesses at this point, I'll just shut up and let one of you devs check on it.
Doctor Weird

PreviousNext

Return to XMage