It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:07

Text Size

New public server : xmage.tahiti.one:443

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

New public server : xmage.tahiti.one:443

Postby swaakx » 13 May 2016, 06:03

Hi there !

I'm the owner of a server with lots of RAM and fair amount of bandwidth quota and I wanted to contribute to the project. I created a new server listening to port 443. For your information, the second socket port is bound to 80... So this server should be firewall friendly :) (unless your firewall have IPS enabled).

The hostname of this server is 'xmage.tahiti.one'

The (main) listening port is 443.

I allocated 7GB of RAM to the program.

I'm eventually looking for administrator for this server since I don't think I will have any time to complete this task.
swaakx

Re: New public server : xmage.tahiti.one:443

Postby Doctor Weird » 13 May 2016, 15:30

I noticed the server doesn't have registrations enabled, not sure if that's intentional or not, just thought I'd point that out.

Also, you're missing out on a great opportunity to make the server's description (on the MotD, or something) read "Tahiti One, it's a magical server." :lol:

Okay, okay, I couldn't resist, it seemed too perfect and fitting of a phrase, I'll keep the obscure references no one will get to myself now, haha.
Doctor Weird

Return to XMage