It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:39

Text Size

server down?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

server down?

Postby CELTICDADDY77 » 13 Jun 2016, 13:25

I have ben trying to connect and get on since yesterday June 12th, it keeps telling me the server may be down. Last time I had this much of a problem, you had just changed to the new client.

Also,

Mana reflections says: 'when you tap a permanent for mana, add one more of that color that it produces" Currently this only adds extra mana for lands. I run a druid deck under Seton. Seton says: "tap an untapped druid and produce 1 green mana" Mana reflection should be adding an additional green mana when I tap an untapped druid.

Celticdaddy77
CELTICDADDY77

Re: server down?

Postby Doctor Weird » 13 Jun 2016, 14:00

If you mean xmage.de then at this moment I can say it's not down, as I was able to connect just now and there were a little over 300 players connected as well.

CELTICDADDY77 wrote:Mana reflections says: 'when you tap a permanent for mana, add one more of that color that it produces" Currently this only adds extra mana for lands. I run a druid deck under Seton. Seton says: "tap an untapped druid and produce 1 green mana" Mana reflection should be adding an additional green mana when I tap an untapped druid.
There's a specific thread for bug reports on each new XMage version, the one for the current one is here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=18672

But regardless, what you describe there is not actually a bug. First, Mana Reflection doesn't say "add one more of that color", it says "it produces twice as much of that mana instead", that's the difference between a, for example, Flooded Grove producing {G} {G} {G} or producing {G} {G} {G} {G} (one more versus twice as much). Which doesn't really matter for Seton, Krosan Protector anyway because he doesn't fall under the criteria for Mana Reflection to affect him. It's a bit of tricky wording there but when the Reflection says "if you tap a permanent for mana" it means the permanent generating the mana itself by paying a {T} in its ability's cost. Since Seton's ability does not involve a {T} in its cost at all it's not affected. And no, tapping Seton to his own ability doesn't double the mana either, because while it does get around things like summoning sickness it still doesn't involve a {T} in its cost.

For reference:
Gatherer wrote:5/1/2008 You’re “tapping a permanent for mana” only if you’re activating an activated ability of that permanent that includes the {T} symbol in its cost and produces mana as part of its effect.
Doctor Weird

Postby Dynamo345 » 13 Jun 2016, 16:18

yea I'm getting the same problem

hes talking about woogerworks server I believe

I sent them a email and I got this back

Yes. The provider that hosts the VPS is experiencing issues and as of right now there is no ETA on its return. Judging by the responses I'm getting from the provider the server may need a complete reload.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
so we might need to wait a little bit before we can play again
Dynamo345

Postby escplan9 » 13 Jun 2016, 22:17

You can just use the XMage.de server. Everyone is allowed to use it. I understand the Woogerworks server is temporarily down and it's beyond our control at this time. You don't need to wait for Woogerworks to come back up to play on XMage though - XMage.de server is fine.
escplan9

Postby Dynamo345 » 13 Jun 2016, 23:43

escplan9 wrote:You can just use the XMage.de server. Everyone is allowed to use it. I understand the Woogerworks server is temporarily down and it's beyond our control at this time. You don't need to wait for Woogerworks to come back up to play on XMage though - XMage.de server is fine.
really the Germany area has americans playings?

but doesn't matter big problem is

I remember most a the password but a few words

and I can't send the request new password thing because of not being connected.
Dynamo345

Postby escplan9 » 14 Jun 2016, 00:13

Yes, I am an american playing on XMage.de, it does not matter. You have to register for a new account on XMage.de anyways - the user database is separate on each server. XMage.de does not recognize an account on Woogerworks and vice versa.
escplan9

Postby Dynamo345 » 14 Jun 2016, 20:44

kudos I'm back in business
Dynamo345

Return to XMage