It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:40

Text Size

Need help setting up Java IDE for X-Mage

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Need help setting up Java IDE for X-Mage

Postby ShivaFang » 25 Jun 2016, 01:20

Hello,
I'm interested in working on a better AI for my own use in helping me test decks, I understood that X-Mage was open source and that would allow me to tinker with it.

However, I am having trouble setting up the IDE to do this with. I don't normally use Java so I feel a little lost here.

I've chosen Eclipse as my IDE, since I used it for a C++ project a few years ago. If there is a better (free!) one to use with X-mage let me know.

I've downloaded the source, but when I import the source into my project in Eclipse the source shows 661706 errors! I'm baffled by this, since I can't compile my own classes with all the errors.

I'm clearly doing something wrong and I'm not sure how to continue with the project. I suspect it may have something to do with the custom build of Java you use.

Any help would be appreciated.
ShivaFang

Re: Need help setting up Java IDE for X-Mage

Postby ShivaFang » 25 Jun 2016, 04:55

Okay! I got it to import properly from the JARs. I was originally trying to import the JARs but I couldn't get it to work so I thought I needed the whole source.

Looks like I was correct, though, and I only needed the JARs.
ShivaFang

Postby escplan9 » 25 Jun 2016, 11:30

Check out the XMage Developer Getting started guide for assistance with learning the framework and getting everything configured properly:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ng-Started

Also check out the Developer Talk sub-forum for discussion on any development related issues:
viewforum.php?f=116
escplan9

Postby ShivaFang » 25 Jun 2016, 15:26

Thanks! I was looking for a Developer Getting started guide but I was unable to find it on my own.
ShivaFang

Return to XMage