It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:06

Text Size

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.14

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports xmage 1.4.14

Postby LevelX » 13 Aug 2016, 08:22

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.14 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
* Fixed that token images were not loaded.
* Fixed a problem with token P/T reset (fixes the problem with Tree of Perdition and Soul Separator).

* Mayael's Aria - Fixed that the +1/+1 counter was added to every controlled permanent instead of only creature permanents.
* Necromancer's Magemark - Fixed replacement effect that was coded as triggered ability.
* Orcish Spy - Fixed that the activated ability did not work.
* Tree of Perdition: fixed so only toughness is exchanged with opponent's life total.
* Tree of Redemption - Fixed that the set toughness from exchange was still applied after zone changes.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.14

Postby fireshoes » 13 Aug 2016, 11:14

Just a heads up to users that Kaya, Ghost Assassin doesn't work completely as intended yet. If you target a creature with her zero ability, you won't have a choice between exiling the target or her.
fireshoes

Postby escplan9 » 13 Aug 2016, 11:36

With some saved decks, the basic lands are not loading. For example, my EDH deck:
http://pastebin.com/1BMrejyz

Everything loads except for the basics:
9 [BFZ:260] Swamp
11 [BFZ:265] Mountain

When I manually added the lands back in, I was able to save and the deck was able to load after then. However, when I look at the new deck file I see:

11 [BFZ:269a] Mountain
9 [BFZ:262a] Swamp

so the card naming has changed for some basics?
was BFZ:260 swamp and BFZ:265 mountain
now BFZ:262a swamp and BFZ:269a mountain

Confirmed some BFZ lands had their card number changed:
"The bfz lands have had their card number changed to show the correct art
That is why they have a or b in card number"
escplan9

Token images not showing after last update

Postby Mnk » 13 Aug 2016, 20:39

Since last update (1.4.14v0) Token images stop showing for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or knows a way to solve it?

Thanks!

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.14v0
Mnk

Postby Grahf » 14 Aug 2016, 11:52

All my decks are invalid for play.

escplan9: Seeing as other players have been able to play without problem we need more details. Open your decks in Deck Editor - do they look right there? Check the land count for instance. Make any changes needed and re-save if something isn't right. Otherwise, what is the specific message you get when you try to play? Mention the format and paste your decklist to http://pastebin.com/ as well so we can investigate further.
Grahf

Postby scootaloo009 » 14 Aug 2016, 18:37

Something needs to change with the commander set up for one important reason: wish cards. They do not work with the current set up, because they draw from the sideboard, but commander decks can't have a sideboard currently, so they fizzle and don't do anything. This affects coax from the blind eternities and spawnsire of ulamog as well.
scootaloo009

Postby scootaloo009 » 14 Aug 2016, 19:08

I encountered an annoying glitch that violates basic MTG rules. My opponent was attacking with his creatures. Combat moved to blockers, and I blocked one creature. That resolved. Then we both cast some spells, and the result of that was my creature was no longer there. However, I still took damage, which violates rule 509 of the comprehensive rules. Once a creature is blocked, it is blocked.

escplan9: Do you have a game log? Perhaps one of his creatures had trample or was granted trample for instance, in which case there could still be damage to the defending player from removing the blocker.

Sorry, I don't have a log. I know trample would go through, but the creature did not have trample. They only had Isamaru, Relic Seeker a 3rd creature that I forget the name of but was some sort of cleric, and sword of the animist equipped to Isamaru. But it was a white deck, and white has basically no way to give trample to creatures except through equipment but his only equipment didn't give trample.
scootaloo009

Postby apocolyps6 » 15 Aug 2016, 05:46

I think there is a bug in the way that prowl interacts with cost reduction.

I attacked with my Goblin Warchief (no blocks) and attempted to cast an Earwig Squad post combat. I chose to pay the prowl cost, and was asked to pay 2B. The correct cost would be 1B.

The appropriate ruling can be found on Frogtosser Banneret.

4/1/2008: The effect reduces the total cost of the spell, regardless of whether you chose to pay additional or alternative costs. For example, if you cast a Rogue spell by paying its prowl cost, Frogtosser Banneret causes that spell to cost {1} less.
apocolyps6

Postby Xemyr » 15 Aug 2016, 10:22

There is a bug in interaction with Forcefield and infect cards. In an EDH game someone attempted to Forcefield a Blightsteel Colossus. Due to errata this should have reduced damage taken to one, and thus given him only one poison counter, but he was instantly wiped out.
Xemyr

Postby HarePaiR » 15 Aug 2016, 17:04

I play localserver drafts with my brother often, and we have noticed that duplicate rares are popping up alarmingly often. For a while I chalked this up to confirmation bias (duplicate rares certainly are possible, after all, especially if all 24 packs are identical), but we started keeping track, and at least 50% of our last drafts (20+) have at least one duplicate rare (often a duplicate mythic, often more than one duplicate rare). I haven't done the math, but I'm fairly certain this is far more than expected value. We draft with 6 draftbots, so it's possible that the number of duplicates is higher than we've observed. Example: Last draft contained at least 2 duplicate planeswalkers and 2 duplicate rares (3 different pack format, so the duplicates were also generated at the same time). Again, certainly not impossible, but mathematically unlikely, and coming up rather frequently.

This bug is not new as of 1.4.14, but I wasn't suspicious enough to report it before. Perhaps there is some user error on my part, or there is something wrong with Java's OS X random number generator (if all packs are seeded based on system time or something like that).

Anyway, I thought I would mention it.

escplan9: Could you provide a little more details - what sets boosters were used in these drafts? It might just be specific to certain set's boosters.

For that specific example, we were doing an DGM/GTC/RTR draft, but we have also experienced it with Eldritch Moon/Eldritch Moon/Shadows, Mirrodin Besieged, Triple ROE, Dark Ascension/INN INN, INNx3 - pretty sure it is not restricted to this format (we have been drafting all over the place, thanks so much for making that possible! :D)
Last edited by HarePaiR on 16 Aug 2016, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
HarePaiR

Postby KillSwitch » 15 Aug 2016, 23:19

The card Needle Drop does not work. If I have the mana up for it it does not highlight as purple and I cant cast it. I also cant pre tap mana to cast it.

escplan9: Sometimes cards do not highlight when you can use them. However, you should be able to cast it as long as its condition is met "Needle Drop deals 1 damage to target creature or player that was dealt damage this turn."
KillSwitch

Postby booot » 16 Aug 2016, 15:31

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/123 ... server.log

I run momir basic game "human vs ai".
So I see Game resolving momir ability but game put not token onto the battlefield.
I saw that server logs above link.

Removing db, and restart game so fix, but a little later I see same thing...
booot

Postby booot » 16 Aug 2016, 15:47

Goblin Artisans can activate while there are no artifact spell on stack...

escplan9: here is where the original text makes it clearer how it should function: "Use this ability only when you cast a target artifact spell; play this ability as an interrupt. Flip a coin...." will need to rework this card
booot

Postby bfbonatto » 16 Aug 2016, 19:37

After downloading the extra Symbols the mana symbols don't load. I'll include an image.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 4.36.10 PM.png
bfbonatto

Postby Googolplex » 17 Aug 2016, 01:14

I have two bugs to report.

The first one is an interaction between Silverfur Partisan and Mirrorwing Dragon. When spells are copied to any wolves by Mirrorwing Dragon with Silverfur Partisan in play, those spells do not trigger Silverfur Partisan's ability, and no wolf tokens are produced. This was in a vs Human game and I believe it happened to me vs AI as well once. I believe this interaction works fine with Zada, Hedron Grinder and Silverfur Partisan, so it should be the same.

Not fixed yet

Another one is an interaction between Tree of Perdition and Soul Separator in a vs Human game. When I exiled Tree of Perdition using Soul Separator's ability, I should have gotten a 1/1 token with Tree of Perdition's tap ability, and a 0/13 token with no abilities. However, I instead got the 0/13 token with no abilities and then another token which looked to be an exact copy of Tree of Perdition. When using this copy's ability, it functioned exactly as Tree of Perdition's ability, bringing the opponent down to 13 life. However, it should have been a 1/1 with a tap ability that exchanges its toughness with the opponent's life, meaning it should bring the opponent down to 1 life.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.14v0

Edit: Just discovered another bug. When using Tree of Perdition's ability, rather than exchanging its toughness with the opponents life total, it exchanges both power and toughness. So I used it on my opponent who had 21 life, and rather than becoming a 0/21, it became a 21/21. This was against a human.
escplan9: this last one where it gains power and toughness has been fixed beyond 1.4.14v0. The rest have been noted as issues that should be fixed.
Googolplex

Next

Return to XMage