It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:24

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.19 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.19 SOFTWARE

Postby cheddarsuave » 04 Jan 2017, 19:25

At my end of turn, with Obzedat, Ghost Council 's trigger on the stack, my opponent kills it with an instant speed removal spell (Go for the Throat, etc). I am still able to click through the options and Obzedat comes back at the beginning of my next upkeep. I believe this is bugged and it should be put into the graveyard (or command zone) instead.
cheddarsuave

Postby Ravine » 04 Jan 2017, 23:33

I was playing 1-vs-1 Commander with another human player. I attacked with Narset, Enlightened Master. One of the cards exiled by its ability was Wear//Tear. The only legal target was my opponent's Mirari's Wake. I clicked on Wear//Tear. The Tear half appeared on the stack, and I chose Mirari's Wake as the target. However, the game asked me to pay one white mana to cast Tear even though Narset's ability should let me cast it without paying mana. All of my lands were tapped, so I could not pay the cost.
Ravine

Postby warum » 05 Jan 2017, 02:09

Nim Deathmantle seems to work on creatures that doesn't go to your graveyard, but are under your control, when they die.

LevelX: Fixed beyond 1.4.20V0
warum

Postby sapitobsb » 05 Jan 2017, 10:51

I just tried to deal damage to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar after it became a creature with Unlicensed Disintegration (I had Smuggler's Copter on the battlefield), but damage was prevented. I think it's wrong, since I was not trying to deal damage to the creature, but to reduce loyalty counters.
sapitobsb

Postby Doctor Weird » 05 Jan 2017, 18:07

sapitobsb wrote:I just tried to deal damage to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar after it became a creature with Unlicensed Disintegration (I had Smuggler's Copter on the battlefield), but damage was prevented. I think it's wrong, since I was not trying to deal damage to the creature, but to reduce loyalty counters.
Unlicensed Disintegration was going to deal 3 damage to your opponent and you chose to redirect that damage to one of his Planeswalkers, in this case, Gideon. Removing loyalty counters from a Planeswalker is the consequence of it receiving damage, but since all damage dealt to Gideon (the Planeswalker, or the creature, the ability doesn't care) is going to be prevented, no loyalty counters will be removed.

Relevant rules, if you want to check:
| Open
306.7. If noncombat damage would be dealt to a player by a source controlled by an opponent, that
opponent may have that source deal that damage to a planeswalker the first player controls instead.
This is a redirection effect (see rule 614.9) and is subject to the normal rules for ordering
replacement effects (see rule 616). The opponent chooses whether to redirect the damage as the
redirection effect is applied.
306.8. Damage dealt to a planeswalker results in that many loyalty counters being removed from it.
Doctor Weird

Postby cheddarsuave » 05 Jan 2017, 20:34

Issue: It seems that about half the time I try to send a message in chat, either in-game or in the lobby, it doesn't send at all (not even after a long wait). Sometimes I am able to re-type the message and it will send, but it is very spotty. I never know if my messages are going to go through.

Question: Why does my rating seem to drop a few points every day, on its own, without me losing or doing anything else? Is this intentional? It just keeps steadily dropping unless I win a rated match.
cheddarsuave

Postby cheddarsuave » 05 Jan 2017, 22:01

I can't create a working password-protected tournament. When I created one, my friend who tried to join got an error message pop-up that said "Wrong Password" right after she clicked "Join", with no chance to even enter the password. This has been a problem for a while.
cheddarsuave

Postby TripleNipple » 06 Jan 2017, 03:56

When I make a high-resolution jpeg my battlefield image, my battlefield becomes only the zoomed-in top-left corner of the jpeg. This has happened with images running from [2048 x 1366] to [6000 x 3750]. This example is the [6000 x 3750]. I included the original picture and what my battlefield became after.
Attachments
Yosemite.jpg
Yosemite Xmage.JPG
TripleNipple

Postby warum » 06 Jan 2017, 22:46

cheddarsuave wrote:Issue: It seems that about half the time I try to send a message in chat, either in-game or in the lobby, it doesn't send at all (not even after a long wait). Sometimes I am able to re-type the message and it will send, but it is very spotty. I never know if my messages are going to go through.

Question: Why does my rating seem to drop a few points every day, on its own, without me losing or doing anything else? Is this intentional? It just keeps steadily dropping unless I win a rated match.
There's an overzealous regex chat filter in place that'll make strings that contain blacklisted words, even if that sequence of letters is part of some other non-profanity. "screw", "crap" and such common words are affected. And it just removes it without giving a message that it was removed, making it look like the lag swallowed it. As far as I know it's being looked on.

There's a rating decay in place.
warum

Postby NotNotNot » 07 Jan 2017, 05:06

Return a flipped Hanweir Militia Captain to its owners hand and when replayed it still has */* power and toughness.

NotNotNot

Postby cheddarsuave » 07 Jan 2017, 19:10

Can someone explain the logic behind the "rating decay", out of curiosity?
cheddarsuave

Postby cheddarsuave » 07 Jan 2017, 19:41

warum wrote:
cheddarsuave wrote:Issue: It seems that about half the time I try to send a message in chat, either in-game or in the lobby, it doesn't send at all (not even after a long wait). Sometimes I am able to re-type the message and it will send, but it is very spotty. I never know if my messages are going to go through.

There's an overzealous regex chat filter in place that'll make strings that contain blacklisted words, even if that sequence of letters is part of some other non-profanity. "screw", "crap" and such common words are affected. And it just removes it without giving a message that it was removed, making it look like the lag swallowed it. As far as I know it's being looked on.
I just experienced an in-game chat where "gg" wouldn't go through, even right after my opponent sent the exact same message. So it's more than just a profanity filter.
cheddarsuave

Postby warum » 07 Jan 2017, 22:31

cheddarsuave wrote:Can someone explain the logic behind the "rating decay", out of curiosity?
It prevents someone going up to 1800 rating, stop playing for a year, and coming back to that same rating. It's implied that your rating goes down if you don't play.
warum

Postby acinx » 08 Jan 2017, 03:43

Implement of Ferocity (new Aether Revolt card) puts unity counters instead of +1/+1 counters on creatures. Also Caught in the Brights 2nd effect (the exile) triggers on everyone's vehicle attacking, not just its owner.

acinx

Postby sapitobsb » 09 Jan 2017, 11:19

Doctor Weird wrote:
sapitobsb wrote:I just tried to deal damage to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar after it became a creature with Unlicensed Disintegration (I had Smuggler's Copter on the battlefield), but damage was prevented. I think it's wrong, since I was not trying to deal damage to the creature, but to reduce loyalty counters.
Unlicensed Disintegration was going to deal 3 damage to your opponent and you chose to redirect that damage to one of his Planeswalkers, in this case, Gideon. Removing loyalty counters from a Planeswalker is the consequence of it receiving damage, but since all damage dealt to Gideon (the Planeswalker, or the creature, the ability doesn't care) is going to be prevented, no loyalty counters will be removed.

Relevant rules, if you want to check:
| Open
306.7. If noncombat damage would be dealt to a player by a source controlled by an opponent, that
opponent may have that source deal that damage to a planeswalker the first player controls instead.
This is a redirection effect (see rule 614.9) and is subject to the normal rules for ordering
replacement effects (see rule 616). The opponent chooses whether to redirect the damage as the
redirection effect is applied.
306.8. Damage dealt to a planeswalker results in that many loyalty counters being removed from it.
I stand correct

Thanks dude
sapitobsb

Previous

Return to XMage