It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:11

Text Size

MAGE FAQ

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MAGE FAQ

Postby Noobshock » 27 Jun 2013, 02:15

Hello and first off thanks for your efforts on this program which looks very promising.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the basic land pictures to show in MAGE properly. It must be something that I didn't see about the naming conventions, but I've tried looking for hours in different places trying different things, brackets, parentheses, what have you, and still can't get my basic lands to show (I'm trying to get them to work with the M13 set). If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, be my guest.

Thanks again and good luck with the future of the software!
Noobshock

Postby LevelX » 27 Jun 2013, 06:13

Noobshock wrote:Hello and first off thanks for your efforts on this program which looks very promising.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the basic land pictures to show in MAGE properly. It must be something that I didn't see about the naming conventions, but I've tried looking for hours in different places trying different things, brackets, parentheses, what have you, and still can't get my basic lands to show (I'm trying to get them to work with the M13 set). If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, be my guest.

Thanks again and good luck with the future of the software!
I'm not sure, if I got your problem right. You only have problems to see the images of the basic lands and other images are visible?

The images for the standard lands are downloaded and shown like any other card image by using the menu "Images" on the upper right side of the mage window. Once downloaded all basic land images should be shown. Yesterday http://magiccards.info/ was temporarily offline, maybe you tried to download the images during that time.
If you try to show your own images instad of the downloaded one (maybe that's your demand), you only have to replace the existing images with your own images in the appropriate folder you use for the images (default: [your_client_folder]\plugins\images\[set_name]\[card_name].jpg). Basic land have also a number suffix (1,2,3 ...) to show the different images of a basic land in a set. The used folder can be changed in the preferences of the mage client. Also if you use zipped images (adjustable in the preferences) you can do the same in the zip archives.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Noobshock » 27 Jun 2013, 11:36

Apologies for the confusion, but I finally figured it out late last night. I had downloaded HQ pics which used Forest1, Forest2, Forest3 etc as file names in multiple sets, but what I needed to use was the multiple-digit numbers found as reference on magiccardsdotinfo, for example Mountain.259, Mountain.260 etc etc.

Took a while to figure it out since almost all the other cards in those HQ sets were displaying properly and it was confusing me. Thanks for your response anyway.
Noobshock

Postby ScoobieDoom » 30 Jun 2013, 07:51

Hi,

I was wondering how to access the Commander play style offered by MAGE. How do I build a commander deck that will have a general in the "Command zone" of the game?

Thanks
ScoobieDoom

Postby LevelX » 30 Jun 2013, 08:01

ScoobieDoom wrote:Hi,

I was wondering how to access the Commander play style offered by MAGE. How do I build a commander deck that will have a general in the "Command zone" of the game?

Thanks
It's not possible yet. We only did implement some parts of commander format.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Oninaig » 15 Jul 2013, 14:25

Question, I was trying to play against the AI in a draft, and after finishing the deck building phase, it brought me to the player name list and all 3 computer players were "auto eliminated."

What is that?
Oninaig

Postby LevelX » 15 Jul 2013, 14:56

Oninaig wrote:Question, I was trying to play against the AI in a draft, and after finishing the deck building phase, it brought me to the player name list and all 3 computer players were "auto eliminated."

What is that?
Probably you selected "Computer - draftbot" as AI opponents. They are only used to fill up a slot of a draft tournament if a human player is missing and autoconcede after the draft.

If you want AI opponents that draft and play you have to select "Computer - mad".
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Oninaig » 15 Jul 2013, 14:59

Ah I see. I assumed that "draftbot" was for drafts :P
Oninaig

Postby LevelX » 15 Jul 2013, 15:01

Oninaig wrote:Ah I see. I assumed that "draftbot" was for drafts :P
"draftbot" is for draft. :-)
Only draft.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Oninaig » 15 Jul 2013, 18:21

How do you resume a game once you accidentally return to the "games" menu?
Oninaig

Postby LevelX » 15 Jul 2013, 18:44

Oninaig wrote:How do you resume a game once you accidentally return to the "games" menu?
You select the game from the menu items of the "Windows" menu on the right side of the top bar.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby seedds » 27 Jul 2013, 05:25

Does files like "som.txt" in directory "\Utils\picks" control how draftbot picks each card.
Can I add something like "mma.txt" to refine how ai picks each card during MMA draft?

Thank you for this awesome project.
seedds

Postby seedds » 30 Jul 2013, 12:30

seedds wrote:Does files like "som.txt" in directory "\Utils\picks" control how draftbot picks each card.
Can I add something like "mma.txt" to refine how ai picks each card during MMA draft?

After further reading with my limited program skill, is code "readFromFile("/m13.csv")" in RateCard.java file used to control how computer picks card?

If so, where should I put this csv file.
seedds

Postby seedds » 30 Jul 2013, 15:56

seedds wrote:
seedds wrote:Does files like "som.txt" in directory "\Utils\picks" control how draftbot picks each card.

After further reading with my limited program skill, is code "readFromFile("/m13.csv")" in RateCard.java file used to control how computer picks card?

If so, where should I put this csv file.
It seems that the file must be placed in the right directory when compiling.
seedds

Postby gktr » 01 Oct 2013, 05:14

Hi there. Is it possible to host mage server on dynamic IP ?
gktr

PreviousNext

Return to XMage