It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:52

Text Size

Xmage Server Setup Issues

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Xmage Server Setup Issues

Postby Guardial » 14 Jun 2023, 03:04

Hello all,

I've been messing with getting an xmage server set up for a couple of hours now, and I'm running into issues with connections from outside of the xmage server host.

If I run the client locally, on the computer hosting the xmage server, I can connect. Connections on the same LAN fail.

The top part of my server config is set as follows:
Code: Select all
<server serverAddress="[XmageddnsName]"
            serverName="pitinni-mage"
            port="17173"
            secondaryBindPort="17172"
I created a static DNS entry with noIP, my hosts file is configured as:
[LocalIp]   [XmageddnsName]
I have created manual entries in my local firewall to allow traffic, UDP and TCP both, to ports 17173 and 17172.

Using netstat, it states that the server is listening on both ports:
  [java.exe]
  TCP    [LocalIp]:17172        [AllZeros]:0              LISTENING
  TCP    [LocalIp]:17173        [AllZeros]:0              LISTENING
On another computer when I launch the xmage client and attempt to connect, it just tells me that it failed because the server is likely offline.

I tried using Test-NetConnection in powershell on the non-local client to the xmage server, but it doesn't get a TCP response. Again, my firewall is specifically allowing these ports - so that is not blocking the connection.

Can anyone assist me here? Maybe I'm missing something obvious somewhere.... Thanks in advance! (Also sorry for replacing every IP/hostname with bracketed descriptors, new users can put in DNS or IP addresses...)
Guardial

Return to XMage