It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:14

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby Finbez » 04 Dec 2015, 03:08

Would it be possible to change the mana payment for spells to be something like MTGO? That is, you tap for the mana and then click on the card which then automatically consumes whatever mana was in the pool to cast it. This is mostly to bypass the issue where if you misclick a card, it'll go on the stack, awaiting mana payment, where the opponent can see it. This happens even if it's something you can't pay for so I could conceivably accidentally reveal my 4 drop on turn 1 just cause of a misclick.
Finbez

Postby DiMiaN » 16 Dec 2015, 14:28

Is there a playmat thread here somewhere? Anyway I'm using this playmat for playing:
http://imgur.com/Tw2kPnv
Works with 1920x1080 res

I could always resize it to fit other res too...

EDIT: Come to think of; it would be nice to have the stages displayed @ the blue bar instead of top right corner. :)
DiMiaN

Postby QuoVadis » 16 Jan 2016, 06:16

can you please add the card "tears of rage" to the game? thank you in advance
QuoVadis

Postby gmzombie » 16 Jan 2016, 17:18

I know this has been talked before but i'm just wondering if there is a chance to have someone update the AI engine a little bit. I love to play against the computer a lot to test decks but i always get to the point where its just easy to win because the computer doesn't want to block even if it is about to die. It doesn't seem to take into consideration the life total and will only block if its creatures will survive the block. Maybe even something as simple as if life_total >10 block all creatures. I will say i'm no coder but have been helping with whatever i can in the manalink 3.0 forum that is non code. Anyways thats the only thing i can think of that would make this game better as i cant always get onto the net to play games but still like to test a bit.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby muppet » 28 Jan 2016, 15:56

AI plays Hangarback Walker for zero at the first opportunity it can.

Blocking doesn't seem any different after the blocking update.

I know ai isn't a priority but thought i'd add these as obvious problems that might be easy to stop.
muppet
Tester

Postby kroot » 28 Jan 2016, 17:28

I'd love to get some sort of "always yield" functionality implemented.

Playing Storm in Modern, there are a *lot* of triggered abilities that I always want to resolve (Ascension triggers). I love that I can automatically add counters/copy spells, but it would be even better if I could just always yield to the triggers that copy/add counters, similar to how it's done on MTGO.
kroot

Postby LevelX » 29 Jan 2016, 11:15

kroot wrote:I'd love to get some sort of "always yield" functionality implemented.

Playing Storm in Modern, there are a *lot* of triggered abilities that I always want to resolve (Ascension triggers). I love that I can automatically add counters/copy spells, but it would be even better if I could just always yield to the triggers that copy/add counters, similar to how it's done on MTGO.
Try the "right mouse button" menus for triggered abilities or automatic usage of "Yes" "No" buttons to set the automatic options to use an effect.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Miinoda » 30 Jan 2016, 12:37

Hey,

Could you please add the MTG Tournament Rule 2.5 (End-of-Match Procedure), which says When the played Time is over, then there are 5 extra turns(shortly said).(Can't Link it, because of the Spamfilter)

You could add this as an option, which can be enabled and disabled.

Thanks
Miinoda

Postby Lockwert » 13 Feb 2016, 14:14

It would be nice to add the option to ask the other player if he allows for the timer to be paused, if it isn't present already.
Lockwert

Postby PhnxZ » 21 Feb 2016, 14:38

Is it possible to add a column in the match browser showing if the game has a password?
PhnxZ

Postby Heris » 21 Feb 2016, 15:02

When there are many cards on playtable XMage resizes the cards, of course, but also resizes their name and power/toughness so they are almost impossible to read, i've enclosed a screenshot; this won't happen before update.
Would be possible to set the font of name and p/t to a fixed size like before update or maybe as a option?

Thanks to developers for their work
Attachments
Clipboard04.jpg
Heris

Postby LevelX » 21 Feb 2016, 15:55

PhnxZ wrote:Is it possible to add a column in the match browser showing if the game has a password?
You see this in the status column by the added " PW" at the end.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby JBcaesar » 02 Mar 2016, 14:38

Hello,

When you have to "name a card" for a permanent (Phyrexian Revoker, Pithing Needle...), the games asks you to do it before it enters the BF instead of just after. This isn't relevant in most cases, but when your opponent resolves a Show and Tell, you don't get to see what he chooses and have to name blindly (which caused me to name Griselbrand when I should have named Sneak Attack :( )

JBcaesar

Postby Doctor Weird » 02 Mar 2016, 15:06

JBcaesar wrote:
| Open
Hello,

When you have to "name a card" for a permanent (Phyrexian Revoker, Pithing Needle...), the games asks you to do it before it enters the BF instead of just after. This isn't relevant in most cases, but when your opponent resolves a Show and Tell, you don't get to see what he chooses and have to name blindly (which caused me to name Griselbrand when I should have named Sneak Attack :( )

While you're right that there is an order in which player's should name their cards, in this case, active player goes first and then everyone else in turn order, in the specific case of Show and Tell you shouldn't be able to know what your opponent(s) choose before making your choice anyway. In paper Magic what would happen is that each player makes their choice and sets their card aside, face down, in a way that separates and distinguishes it from the other cards in their hand, and only after everyone made their choice do they reveal the cards, simultaneously.

Gatherer wrote:4/1/2008 The current player chooses first, then each other player chooses in turn order. A player does not have to reveal the chosen card, so long as it is clear *which* card was chosen. After all choices are made, the cards are put onto the battlefield simultaneously.
Source
Doctor Weird

Postby JBcaesar » 02 Mar 2016, 19:15

@Doctor Weird

I agree with you, but my problem comes after that.
English not being my main language, it will be easier for me to use an example, sorry.

What happens in Magic IRL :
1) Player A resolves S&T
2) Player A chooses a card and put it face down separate from his/her hand (Griselbrand)
3) Player N chooses a card and put it face down separate from his/her hand (Phyrexian Revoker)
4) Both players reveals their chosen cards and put them simultaneously in the BF
5) Player N have to name a card for Phyrexian Revoker
6) Player A receives the priority

In Xmage, step 5 happens before step 4
JBcaesar

PreviousNext

Return to XMage