It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:50

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby Karaya » 10 Sep 2016, 22:43

I have been playing for a while now, and the thing that annoys me the most is the following.

If im on " To end step" in my opponents turn (since there is no "to combat" or something and i dont want to click done every time) and my opponent attacks me with creatures, it automatically stops in the declare blockers step. So far so good. BUT even though i have priority and everything, i can NOT cast any instant spells. What the hell ? If i dont always remember that i MIGHT want to cast an instant when im attacked and dont use "to end step" i just take the damage because why should i be able to cast a path or whateverl :( .

Is there any way to get that fixed in one of the next patches ?
Karaya

Postby Doctor Weird » 11 Sep 2016, 00:53

Karaya wrote:I have been playing for a while now, and the thing that annoys me the most is the following.

If im on " To end step" in my opponents turn (since there is no "to combat" or something and i dont want to click done every time) and my opponent attacks me with creatures, it automatically stops in the declare blockers step. So far so good. BUT even though i have priority and everything, i can NOT cast any instant spells. What the hell ? If i dont always remember that i MIGHT want to cast an instant when im attacked and dont use "to end step" i just take the damage because why should i be able to cast a path or whateverl :( .

XMage stops you at the declare blockers step, where you're only supposed to declare blockers, not play anything. If you don't care about blockers and just want to play some removal then at this point just disable the "To End Step" and click done, this will take you to the next step after declaring blockers but before damage calculation, where players can cast instants and activate abilities, which is when most defending players usually play their removal. After you're done, just activate F9 again.
Doctor Weird

Postby Dynamo345 » 11 Sep 2016, 01:33

i would like a way to tap the lands for mana faster
Dynamo345

Postby Karaya » 11 Sep 2016, 08:19

Doctor Weird wrote:
Karaya wrote:I have been playing for a while now, and the thing that annoys me the most is the following.

XMage stops you at the declare blockers step, where you're only supposed to declare blockers, not play anything. If you don't care about blockers and just want to play some removal then at this point just disable the "To End Step" and click done, this will take you to the next step after declaring blockers but before damage calculation, where players can cast instants and activate abilities, which is when most defending players usually play their removal. After you're done, just activate F9 again.
Is that so ? I thought directly after that comes damage calculation and you take the damage anyway. Thanks ill try that.

Id still like to suggest a "to combat" skip button.
Karaya

Postby Finbez » 12 Sep 2016, 14:25

Have you guys considered making the UI center-oriented like MTGO? I find it more pleasing to the eye.
Finbez

Postby Finbez » 13 Sep 2016, 22:12

Fieldsweeper wrote:fix the fucking crashes
go be angry and unhelpful somewhere else, whiner.
Finbez

Postby Sunamon » 26 Sep 2016, 21:51

Fieldsweeper wrote:fix the fucking crashes
You should go play mtgo!
Sunamon

Postby RomajiMiltonAmulo » 29 Sep 2016, 18:19

Is there an extension system? Could someone with coding knowledge add a format to the game?

Asking because I have some ideas, but I would like to know what challenges I would face doing so.
RomajiMiltonAmulo

Winston Draft

Postby Vokram » 02 Oct 2016, 23:04

I just discovered XMage and it's awesome, thanks to everyone who's helped develop it! Would it be possible to implement Winston Draft as a format? Winston draft is a 2 player draft format that works as follows:

1- Shuffle 90 cards (from 6 boosters or randomly selected from a cube) into a face-down pile, which we'll call the main pile.
2- Randomly choose who drafts first and make three additional face-down piles, namely A, B and C with one card each.
3- The player whose turn it is looks at pile A. He may draft it or not.
3a- If he drafts it, he replaces it with a new face-down card from the main pile.
3b- If he doesn't, he puts it back, adds a new face-down card to the pile and looks at pile B and chooses to draft it or not (he repeats steps 3a and 3b for pile B). If he doesn't draft pile B, the same process is repeated for pile C.
3c- If the player doesn't draft pile C, he adds a face-down card to it and drafts the top card of the main pile.
4- Repeat step 3 until all four piles are empty.
5- Adding lands, make 40 card decks and play.

Thanks!
Vokram

Postby All Regent » 06 Oct 2016, 04:11

Are there any plans to implement the rest of Conspiracy 2? It would be nice to have the rest of the legends available for EDH.
All Regent

Postby Dynamo345 » 06 Oct 2016, 19:34

Is it possible to put archenemy for a format in Xmage?
Dynamo345

Postby DiMiaN » 21 Oct 2016, 11:09

Can server admins for xmage.de check what time the server has the least clients connected and make server restart that time? 13:00 doesnt feel optimal.
DiMiaN

Postby shaithan » 21 Oct 2016, 20:50

Please just please FIX YOUR DAMN SERVERS!
shaithan

Postby Daramath » 27 Oct 2016, 18:51

Could you please fix the crashes that happen consistently. Its hard for people to actually enjoy the system if you cant even get a full round of games in. Perhaps instead of augmenting the visual aspect focus on the functional aspect. People want to play and not stare at a pretty UI that doesn't work.
Daramath

Postby DiMiaN » 03 Nov 2016, 10:36

Possible to add a ping sound command to opponent if he is idling x amount of minutes?
DiMiaN

PreviousNext

Return to XMage