It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:55

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby Grahf » 21 Mar 2015, 22:23

When player create Tiny leaders game, must be there TWO special choices? (deck type and game type). Many players don´t know about it, and choose only deck type as TL, and game type remains as two player duel, but then gameplay is as any constructed format (no commanders, only 20hp...).
Grahf

Postby densetsushun » 22 Mar 2015, 17:37

After using the client for roughly a year, one complaint I have(or rather, a complaint a friend of mine pointed out that I missed) is that the priority skipping is incorrect at indicating where it stops. Skipping to end step and your next turn indicates that it would stop at the attack step, but it actually doesn't stop there(meaning you lose the chance to play spells or activate abilities after attackers are declared). This causes confusion and misplays because it states that you would receive priority in the declare attackers step but you actually don't until after blockers are declared.
densetsushun

Postby tself55 » 14 Apr 2015, 00:29

Users who quit out mid-draft / sealed construction should be banned from the servers for at least 24 hours.
tself55

Postby muppet » 16 Apr 2015, 13:55

Any chance of an option when starting a game to enable "friendly" mode where undo's are possible?

If you are testing with a friend its slightly annoying to misclick and ruin the game.
muppet
Tester

Postby LevelX » 16 Apr 2015, 14:58

muppet wrote:Any chance of an option when starting a game to enable "friendly" mode where undo's are possible?

If you are testing with a friend its slightly annoying to misclick and ruin the game.
I think about a feature where you can roll back to the start of the current turn (or maybe let's say to the start of the last 4 turns). That I guess that would also fulfill your needs?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby muppet » 16 Apr 2015, 15:06

yes start of the turn is fine.
muppet
Tester

Postby varygoode » 17 Apr 2015, 14:40

Going along with the last few posts, if there's any way to make it so we can undo the last X clicks, perhaps with a hotkey or by right-clicking, that would be amazing.
varygoode

Postby SkyBoys » 02 May 2015, 11:28

Please improve so that users with small monitors like me can use this to play too. My monitor's resolution is just as big as 1024 x 800, I cannot see my hand when the game started. That would be good if I can see my hand cards when I play.

Also, make the option to place the stack somewhere else or just hide it entirely when the game started. I cannot see my hand when I need to see it all, when I still have 7-8 cards in hand at the beginning.

Thanks!
SkyBoys

Postby PalladiaMors » 02 May 2015, 20:42

Currently, when a spell or ability in the stack requires a target, you have to hover the mouse over the item on the stack in order to check what its target is. I'd rather have the arrow targets displayed by default, without having to bring the mouse over to the stack all the time. I really can't imagine there could be players annoyed by the arrows, you do usually need to know what's getting targeted, and less mouse dancing would be more comfortable, in my opinion.

In the other hand, when you declare an attack, the target arrow appears, as if the attack targeted the player, which bothers me a little bit. I'm ok with the arrows appearing in case you attack a planeswalker, because then the players must know what's going on, but when the player is attacked I'd rather not have them, because it can give people the wrong idea that attacking is targeted, which isn't true in MtG.

Nothing too important, these are mostly details I thought could add up for a more comfortable interface.
PalladiaMors

Postby boromirofborg » 03 May 2015, 21:23

The biggest thing I miss from MTGO is a draft log output to txt file so I can post my drafts for feedback.

(Unless this exists and I didn't see it.)
boromirofborg

Postby LevelX » 03 May 2015, 21:52

boromirofborg wrote:The biggest thing I miss from MTGO is a draft log output to txt file so I can post my drafts for feedback.

It does not exist.
Are there any standard formats or examples, how such a log should look like?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby blender505 » 04 May 2015, 01:34

One thing I would like would be a good way to view your (draft) deck during a tournament (other than sideboarding). Maybe even have an option to change your deck in between rounds (maybe have this as a tournament option).
blender505

Postby boromirofborg » 04 May 2015, 01:53

LevelX wrote:
boromirofborg wrote:The biggest thing I miss from MTGO is a draft log output to txt file so I can post my drafts for feedback.

It does not exist.
Are there any standard formats or examples, how such a log should look like?
Here's one of the MTGO logs with the usernames redacted.
I (and others) use them for uploading to sites like raredraft which HTMLizes it with the proper images and linking them to forums for criticism. (like some of the MTG subreddits, or mtgsalvation)

Under the MTGO preferences it lets you choose to auto save these logs for each draft, and a directory to put them in.
Attachments
draft-2015.2.21-8010291-FRFKTKKTK.txt
(8.11 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
boromirofborg

Postby LevelX » 05 May 2015, 15:24

SkyBoys wrote:Please improve so that users with small monitors like me can use this to play too. My monitor's resolution is just as big as 1024 x 800, I cannot see my hand when the game started. That would be good if I can see my hand cards when I play.

Also, make the option to place the stack somewhere else or just hide it entirely when the game started. I cannot see my hand when I need to see it all, when I still have 7-8 cards in hand at the beginning.

Thanks!
Here's described what you can do
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=13632#p162924
beside using a better sized screen.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby filipebfs » 07 May 2015, 02:17

I love the Tower format (http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazi ... ature/257b).

I leave here this suggestion for a new format.
filipebfs

PreviousNext

Return to XMage