It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:26

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby aught3 » 16 May 2015, 10:10

Great job on the program, really enjoying it.

A potential problem, I'm not too good on the rules so maybe this is working as intended.

Berserk doesn't seem to count +1/+1 counters when doubling a creatures power. For example, it only ever gives Quirion Dryad +1/+0 no matter how many counters it has. And has no impact on Cytoplast Root-Kin.
aught3

Postby emerald000 » 16 May 2015, 19:55

aught3 wrote:Berserk doesn't seem to count +1/+1 counters when doubling a creatures power. For example, it only ever gives Quirion Dryad +1/+0 no matter how many counters it has. And has no impact on Cytoplast Root-Kin.
Due to how layers work, modifications to P/T due to counters are applied after "normal" P/T boosts like Berserk.
emerald000

Postby tayfun369 » 17 May 2015, 14:59

Allow us to start a tournament when it isn't full yet.

So I can create a 16-player modern tournament and start with e.g. 10 if noone else joins.

LevelX: I like this suggestion.
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/987
tayfun369

Postby Blitkun » 19 May 2015, 04:41

I'd like to humbly suggest an addition to the Cube feature where I could use a custom list to draft. Something that could read a .dck file (generated through the Deck Editor) as a Cube List, or anything similar as that.
As of now, in order to draft a custom cube (for example, a Ravnica-themed Cube, or a Modern Masters Cube, or anything like that) I have to go to a dedicated website (such as drafts.in), make the picks and then create a decklist on Deck Editor using my card pool - then save my deck and organize a "Constructed Tournment" where my friends register their drafted decks. Such process is very cumbersome and time-consuming, and I'd really appreciate some sort of incentive for Custom Cubing.
Blitkun

Postby PalladiaMors » 19 May 2015, 23:56

I know the developers are busy right now with all the bug reports and adding new cards and everything, but some improvements I'd like to see in the future when you have time available to consider them:

a) Right now, the game timer only starts to run after the decision about which player goes first. I've seen people leave the table precisely at this point, and their timer won't run. This leaves the remaining player no choice but to eventually leave the game as well, effectively screwing up the tournament. The timer really must start running for the player who decides who goes first even before the choice is made.

b) The server chat right now is terrible, the space is just too small. That list with finished games is in my opinion useless. You could get rid of that and use all that space for a proper server chat.

c) At some point, it would be very useful to have some kind of private chat feature, so you could talk privately with a specific player.

And thanks for the great program, it's my new night hobby. Keep up the good work!
PalladiaMors

Postby LevelX » 20 May 2015, 21:34

PalladiaMors wrote:a) Right now, the game timer only starts to run after the decision about which player goes first. I've seen people leave the table precisely at this point, and their timer won't run. This leaves the remaining player no choice but to eventually leave the game as well, effectively screwing up the tournament. The timer really must start running for the player who decides who goes first even before the choice is made.
It's fixed beyond 1.4.0v0

PalladiaMors wrote:b) The server chat right now is terrible, the space is just too small. That list with finished games is in my opinion useless. You could get rid of that and use all that space for a proper server chat.
You can move the divider bars to change the chat area size. Also I think about a feature to show user posts and system posts on different tabs, that would make the user chat more easy to read.

PalladiaMors wrote:c) At some point, it would be very useful to have some kind of private chat feature, so you could talk privately with a specific player.
At least you can whisper to a user with
Code: Select all
/w [username] [Message]
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Carl Miller » 21 May 2015, 16:20

Domain expired yesterday.
Carl Miller

Postby aieie » 25 May 2015, 11:25

The implementation of IDs is quite nice, I would suggest something similar in the case there are multiple copies of a permanent in play that has the ability to exile something as long as it stays on the battlefield, like multiple oblivion rings, so people can choose the right one to remove.
aieie

Postby LevelX » 25 May 2015, 11:38

aieie wrote:The implementation of IDs is quite nice, I would suggest something similar in the case there are multiple copies of a permanent in play that has the ability to exile something as long as it stays on the battlefield, like multiple oblivion rings, so people can choose the right one to remove.
Permanents should have different IDs. With which card/effect the copies are made?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby aieie » 25 May 2015, 12:39

LevelX wrote:
aieie wrote:The implementation of IDs is quite nice, I would suggest something similar in the case there are multiple copies of a permanent in play that has the ability to exile something as long as it stays on the battlefield, like multiple oblivion rings, so people can choose the right one to remove.
Permanents should have different IDs. With which card/effect the copies are made?
They have different IDs, what I mean is the ID of the permanent is not shown in the window that groups up the exiled card/s but only its name so I should search it in the chatlog. Quite a tedious task.
aieie

Postby LevelX » 25 May 2015, 17:42

aieie wrote:They have different IDs, what I mean is the ID of the permanent is not shown in the window that groups up the exiled card/s but only its name so I should search it in the chatlog. Quite a tedious task.
I'm still not sure about your point.
You know that the tooltip includes the ID after the name (also if the tooltip is shown for cards in the exile windows)? That's not enough?

You would like to have the ID added to the name that is visible permanently while selcting cards?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby aieie » 26 May 2015, 10:00

LevelX wrote:
aieie wrote:They have different IDs, what I mean is the ID of the permanent is not shown in the window that groups up the exiled card/s but only its name so I should search it in the chatlog. Quite a tedious task.
You know that the tooltip includes the ID after the name (also if the tooltip is shown for cards in the exile windows)? That's not enough?

You would like to have the ID added to the name that is visible permanently while selcting cards?
Maybe with the image will be more clear, is it possible to add the ID of Karn in the top bar?
Imagine when you have multiple Oblivion Rings, how are you able to remember which one exiled what?
Attachments
Appunti01.jpg
aieie

Postby LevelX » 26 May 2015, 11:22

aieie wrote:
LevelX wrote:

Maybe with the image will be more clear, is it possible to add the ID of Karn in the top bar?
Imagine when you have multiple Oblivion Rings, how are you able to remember which one exiled what?
Thanks, got it now. Surely simple to archive.
Posting relevant cards would make it easy to implement.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Oby » 27 May 2015, 12:02

LevelX wrote:
aieie wrote:
Thanks, got it now. Surely simple to archive.
Posting relevant cards would make it easy to implement.
Oblivion ring, for one.

A similar problem occurs with Shelldock isle, which exciles cards face down. If you have multiple Shelldocks, you cannot see which one has exiled which card. Moreover, it is not possible for the owner of Shelldock Isle to look at the face-down exiled cards, which may cause confusion.
Oby

Postby The0retico » 09 Jun 2015, 01:25

It would be nice to have attack with all button - it is pretty stupid to loose with 1 min on a clock and around 60 tokens when your opponent is at 40 life.
The0retico

PreviousNext

Return to XMage