It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:50

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby escplan9 » 30 May 2016, 06:53

The AI itself is pretty terrible still, so that would need to be improved first before something as you suggest could possibly be useful.
escplan9

Postby MGA » 12 Jun 2016, 17:03

at this point u should add 2 things imho:
1: required Rate to join rooms so we can create a room with minimum "RATE" to join in in rated match
2: a button to kick from rooms because some ppl is just...
MGA

Postby Dynamo345 » 12 Jun 2016, 21:16

MGA wrote:at this point u should add 2 things imho:
1: required Rate to join rooms so we can create a room with minimum "RATE" to join in in rated match
2: a button to kick from rooms because some ppl is just...
I will plus the kick option
Dynamo345

Postby Rhotick » 19 Jun 2016, 02:49

XMage really needs one of the following:

1. An Undo button while choosing targets, or
2. More explicit text while choosing targets (so there's no ambiguity).

Let me give an example of why this is needed. Consider the card "Raze," which reads thusly:

Code: Select all
R
As an additional cost to cast Raze, sacrifice a land.
Destroy target land.
When you pay the one mana and cast Raze, it will then give you the following prompt:

"Select a land"

But it doesn't say whether you're choosing the land to destroy or the land you're choosing to sacrifice as an additional cost. You won't know until the second prompt, which says, "Select a land (to sacrifice)." So it's entirely realistic that a person could select their own land for the first prompt (which means it will be destroyed as the spell's effect).

There either needs to be an undo button, so that you can fix your mistake if you accidentally choose to destroy your own land because of the ambiguous prompt, OR the first prompt needs to be more explicit and say "Select a land (to destroy)."
Rhotick

Postby Finbez » 25 Jun 2016, 14:17

A fairly small thing but would it be possible to have a center-oriented playscreen like mtgo? It's currently left-oriented and that feels a little odd sometimes.

Rhotick wrote:
"Select a land"

But it doesn't say whether you're choosing the land to destroy or the land you're choosing to sacrifice as an additional cost. You won't know until the second prompt, which says, "Select a land (to sacrifice)." So it's entirely realistic that a person could select their own land for the first prompt (which means it will be destroyed as the spell's effect).

There either needs to be an undo button, so that you can fix your mistake if you accidentally choose to destroy your own land because of the ambiguous prompt, OR the first prompt needs to be more explicit and say "Select a land (to destroy)."
That's entirely how the rules work though. You choose the target of a spell first, it goes on the stack,THEN you pay the cost.
Finbez

Postby Rhotick » 29 Jun 2016, 22:31

Finbez wrote:That's entirely how the rules work though. You choose the target of a spell first, it goes on the stack,THEN you pay the cost.
I don't see why that means the text should be ambiguous.

I've got another usability feature that would be really helpful. I've noticed that sometimes, when you tap your lands for mana, there's a nice undo button that lets you untap them (in case you accidentally tapped it for the wrong color).

But sometimes, there isn't a nice, friendly undo button. Not sure what the difference is (seems like it might have to do with whether it's your turn or not, or whether there's something else on the stack or not), but it would be really helpful if that little undo button could be there all the time. I understand that being able to undo tapping lands for mana wouldn't always fly in paper magic, where you might be able to gauge your opponent's reaction when you tap. But if you have priority, and you haven't put anything on the stack yet, there's no way to gain that kind of information from your opponent while your just tapping or untapping lands.
Rhotick

Postby ShivaFang » 01 Jul 2016, 18:06

When tapping a dual land when paying a generic costs - please allow us to choose the colour. Currently it picks one randomly, however for cards like Skyrider Elf it's basically a 50/50 weather you get a +1/+1 counter on it or not.

The only current work around is to tap the mana first and then play the spell and pull the mana from your pool. This is a little counter-intuitive.

LevelX: You can set off the simplify option to use the first mana ability in such cases.

ImageManaOption.jpg
ShivaFang

Postby All Regent » 08 Jul 2016, 04:22

I think it would be useful to add an automatic stop to the "declare attackers" phase when using the End-Step (F5) pass option. This option is probably the best one to use to speed up games, but oftentimes I find I accidently skip through the declare attackers step because I expected it to stop for a potential play I had. Just think it would improve usability.
All Regent

Postby MGA » 08 Jul 2016, 13:10

PLEASE ADD MINIMUM RATE TO JOIN ROOMS AND A KICK BUTTON

please [-o< add this feat. please

and also an highlight on mana/ability selection (just like when u right click)

but first fulfil the first [-o<
MGA

Postby ShivaFang » 09 Jul 2016, 18:42

ShivaFang wrote:When tapping a dual land when paying a generic costs - please allow us to choose the colour. Currently it picks one randomly, however for cards like Skyrider Elf it's basically a 50/50 weather you get a +1/+1 counter on it or not.

The only current work around is to tap the mana first and then play the spell and pull the mana from your pool. This is a little counter-intuitive.

LevelX: You can set off the simplify option to use the first mana ability in such cases.

ImageManaOption.jpg
Thanks? But it's not clear how to access that menu. I've tried right-click, shift-click, control-click and alt-click.
ShivaFang

Postby Doctor Weird » 09 Jul 2016, 19:01

ShivaFang wrote:Thanks? But it's not clear how to access that menu. I've tried right-click, shift-click, control-click and alt-click.
Right-click the background (not the cards) and you will see the menu from that screenshot.
Doctor Weird

Postby Ekkaiaa » 11 Jul 2016, 21:32

Hi!
With new minimun size for permanents option, could you add a new option for get a conditional "two column" battlefield distribution?
Specially with big 16:9 resolution will be great to use the "right" unused zone of the screen.
The idea:

---enemy zone---

·
Enemy creatures (bottom-left)
Enemy lands/permanents (top-right)
·

Here criatures, etc (top-left)
·
·
Here lands/permanents (like options) (bottom-right)

---your hand---

When to many cards and scrollbars starts appearing, remove this "two column" thing and back to normal (that's what I think its better way).
That's result on a better space use and bigger card images.
Just an optional setting (like "Put non-land permanents in same..." check).

Also, one option to fixed hand width hovering cards could be great.
I meant, the space for hand fixed, not scrollbar, cards above each other, covering only necessary to adjust the previous space and when you hover, it shows entire image.

Thanks!
Ekkaiaa

Postby mtg13579 » 13 Jul 2016, 01:39

Please fix what you did with the most recent update (how Planeswalkers and Artifacts are on their own row. It cause me to have to scroll to see the battlefield now on my laptop. Not sure why a Planeswalker or Artifact cannot be on the same row as they were before. Thank you for listening, and I'm hoping you can put this back to how it was before the most recent update.
mtg13579

Postby Poit » 13 Jul 2016, 23:09

Hey, greatly enjoy this app, and wanted to give a quick thank you for the quick fix to Glimmervoid :)

I have another question concerning the ratings: I was playing an opponent with a decent raing (around 1300), but after raging for 10 minutes after some topdecks on my part he just went AFK and was disconnected when the match ended 10 minutes later while I was stuck there. Then I noticed that the player hat a quit-percentage of around 60%
Thats why I wanted to ask whether quits are counted as losses for the rating and if not, whether it would not be better to include them as such, at least as soon as a certain threshold (Say 30%) is reached. I would assume that someone with a qp > 30% is not really suffering conncectivity issues, as most would probably have given up on online play if that really was the issue.
Poit

Postby Heris » 14 Jul 2016, 09:29

I would like a option to move the stack window; this way i could see all the cards in my hand without scrolling it left and right.
Heris

PreviousNext

Return to XMage