It is currently 23 May 2024, 13:19

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby aieie » 09 Jul 2015, 17:30

Remember last set used in add land window of the deck editor.
aieie

Postby Laqutis » 09 Jul 2015, 22:41

Some basic suggestions that I would like to make.

Gameplay UI:
-the ability to flag cards with always/never yield to stack.
-the ability to flag cards with always/never yield to trigger.
these are extremely important as many deck types are currently underrepresented as they are tedious / impossible to play properly within time constraints notable examples in Storm and Soul Sisters

-The ability to organize permanents in play or alternate methods of automatic card sorting/better grouping

Gameplay UI: Windows handling
-movable off client screen for extra displays
-remember last placed position. Repositioning common windows exile/graveyard/next card every game is tedious
-should never lock priority. All windows should be accessible/movable and scrollable/viewable under all conditions
-cards displayed should fill the window vertically as well as horizontally if it is expanded
-sort option would be great alphabetical/type/CMC
-current relevant window should be denoted with a different color/flash animation etc.

Deck Editor:
-your.DCK file type is the only format not recognized on any of the common deck list sites. It makes import/export a pain.
-An export to text/recognized file type would be great for using various analytical tools provided on websites like deck stats etc.
-drag-and-drop cards between windows as this is the most intuitive and even knowing I often forget to mouse wheel click for swapping cards
-the ability to create temporary holding boxes that preferably go off client screen
-totals in the columns when sorted like MTGO
-split out creatures into separate sort like MTGO
-the option to "unlock" card placement and manually move when column sorted for more accurate view of mana curves like MTGO
-add the type sorting buttons that the card library has to your deck window
-an undo button for all those times I forget to mouse wheel click
-templates that verify the deck being saved at time of save and prompt if you want to continue if they are invalid so you can still save wip's
-A compare between deck files would be great as in the name of experimentation i may have 3/4 versions of a deck with slight tweaks that I Promptly forget exactly what i tweaked
Laqutis

Postby Ripptor » 16 Jul 2015, 22:12

I would really love it if the new mulligan-scry rule was implemented so that I can better practice for the upcoming Pro Tour season! Thanks for all of your work!
Ripptor

Postby gilsgil » 16 Jul 2015, 23:26

I suggest 2 Headed Giant in multiplayer. I really enjoy playing 2HG with some friends and the Official MTGO have a broken 2HG with so bad rules.

Thank you!
gilsgil

Postby The0retico » 19 Jul 2015, 10:45

User experience improvement - remember last used deck based on format of the table/tournament.
The0retico

Postby exalium » 22 Jul 2015, 14:36

UX Improvement:

Slider for the hand at the bottom of the game screen, that will autoscale cards to it's height. I play on a 4K monitor, and my hand as well as all of the text is very tiny. Being able to scale up my hand size would be a great benefit.
exalium

Postby GREENYSH » 27 Jul 2015, 12:46

A player kicking system when building a tournament, so we can kick out players that we don't want in our games (Leavers, flamers, etc)
The ability stack to change of area, or to be deplaceable so you can see your hand if you've more than 8 cards....
GREENYSH

Postby Lysk » 28 Jul 2015, 15:49

A kick function. Or a "to-get-kicked" vote function for multiplayer games.

An optional "time per step" or "time per turn" limit that force passes priority.
Lysk

Postby The0retico » 29 Jul 2015, 22:32

Shortcuts to move to next window and previous window for double qeueing.
The0retico

Postby xqxt » 31 Jul 2015, 12:39

Could support for "Chaos Draft" be added? That is, instead of just choosing the 3 packs that will be used in the draft, the creator of the limited tournament should be able to choose the three packs for each seat (or just select a number of packs equal to the number of players times 3, and these are then randomly distributed among the players).
xqxt

Postby piratehunter » 31 Jul 2015, 23:53

xqxt wrote:Could support for "Chaos Draft" be added? That is, instead of just choosing the 3 packs that will be used in the draft, the creator of the limited tournament should be able to choose the three packs for each seat (or just select a number of packs equal to the number of players times 3, and these are then randomly distributed among the players).
it should be present in the next update on xmage.de its called "random" draft on xmage.

it doesn't quite work like that, you select which sets you are interested in drafting and then it randomly distributes the packs, so everyone gets different packs. if you select fewer than 24 sets, it has multiples of each set.
piratehunter

Postby bdsaxophone » 05 Aug 2015, 23:30

I was wondering if we could get some developers to do a non regulated format. There was a modern no ban list tourney and it was a blast but it seems like we cannot do it on xmage as it is right now. It wouldn't need to be complicated but create a casual format and people can self regulate it in order to do spins on different formats. Let me know if there is already something like this were I could set up a game for Modern No Ban List.
bdsaxophone

Postby xqxt » 07 Aug 2015, 19:11

piratehunter wrote:
xqxt wrote:Could support for "Chaos Draft" be added? That is, instead of just choosing the 3 packs that will be used in the draft, the creator of the limited tournament should be able to choose the three packs for each seat (or just select a number of packs equal to the number of players times 3, and these are then randomly distributed among the players).
it should be present in the next update on xmage.de its called "random" draft on xmage.

it doesn't quite work like that, you select which sets you are interested in drafting and then it randomly distributes the packs, so everyone gets different packs. if you select fewer than 24 sets, it has multiples of each set.
Thanks so much for implementing this! I love the way it has been implemented (better than my suggestion!), although the pack selection screen is a little buggy (works fine, but some checkboxes toggle between being visible and invisible).

By the way, did my suggestion have anything to do with this, or was this already in the works?
xqxt

Postby fireshoes » 07 Aug 2015, 19:34

piratehunter began working on it late June.
fireshoes

Postby fireshoes » 14 Aug 2015, 14:03

Turn off selected F5/F7/F9 buttons when Rollback is selected. Otherwise you can accept the rollback and then skip past your turn.
fireshoes

PreviousNext

Return to XMage