It is currently 13 May 2024, 15:53

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby aieie » 20 Aug 2015, 21:09

You might want start working to rollout this in time: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-08-20
aieie

Postby LevelX » 22 Aug 2015, 17:39

Chai wrote:I have been playing alot of life gain decks recently, and it would be really great to have an option to say have the game say "yes" or "no" to all of the triggered abilities if I select the option or alternatively enable stacking of multiple triggers of the same card. Frequent offenders I have found are:
- Soul Warden
- Essence Warden
- Golem's Heart
- Angel's Feather
- Demon's Horn
- Dragon's Claw
- Kraken's Eye

Also, could we have tokens that are the same stack please? X X/X squirrels take up alot of space on the board....
In the next update is an option to set the order of triggered abilities more automatically using a new popupMenu in the stack order dialog for tiggered abilities.
Popup.jpg
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Laqutis » 23 Aug 2015, 15:53

O:)
LevelX wrote:In the next update is an option to set the order of triggered abilities more automatically using a new popupMenu in the stack order dialog for tiggered abilities.
Popup.jpg
[-o< :-" :-({|= \:D/ :partyman: :supz: =D>
Laqutis

Postby Cachexia » 26 Aug 2015, 06:45

Suggestion:
In the New Match creation window, an option for Xmage to choose a random deck within a specified directory (for either the player or AI)

Example:
I'd like to test a deck against 5 possible variants of Abzan, but not initially know which exact variant I'm facing when the match starts
Cachexia

Postby xxSkedz24xx » 28 Aug 2015, 04:41

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, and I don't really have time to read through 200+ posts to see if it has, but is it possible that in a future update you guys could add something like "Constructed - Casual" as one of the "formats" when you create a new match? It'd be a great way to just go online with some friends and play whatever you wanna play without any rules (other than the limit 4 per card that isn't a basic land)
xxSkedz24xx

Postby Doctor Weird » 28 Aug 2015, 13:11

xxSkedz24xx wrote:I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, and I don't really have time to read through 200+ posts to see if it has, but is it possible that in a future update you guys could add something like "Constructed - Casual" as one of the "formats" when you create a new match? It'd be a great way to just go online with some friends and play whatever you wanna play without any rules (other than the limit 4 per card that isn't a basic land)
Not 100% sure here, but I think you can achieve what you want by selecting "Limited" under deck type (last option, under all the block formats), and then a normal two player duel or free for all. As far as I remember it allows cards from all sets, has no banned or restricted list, and minimum deck size is 40 cards.

Again, not entirely sure, I could be remembering wrong, but try it out with a deck you'd like to use in those games and see if allows you to create a game with it.
Doctor Weird

Postby WrinKtontaf » 01 Sep 2015, 22:21

I've been playing a lot of xmage lately and there's one little thing that keeps tripping me up. At the start of the game, you're asked if you want to mulligan down to 6. To me, it seems a little more logical to ask if the player wishes to keep their hand.

I look at my hand and my first thought is "keep or not" not "mulligan or not" and a lot of times I'll hit yes just because I'm not thinking and I'll mulligan a hand I wanted to keep.
WrinKtontaf

Postby PalladiaMors » 07 Sep 2015, 04:39

A small fraction of the Xmage community is becoming extremely difficult to deal with. I've recently been called "dude is your fucking dad your brother you inbread peice of annoying shit", among a few other names. At some point a solution for these things is going to become necessary, otherwise we risk the community becoming unfriendly, which is the worst thing that can possibly happen to a game.

Meanwhile, if at all possible, I'd like to request that "historical standard" is renamed to something idiot-proof, such as "historical type 2", in order to avoid possible confusions.

Edit: to expand on the idea. At some point, in order to ensure that the game atmosphere remains civilized, it's going to be really important to have accounts and ensure that players have fixed names. We need to be able to recognize the trolls in order to be able to avoid them. These people who constantly troll and change their names every time they connect are a problem. Obviously someone who behaves like that can't possibly have good intentions.
PalladiaMors

Postby TeKo » 09 Sep 2015, 21:29

WrinKtontaf wrote:I've been playing a lot of xmage lately and there's one little thing that keeps tripping me up. At the start of the game, you're asked if you want to mulligan down to 6. To me, it seems a little more logical to ask if the player wishes to keep their hand.

I look at my hand and my first thought is "keep or not" not "mulligan or not" and a lot of times I'll hit yes just because I'm not thinking and I'll mulligan a hand I wanted to keep.
I think a lot of the dialogs are kinda hard to understand at first.

For the mulligan I would prefer something like:

Do you want to mulligan?

[Keep] [Mulligan]

Yes and No buttons are never optimal.

Is it possible to change the "Look and Feel"? The shiny nimbus buttons and scrollbars are kinda distracting.
TeKo

Postby MichaelDyrud » 19 Sep 2015, 22:39

Would it be possible to get a new sorting option for deck building sealed pools? Sort by color is pretty bad in BFZ, since all of the Devoid cards are colorless but not a colorless color identity. Could we get sort by Color Identity perhaps?
MichaelDyrud

Postby escplan9 » 20 Sep 2015, 11:17

I also like the idea of being able to sort by Color Identity (in the case of devoid).

Can we also make it so there is an "unlock sorting" type option that lets you freely drag and drop the cards as you wish (similar to MTGO in that aspect)? It makes it easier when the CMC isn't when you typically would play the card on curve. For instance, when doing KTK deck building, a lot of your morphs you will usually play for (3), but their CMC usually is 5+.
escplan9

Postby tuberov » 20 Sep 2015, 21:42

Could we get a "format" that only allows for the sets that will be in standard after a rotation happens? It's getting increasingly harder to test for post-rotation when people who have difficulty understanding "Post Rotation only; BFZ Standard Testing; No Theros/M15" in the parenthesis keep jumping into your games and you have no clue they aren't running the same guidelines as you until they use a card that won't be in that post-rotation standard.

Thank you.
tuberov

Postby LevelX » 20 Sep 2015, 22:38

MichaelDyrud wrote:Would it be possible to get a new sorting option for deck building sealed pools? Sort by color is pretty bad in BFZ, since all of the Devoid cards are colorless but not a colorless color identity. Could we get sort by Color Identity perhaps?

LevelX: Beyond 1.4.4v4 the Color Detailed sort is replaced by a Color Identity sort. That checks for Mana Symbols in casting costs and rule text (not reminder).
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby emerald000 » 21 Sep 2015, 02:26

A related thing I would be interested in is separating lands from non-lands in the deck editor screen. I find it weird for example that 0-cost cards are grouped with lands when you sort by cost, or that artifacts are sorted with lands when sorted by color.
emerald000

Postby Shockwave » 21 Sep 2015, 10:59

A related thing I would be interested in is separating lands from non-lands in the deck editor screen. I find it weird for example that 0-cost cards are grouped with lands when you sort by cost, or that artifacts are sorted with lands when sorted by color.
I second this, also being able to separate creature spells from other spells would be nice too (Drafts and sealed especially).
Shockwave

PreviousNext

Return to XMage