It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:09

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby LevelX » 22 Oct 2014, 07:52

Rosieodonell wrote:I love the product so I don't think you need to hear me praise you all day. *if you do please private message me*

I would love to see the following:

1. A way to make games private or public. So if you wanted to just play friends you can set a password etc...
2. When you first load up xmage.. on the connect pop-up it would be great to save server profile add-on... where you can save a profile locally and use a drop down to switch ip address.
1) It's already implemented for matches and tournaments, there is a password field. And user can only join if they enter the correct password.
Or do you mean you would like to have a password to be able to watch a match?

2) I'm not sure if I get your demand correctly.
XMage shall default the server to connet to with one you selected before? Out of my mind I would say it defaults always the last server you connected successfully to. But that's not what you would like?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Tournament management

Postby The0retico » 23 Oct 2014, 09:31

I tried making some constructed tournaments and there are some features i was missing:
- drop a player: Sometimes people get lagged/disconnected or start trolling, therefore it would be good to have an option to remove a player from the tournament.
- suggested number of swiss rounds: It would be good if new tournament functionality suggested default number of rounds for swiss tournaents as recommended by MTR (ceil(log2(numberOfPlayers))).
-
The0retico

Postby fireshoes » 27 Oct 2014, 14:21

I don't think a lot of users realize when the daily restart of the server is going to occur, either because of not seeing the messages at the bottom of the client or not knowing because of time zone differences. Could the system post a restart warning in the chat every 10 or 15 minutes for an hour before the restart?
fireshoes

Postby varygoode » 29 Oct 2014, 01:55

fireshoes wrote:I don't think a lot of users realize when the daily restart of the server is going to occur, either because of not seeing the messages at the bottom of the client or not knowing because of time zone differences. Could the system post a restart warning in the chat every 10 or 15 minutes for an hour before the restart?
That is such an excellent idea. A warning could also pop up when you create a game with a timer if the game time crosses over reset time.
varygoode

Postby varygoode » 29 Oct 2014, 14:41

For draft, I think the basic lands need to be removed from the packs. That's how we do it at real drafts I've been to and it does help speed things ever so slightly.
varygoode

Postby fireshoes » 30 Oct 2014, 15:48

If I don't control any creatures when my opponent is attacking, I'd like to have the Select Blocker button not show up, so if I'm F9'd, I don't have to click the button. If I have manlands or tapped creatures, they would need to be activated or untapped in Declare Attackers, so the Select Blockers button is not necessary there either.
fireshoes

Postby LevelX » 30 Oct 2014, 16:43

fireshoes wrote:If I don't control any creatures when my opponent is attacking, I'd like to have the Select Blocker button not show up, so if I'm F9'd, I don't have to click the button. If I have manlands or tapped creatures, they would need to be activated or untapped in Declare Attackers, so the Select Blockers button is not necessary there either.
Already available. Check off the marked option.
Preferences.jpg
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby emerald000 » 30 Oct 2014, 16:56

LevelX wrote:
fireshoes wrote:If I don't control any creatures when my opponent is attacking, I'd like to have the Select Blocker button not show up, so if I'm F9'd, I don't have to click the button. If I have manlands or tapped creatures, they would need to be activated or untapped in Declare Attackers, so the Select Blockers button is not necessary there either.
Already available. Check off the marked option.
Preferences.jpg
The problem with turning this off is that you can't kill creatures on Declare Blockers step if you have no blockers.

There's no reason to ever ask for blocks if you have no creatures.
emerald000

Postby LevelX » 30 Oct 2014, 18:07

emerald000 wrote:The problem with turning this off is that you can't kill creatures on Declare Blockers step if you have no blockers.

There's no reason to ever ask for blocks if you have no creatures.
So what is your suggestion to change in XMage?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby emerald000 » 31 Oct 2014, 13:56

That would be in two parts.

1- Add a checkbox for Declare Attackers/Declare Blockers/Damage steps like the other steps.

2- If defending player controls no creatures, skip the block declaration (as you can't make any blocks anyway). Bonus points if we are able to detect when we can't make any legal block (such as a tapped creature). But that gets messy with stuff like blocking restrictions and Masako the Humorless.
emerald000

Postby varygoode » 31 Oct 2014, 19:15

Again, for draft, it would be highly beneficial for the program to flash or change xMage to be the active window whenever you receive a pack to draft from.

Generally, I'm still frustrated with the placement of the card that Courser/etc. reveals. There is clear space below the gray box that has our life totals and such that the card would fit just fine. Either that, or make a spot in the gray box specifically for revealed top of deck card by moving things around?
varygoode

Postby LevelX » 01 Nov 2014, 01:12

varygoode wrote:Again, for draft, it would be highly beneficial for the program to flash or change xMage to be the active window whenever you receive a pack to draft from.
I added tray info if XMage is not the active window and a new pack is shown.
By the way with next update you can now mark a card to be the one to draft if you not select or mark another until time runs out. Also you see the player draft order on the draft panel.

varygoode wrote:Generally, I'm still frustrated with the placement of the card that Courser/etc. reveals. There is clear space below the gray box that has our life totals and such that the card would fit just fine. Either that, or make a spot in the gray box specifically for revealed top of deck card by moving things around?
I guess your problem is the covered display of the player life. I added the life to the tooltip of the player name. So you can hover with the mouse pointer over the player name to see the current live. This is no satisfying solution for you?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Rubblekill » 01 Nov 2014, 11:50

I don't know if it has already been suggested/asked, but why don't you add a storm count indicator like it's on MODO?
Rubblekill

Postby LevelX » 01 Nov 2014, 13:10

Rubblekill wrote:I don't know if it has already been suggested/asked, but why don't you add a storm count indicator like it's on MODO?
Can you describe a little bit how it works and looks?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby emerald000 » 01 Nov 2014, 19:02

LevelX wrote:
Rubblekill wrote:I don't know if it has already been suggested/asked, but why don't you add a storm count indicator like it's on MODO?
Can you describe a little bit how it works and looks?
The current MTGO implementation is showing on cards with Storm a line saying:

Storm Count: 7

That implementation is quite awkward as Storm decks usually have their Storm cards in their deck or sideboard while going off and only tutor it once the storm count is reached. That current approach force you to count your storm count manually until you can get a Storm card in your hand. The opponent also has to count the storm manually since they probably do not have a card with Storm.

The old MTGO implementation was quite better in my opinion. Whenever a high enough Storm count was achieved (I think it was 4 or 5), there was a message in chat saying the storm count with every new spell cast. That way, every player has always access to the storm count.
emerald000

PreviousNext

Return to XMage