It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:45

Text Size

Shandalar install and usage questions

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar install and usage questions

Postby saucemaker » 02 Aug 2016, 14:35

Hi!

I'm trying to install the latest version of Shandalar, from this link: viewtopic.php?t=17003&p=195405#p195405

Number 4 says "Unzip the package attached to this post into the same directory.", but there are two shandalar zip files on the thread. DL1, and AS3. Which one do I install?

When it says "Update ManaLink to BFZ2", does that just mean install manalink from BFZ2? I've done that, but the "manalink.exe" does not run (I'm using Windows 10).

Can someone explain what the updates do? Are they new enemies, or just new cards or ... how does it work?
saucemaker

Re: Shandalar install and usage questions

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Aug 2016, 12:54

Korath wrote:
A bugfix-only release in the previous series, Abandoned Shrine 3 ("AS3"), is also attached. It has no new cards or features compared to Abandoned Shrine 1 or 2; however, it is much closer to stable, and I recommend using it instead of DL1 if your intention is to play the game rather than to test it.
The above comment which is in the install link is very clear to me but lets clear it even more:
Want a more stable version = unzip AS3
want a test version with more cards but less stable = unzip DL1

1 Manalink = base game.
2 BFZ2 latest manalink patch.

Updates can include new cards,new sets,new features,card artwork,base game artwork,so far not new enemies.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Shandalar install and usage questions

Postby Rawky » 05 Aug 2016, 01:11

I played with AS3 for a couple months. Just recently switched up to DL1.

IMO go with DL1. There are scarce amount of bugs in both. If you play either one enough, you find some. None that I found were prohibitive to enjoying the game as a whole. Might as well get more cards to play with.
Rawky

Return to Shandalar