It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:57

Text Size

Bad shandalar bug !

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Bad shandalar bug !

Postby ozgur1318 » 20 Oct 2016, 05:17

hi, i have this problem on shandalar.

whenever i duel with a creature and lots of turns passed , and on the board let say there are 65-75 total card including all permanents and lands including my and my opennents.
Then after a while the computer AI suddenly stops making any moves .The middle tab just disapears (on which " done main phase before combat" was written ) and never appears again! . i just wait for hours .
, checked my task manager on windows xp .Everything seems normal the program seems running well but suddenly i realised the CPU usage just became %100 (on task manager- performance. ) !
and it doesn't recover until i shut down the program with brute force!

:shock:

help please.
ozgur1318

Re: Bad shandalar bug !

Postby TheKillerNacho » 20 Oct 2016, 14:28

Not experienced this bug myself, but if you are regularly getting it, don't hesitate to report it in the proper place, here:
tracker.php?p=4

Try to be as detailed as possible about what triggers it. What version of Shanadlar are you using? Are there any card(s) that seem to be played in every game this occurs? What kind of decks are you using for the AI (since the issue seems to be that the AI engine crashes)? Is there any error boxes that pop up (Look for extra Shandalar windows in your task bar; I've noticed that error pop ups do not always appear on top of Shandalar when I get them)?

I see in your post you are running Windows XP, is this an extremely old computer? What are the specs you're running at? Personally I've had some very long games in Shandalar, but not encountered a problem that it was eating up the whole CPU. Having said that, it shouldn't come as a shock that it is poorly optimized in general.
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Re: Bad shandalar bug !

Postby ozgur1318 » 19 Nov 2016, 14:13

i was trying to beat one of the dungens there with a lot of red creatures inside.. . named something like "gruul" . my deck is really big i play with more than 350 cards. "life loses ara carried" so i was tring to fill up my life thats why i played a lot o turns. and the bug happened again and again and again .if i wait a lot and there is a lot of cards on the screen it gots frozen i guess. and yes my laptop is really old. i use xp sp3. ıntel pentium M processor 1.86 Ghz. 782 Mhz, 2.00 Gb RAM . ati radeon x700 graphics card.. i was trying to attach a screnn show with the bug but couldnt find how to attach the jpg file ?
ozgur1318

Return to Shandalar