It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:35

Text Size

Bug reports

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports

Postby ShawnieBoy » 22 Jul 2014, 03:26

Works fine for me - For some reason when I was using the Game layer it was still not functioning.
Glad it's sorted and that "has can't" has been tidied up too :)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muaddib » 23 Jul 2014, 05:43

Game crushed when game session started.
Attachments
crash.log
(140.63 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
muaddib
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 23 Jul 2014, 14:35

muaddib wrote:Game crushed when game session started.
Looking at the logs, it seems that Grenzo, Dungeon Warden is activated while a library is empty? That's assuming a 40 card deck, and counting all cards in hand+graveyard+battlefield for the AI.

Would explain an index out of bounds error.

Are you using the latest build? There's already a check for an empty library in the groovy.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 24 Jul 2014, 11:48

Not a bug. Ok the search works as well as can be expected for example fetch lands and Stoneforge Mystic.
So I thought I'd turn to the next thing which is A.I. has a 1/1 I have a 2/2 A.I. will mostly attack. I suspect there must be something in the evaluation function that has positive value assigned to dealing damage to creatures that doesn't kill them. I think a good first move would be to just remove this completely and see what effect that has. I haven't done any coding since basic was a language or I might have a go myself.
muppet
Tester

Postby jerichopumpkin » 24 Jul 2014, 21:58

evolve triggers when you play an enchantment creature using bestow. Rulings is not very clear, but hints in the direction that that should not happen. Anyone has more insight on this?
jerichopumpkin

Postby ShawnieBoy » 24 Jul 2014, 23:42

jerichopumpkin wrote:evolve triggers when you play an enchantment creature using bestow. Rulings is not very clear, but hints in the direction that that should not happen. Anyone has more insight on this?
That's a bug - When a 'creature' comes into play by paying it's bestow cost, it's not a creature, it's an aura (not an enchantment, creature, aura). Evolve only triggers when a creature enters the battlefield, not cast. As a bestowed 'creature' is an aura, it shouldn't trigger evolve.

When it's no longer attached to anything it loses 'aura' and gains 'creature' and so still shouldn't trigger evolve as it's already on the battlefield.

Will have a look at the coding - nice find.
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muaddib » 25 Jul 2014, 12:07

I'm using Magarena 1.51.
When I generate new opponent deck game crush disappered.
Below opponents deck that generate crush.
Attachments
comp1.dec
(513 Bytes) Downloaded 166 times
muaddib
Tester

Postby ShawnieBoy » 25 Jul 2014, 12:13

muaddib wrote:I'm using Magarena 1.51.
When I generate new opponent deck game crush disappered.
Below opponents deck that generate crush.
This is Grenzo, Dungeon Warden again - if you use the most recent version of him, it will be fine.

Here it is if your convenience:

Code: Select all
[
    new MagicPermanentActivation(
        new MagicActivationHints(MagicTiming.Token),
        "Reanimate"
    ) {

@Override
        public Iterable<MagicEvent> getCostEvent(final MagicPermanent source) {
            return [
                new MagicPayManaCostEvent(source, "{2}")
            ];
        }

@Override
        public MagicEvent getPermanentEvent(final MagicPermanent source, final MagicPayedCost payedCost) {
            return new MagicEvent(
                source,
                this,
                "PN puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. "+
                "If it's a creature card with power less than or equal to SN's power, PN puts it onto the battlefield."
            );
        }

@Override
        public void executeEvent(final MagicGame game, final MagicEvent event) {
            if (event.getPlayer().getLibrary().size() > 0) {
                final MagicCard card = event.getPlayer().getLibrary().getCardAtBottom();
                game.doAction(new MagicRemoveCardAction(card,MagicLocationType.OwnersLibrary));
                game.doAction(new MagicMoveCardAction(card,MagicLocationType.BottomOfOwnersLibrary,MagicLocationType.Graveyard));
                game.logAppendMessage(event.getPlayer()," ("+card.getName()+") ");
                if (
                    card.hasType(MagicType.Creature) &&
                    (card.getPower() <= event.getPermanent().getPower())
                ) {
                    game.doAction(new MagicReanimateAction(card,event.getPlayer()));
                    game.logAppendMessage(event.getPlayer()," put onto the Battlefield.")
                }
            }
        }
    }
]
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby muppet » 25 Jul 2014, 12:29

Hmm I seem to have broken my magearena somehow. Ok so I had a crash last time I used it but had no time to investigate. Now whenever I start up the program it crashes. So I tried an old version 1.51 and 1.47 to see if it was the version I had downloaded but they don't load either. So I updated my java and rebooted and reinstalled the 1.52 I had got and it still crashes here is the log from the fresh install no Idea what I have done.
crash.log
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
muppet
Tester

Postby Lodici » 25 Jul 2014, 12:39

muppet wrote:Hmm I seem to have broken my magearena somehow. Ok so I had a crash last time I used it but had no time to investigate. Now whenever I start up the program it crashes. So I tried an old version 1.51 and 1.47 to see if it was the version I had downloaded but they don't load either. So I updated my java and rebooted and reinstalled the 1.52 I had got and it still crashes here is the log from the fresh install no Idea what I have done.
Please see issue 622. In summary, add "-noverify" to the commandline.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby muppet » 25 Jul 2014, 12:43

thanks I thought I might aswell try the absolute latest version and that seems to have fixed it but i'll read 622 in case its a temporary fix and I break it again.
muppet
Tester

Postby jerichopumpkin » 28 Jul 2014, 20:51

Wight of Precinct Six calculate it's bonus based on the active player's opponent instead of your opponent, so during the AI's turn, it gets +1/+1 for each creature in your graveyard
jerichopumpkin

Postby melvin » 29 Jul 2014, 10:04

jerichopumpkin wrote:Wight of Precinct Six calculate it's bonus based on the active player's opponent instead of your opponent, so during the AI's turn, it gets +1/+1 for each creature in your graveyard
Thanks for the report! Fixed in https://code.google.com/p/magarena/sour ... bd4b1ea15d
melvin
AI Programmer

Postby PalladiaMors » 02 Aug 2014, 02:33

It seems like the ability Transmute isn't working on the card Perplex. Playtested other cards with Transmute to see if this was a generalized problem but it seems to affect only Perplex.
PalladiaMors

Postby melvin » 02 Aug 2014, 03:26

PalladiaMors wrote:It seems like the ability Transmute isn't working on the card Perplex. Playtested other cards with Transmute to see if this was a generalized problem but it seems to affect only Perplex.
Good catch, the card script for Perplex was missing the line "ability=transmute {1}{U}{B}". Fixed in https://code.google.com/p/magarena/sour ... a397a3ecfe
melvin
AI Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magarena